May 21, 2011 - Invesco Field - Denver, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the face? That's a great idea!

Because I don't know if I can pull this off again driving by myself. I would like to visit more National Parks, but time is always a constraint. This year I had planned to go to the SLC show, and when they postponed it, I still went out there. And I drove to Bryce Canyon NP for 4.5 hours. Stayed there for 2 nights, and then drove another 4.5 hours back. By myself. I really enjoyed it, but it was still tiring. I have to plan really well if I want to do something like that again with Denver and SLC shows.

Oh, yeah. It seems like you have to psyche yourself up for driving long distances. As long as I'm planning on going to both Denver and SLC, I'll drive between 'em. You're welcome to carpool with me!

The best advice I've gotten to stay awake for long drives is to chew on sunflower seeds. It's gross to spit them in a cup and have them sticking to your lips and in your teeth, shirt, etc., but Hey! You're by yourself anyway.
The action of doing that keeps you awake, but you can still focus on the road.

That and cranking up NIN and Ministry or what-have-you.

For some reason driving through Wisconsin makes me sleepy more than anywhere else. I can drive 12 hours or whatever somewhere else, but put me on 94 going to Madison and it's a battle.

For some reason driving through Wisconsin makes me sleepy more than anywhere else. I can drive 12 hours or whatever somewhere else, but put me on 94 going to Madison and it's a battle.

Yes. Some of it is really pretty, but I've seen it a million times.

It's the same for Des Moines for me. But, at least with 35 South from Minneapolis to Iowa, it's straight enough that the car generally just keeps going straight even if you do doze off. :D

I probably drove from DEN airport to Red Feather a dozen times, but it was always pretty enough that I never got tired. The sun shining on the mountains and rocks was always changing.

^:bow: I don't know if I have the patience to drive 1200 miles anywhere...

As long as I'm planning on going to both Denver and SLC, I'll drive between 'em. You're welcome to carpool with me!

Thanks for the offer! I'll think about it. I'm not even sure what I'm doing yet.

The best advice I've gotten to stay awake for long drives is to chew on sunflower seeds. It's gross to spit them in a cup and have them sticking to your lips and in your teeth, shirt, etc., but Hey! You're by yourself anyway.
The action of doing that keeps you awake, but you can still focus on the road.

That and cranking up NIN and Ministry or what-have-you.

:lol: Never thought about sunflower seeds as something to keep me awake, but hey, if it works... because coffee runs right through me. Hertz might not approve though... :giggle:

:lol: Never thought about sunflower seeds as something to keep me awake, but hey, if it works... because coffee runs right through me. Hertz might not approve though... :giggle:

I didn't either, but it works because you stay alert by cracking the shells with your teeth and then sorting out the seed with your tongue--kind of simple exercise all while keeping your eyes on the road--some of the best advice I ever got from my former Home Ec. teacher.
(Extreme salt intake not being counted)

Coffee goes right through me, too, so it defeats the purpose with multiple bathroom breaks.

Going to Chicago...now that this is the NA opener, on a Saturday, and I've never been to Denver, I'm gonna try and make this one as well. I've got skymiles... flight will cost 5 bucks. I can get an airport hotel for 80 bucks and the $33 tickets are still available. That's gonna be hard to pass on. :applaud:

Going to Chicago...now that this is the NA opener, on a Saturday, and I've never been to Denver, I'm gonna try and make this one as well. I've got skymiles... flight will cost 5 bucks. I can get an airport hotel for 80 bucks and the $33 tickets are still available. That's gonna be hard to pass on. :applaud:

Sounds perfect.

I am really excited for this show. Leg openers always are fun. (Pun intended)

Denver no longer the opening show of the north american leg.That honnor goes to Mexico city for May 14th.

Yeah, now that puts me in a dilemma because I WOULD like to go to Mexico City. Problem is that JetBlue, where my credit is, doesn't go there, plus I want to do Argentina/Chile too. So, I will probably stay with Denver, but will mull it over.

it's still the first show in the US

USA! USA! USA!

:)

I noticed last week that Southwest is up through the beginning of June now...hopefully there's still a couple/few months before the price goes up.

try travelocity. they have frontier/midwest in their search engines.

might help/might not

i need to book my flight to denver here soon, it's $125 from tucson

Midwest will be more--Southwest and Frontier are the ones with the direct flights to Denver/they'd definitely be the cheapest.

Midwest will be more--Southwest and Frontier are the ones with the direct flights to Denver/they'd definitely be the cheapest.

MSP/DEN hasn't been as cheap as it used to since Sun Country stopped flying the route. SW has helped though.

I'll wait to book this until 2011.

Oh, Sun Country, what happened to you? It used to be the cheapest, then it became the same as NWA/Delta. I liked our scrappy little local airline nobody elsewhere had heard of. :/

Oh, Sun Country, what happened to you? It used to be the cheapest, then it became the same as NWA/Delta. I liked our scrappy little local airline nobody elsewhere had heard of. :/

I'm flying to Denver after Christmas to pick up my niece and nephews and have them here in MN for a week. I was surprised to that Sun Country wasn't flying there. I thought they at least would have seasonal flights (skiing) like they do to other vacation spots.

So, United (using miles) out there and SW back with the kids, and the reverse for home.

So I'm considering renting a car in Denver for the duration + SLC. Would anyone consider letting me crash in their room in exchange for driving you around? ;) Wouldn't mind doing airport runs or whatnot. (Also wouldn't mind splitting the room & car $ if that's what's preferred.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom