May 21, 2011 - Invesco Field - Denver, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, for anyone who has flown Frontier before, are they more like Southwest (with no reserved seating)? Do they charge for bags?

By the way, I was panicking about the hotel near the stadium is no longer available for May 21. And then just for the hell of it I searched my email inbox, and lo and behold, I'd made a reservation already. Back in July. :sigh: I have to get these reservations straight or I'm gonna end up with duplicates of them...

not sure about bags, but it is assigned seating. i'm flying in on frontier and booked through travelocity. my confirmation has a seat number

not sure about bags, but it is assigned seating. i'm flying in on frontier and booked through travelocity. my confirmation has a seat number

It's been years since I flew Frontier, but they had assigned seats back when I flew them.
And, it's one of the few airline flights I've ever been on that a flight attendant (rather a young woman, too) enforced the Exit Row policy and moved an old couple from there because she believed they couldn't assist in an emergency.

:up::up::up:

I flew Frontier last time I attempted to go to this show. I think I remember assigned seating and I think they charged for bags, but I didn't bring any. I did get to board in the very first group on the way home because my bag didn't have to go in the overhead bin; it could fit under the seat. That'll happen this time as well, because I'm only in town for one night. Clean panties and a toothbrush don't take up much space. :)

Thanks for the info about Frontier, everyone.

How early are you getting into the city? I was hoping to catch the soundchecks.

Not sure that there will be extensive rehearsals/soundchecks on site before this show since Mexico City will only have been a week before (and S. America not long before those). I'm getting in that Thursday night but that's really just to see the city a bit. I'd love to be wrong though! :)

Don't forget to visit Red Rocks.:wave:

I had a great time there last summer- even though the park was empty, wet, and dreary.

Red Rocks is at the top of the non-show agenda! I have to figure out how to get there without car though, I think there are tours...

Denver, then Salt Lake City, anyone?

Q1) I'm only doing really preliminary planning here, but is anyone driving from Denver to SLC? I'm sure it's cheaper than flying, and I'm a good passenger: splits the cost of gas, easy-going, agreeable or asleep!:D

Q2) Are Denver and SLC less "popular" locations than Chicago? This is what I'm looking for. As I'm a concert newb, I'd prefer a more chilled GA queue and pit experience. Not as much squishing, no crazy overnight queuing, etc. A more chilled city also means more chance of getting the band's attention with signs :lol:

^fellows, I stand corrected. On united.com, a one-way flight from DEN to SLC is only $66!

Holy hell, that's an awesome price.

BTW--I would say Denver could be kinda crazy in the GA since it will be the U.S. kick-off of this tour leg. Doesn't mean it's not worth getting close though.

Just picked up my tix yesterday, flying or driving out from minneapolis...
Anyone planning on meeting up before hand??

I have come close to meeting them all before pre show, and i'm determined this is my year :) So i'll be standing outside all day :)

Since I have a seat for this one, I might try to wait and meet them too, hadn't done any waits in NJ or Vancouver, and I usually do it at least once a tour.

Found Denver ticket:applaud:Looking for someone to carpool from Denver to SLC and back...I have a fine 2009 Chevy Cobalt, fresh tires and gets decent mpg. Im leaving Denver May 22 or 23rd and camping out in GA for SLC. I have two extra tickets for SLC. thanks

For the GA crew....Is the Invesco Field area pretty secure as far as walking around before the GA line forms. I know for Chicago they said no overnight lines as official policy but the line formed overnight way before the "official" 8am time.

I'm getting in on Thursday too. I was hoping to have time to visit Rocky Mountain National Park. But I want to hear them if they're doing sound checks too.

Me too...I'm just plotting and patiently waiting...And trying to eyeball when I wanna head to Denver!:DI'm hoping for some soundcheck-age!

Denver hotel.

Booked the Residence Inn in Denver for May 20th to the 22nd. Booked via priceline for a bid of $50 and came to $121 after taxes and fees. Hotel is 2.02 miles from stadium. reviews on priceline 4.8 out of five.

Hi you guys! My summer plans just firmed up, so I can make the Denver and Salt Lake city. Now I just need to get the tickets :D

Anyone has a Denver GA or 100s section (ADAM's SIDE) to sell?
Ipingb, you said you have to extra tix to SLC. Are they GAs? I am seriously interested:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom