May 24 2011, Rice Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could figure out some sort of anti-rain dance, and perform it at the stadium while you're there, I'd appreciate it. :wink:
]

Ha will do. I'm actually probably just going to go up early in the day tomorrow.

And you know what I'm thinking we won't get any rain. It hasn't been too bad today, and its supposed to be clearing away by tomorrow night. If it does rain, hopefully it dumps on The Fray and then clears just as U2 is taking the stage :D

Heading up to the stadium soon, just to kind of scope it out, see what's going on...looks like rain tonight; hoping tomorrow will be decently clear.

We actually drove past yesterday after our flight landed coming home from the Denver concert!!! We just couldn't resist not making the 15 minute drive past!

We actually drove past yesterday after our flight landed coming home from the Denver concert!!! We just couldn't resist not making the 15 minute drive past!

I haven't seen the Claw in person since Vegas way back in '09!

I just can't resist going up to see it in my hometown tonight! Plus, I'm bringing some of my close friends (who are non-believers) with me tonight so I can show them that U2 really pull out all the stops for this show! :hyper::hyper:

Ha will do. I'm actually probably just going to go up early in the day tomorrow.

And you know what I'm thinking we won't get any rain. It hasn't been too bad today, and its supposed to be clearing away by tomorrow night. If it does rain, hopefully it dumps on The Fray and then clears just as U2 is taking the stage :D

Same here, in all cases. Since I have douchebag seats, i mean do a double dose of douchery and eat dinner during The Fray. :wink:

Same here, in all cases. Since I have douchebag seats, i mean do a double dose of douchery and eat dinner during The Fray. :wink:

Oh dude I wish I had that option.

Enjoy the show man! I know I will. For the 3 friends coming with me, this will be their first U2 show ever. I'm pretty excited for them to experience U2 live.

And you never know, this may be the last time U2 ever comes through here. Should be fun :up:

The local news tonight said that in addition to the regular Trax schedule, there will be extra Trax trains going straight to the stadium for the U2 concert. The special U2 concert trains will be leaving from the Sandy Station at 5:30, 5:45, 6:00 & 6:15. After the concert there will be 4 special trains that run from the stadium directly back to the Sandy Station.

When U2 played at Rice-Eccles Stadium during the POPMART Tour, the "U" on the hill above the University was lighted with the addition of a "2" next to it. Does anyone associated with the University know if that will happen tomorrow night?

The latest weather forecast indicates that the rain should clear out in the early afternoon tomorrow, so the weather should be good for the concert! :lol:

Flying out tomorrow at around noon - really...145 already in GA line...won't get there til about 3 PM tomorrow. My usual line up time and I always seem to get within a few feet from outer circle - fine by me - get to see whoever walks around the outer ramp. Got in line at Denver at about 2:30 and had a fine spot - even when the crowd crashers moved in after The Fray.

When U2 played at Rice-Eccles Stadium during the POPMART Tour, the "U" on the hill above the University was lighted with the addition of a "2" next to it. Does anyone associated with the University know if that will happen tomorrow night?

The latest weather forecast indicates that the rain should clear out in the early afternoon tomorrow, so the weather should be good for the concert! :lol:

I don't think so. That was put together by a local radio station, 107.5 The End (now 101.9 The End), where they got a bunch of white sheets together to make a big 2 next to the U. I haven't heard of anything happening this time. That was pretty cool though. I remember Bono made mention of it during the concert, saying: "Its good were not called 'The Red Hot Chili Peppers' or something".

Hard to believe that was over 14 years ago:ohmy:

The University did not officially do that, some fans and a local radio station did. And it wasn't there tonight, but I'm hoping someone will get it up tomorrow!

The GA line was steadily growing by the time I left.

The Claw looked absolutely MASSIVE against the smaller Rice-Eccles Stadium. I mean, even people in the highest seats are going to be pretty close. It's going to be a great show.

The crew and stadium workers were testing the lights on the stage and in the stadium, no soundchecks, although I did hear Space Oddity being played over the PA for a little bit. Not the whole song, just part of it. Seemed like they were testing out the main speakers.

There will probably be a quick soundcheck tomorrow, so those in the GA line will get to hear it! I'll be getting to the stadium probably just as the Fray are wrapping up. :reject::reject:

I am too excited to even sleep tonight. It's going to be a very, very special show indeed tomorrow.

The University did not officially do that, some fans and a local radio station did. And it wasn't there tonight, but I'm hoping someone will get it up tomorrow!

The GA line was steadily growing by the time I left.

The Claw looked absolutely MASSIVE against the smaller Rice-Eccles Stadium. I mean, even people in the highest seats are going to be pretty close. It's going to be a great show.

The crew and stadium workers were testing the lights on the stage and in the stadium, no soundchecks, although I did hear Space Oddity being played over the PA for a little bit. Not the whole song, just part of it. Seemed like they were testing out the main speakers.

There will probably be a quick soundcheck tomorrow, so those in the GA line will get to hear it! I'll be getting to the stadium probably just as the Fray are wrapping up. :reject::reject:

I am too excited to even sleep tonight. It's going to be a very, very special show indeed tomorrow.

Thanks for the update TheEdge25! And good luck tomorrow!

1b844fb335.png

686554aba5.png

1dd71da5e8.png

U2 concert is the most successful, most expensive of all time | Deseret News

47,000 with another 10,000 is hardly 'intimate', but if you want to say that, CanadInns wins the prize up in Winnipeg holding 30,000 (42,000 with temp seating for football, but I don't think they've put that many temps in for U2)

Well U2 did play SLC on the Boy tour in 1980 to a hundred or so people, so we still win for most intimate :wink:

Let us know how that goes edge25. Good luck.

U2inUtah said:
Well U2 did play SLC on the Boy tour in 1980 to a hundred or so people, so we still win for most intimate :wink:

Ahh, back when people sent each other letters bitching about the setlist, cos the Internet didn't exist :wink:

Let us know how that goes edge25. Good luck.

Ahh, back when people sent each other letters bitching about the setlist, cos the Internet didn't exist :wink:

"Ugh they played I Will Follow AGAIN???? When are they gonna give that thing a rest?"

...response comes days later...

"Probably soon. I bet that song will be off the setlist for twenty years."

...even later....

"I think you're right!"

Tomorrow night in SLC, second song of the night begins:

"SHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT"

:wink:

Hard to believe that was over 14 years ago:ohmy:

I was in Japan when they came here for Pop. I remember some of my friends sending me letters complaining that they didn't think the show was very good.

I wanted to kill my friends.

I was in Japan when they came here for Pop. I remember some of my friends sending me letters complaining that they didn't think the show was very good.

I wanted to kill my friends.

Dude, some "friends". :wink:

I think I've mentioned before, but I didn't remember it being all that great of show either, at least compared to Elevation and Vertigo tours, but just to see the huge PopMart screen was pretty spectacular, especially for back then....and we got multiple songs from Pop, which looking back was also pretty spectacular :rockon:

Also the crowd was waaay into it from what I remember. I think them not having come to SLC since 1983 and the War tour had something to do with it. People had been waiting forever for U2 to come back. I have the bootleg of the show if you ever want to hear it.

I was only 17 then, now I'm 31 when they make their return to REStadium.

Crazy.

Weird, I was legitimately standing maybe 20 feet at the farthest from whoever recorded that. When Edge first walks out, the camera is pointed in the exact area I was. We were up against the "eclipse" or whatever lame name it was called on that same side, a little closer to the front though.

Compared to how it's been, the weather and temperature will be perfectly fine tonight I think. Hallelujah!

Weird, I was legitimately standing maybe 20 feet at the farthest from whoever recorded that. When Edge first walks out, the camera is pointed in the exact area I was. We were up against the "eclipse" or whatever lame name it was called on that same side, a little closer to the front though.

Compared to how it's been, the weather and temperature will be perfectly fine tonight I think. Hallelujah!

Some higher power above us knows that Bono and the boys are going to be in town. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom