Manganui-o-te-Ao River, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man, JB's website couldn't be worse if it tried. But that's a pretty good price.

You up for poutine tomorrow, midday?

Well, looks like JB Hi-Fi have the UF remaster super fancy hyper mega deluxe special edition for $60 (haven't checked how much shipping is going to be yet), and incidentally the worst website design in history. :up:

for the best store in history their website is a shambles

cin:hug:!

Last edited:
I'd quote some godawful lyric in all caps, but ... I'm having a mental overload from the amount of choices. Not entirely sure how I sat through all of that.

I want Soulja Boy to guest on the next BrokeNCYDE album.

This was my 110,000th post, people. Not sure how I feel.

Probably not unfortunately, I have to do a heap of reading and edit some photos. :down:

Damn! You sure? Because if you're not coming in, I'll do it later to save stuffing around in the city for an hour between lunch and class.

sorry guys, but i'm bored and can't get over some of these people. these are from amazon.

3 stars
For the last week, I've had a copy of Brokencyde's "I'm Not a Fan...But the Kids Like It". In that time, I've had the chance to review it, digest it, comprehend, and all around search my own soul over the CD. Having never heard of this group, I had no idea what to expect. The cover seemed to reflect some sort of Neo-Hillbilly feel that somehow reminded me of Southern Culture on the Skids. So when I finally proberly ripped and stuck it on my iPhone for a gentle walk, I was amazed at what I found. My first impression would be towards the area of Hollywood Undead in the singing side. Or then something mixed with what I would hear slamming at a club downtown. But with screaming. Then some screaming set in. And then Daddy X of Kottonmouth Kings fame and E-40 popped up on the album.
The music experience is one of the most interesting musical hybrids I've heard in a while, and fits in with the "something different" we all seem to be looking to the underground music scene for. This album is like Twitter. It's the style of music you never knew you needed in your collection. While the press describes this album as "crunkcore" the first thing that came to my head was "club screamo". Nothing real intellectual. Sometimes not even intellegible. But it gets your head bobbing. And your parents will never understand it. Which seems to be the goal.
This is the sort of thing that I'm liking from this new Break the Silence imprint that seems to have emerged to give us new Unwritten Law and Eyes Set to Kill (that we'll hear about soon). But check this one out and dig it.

2 stars
Hot off the heels of BC13, I was more than excited to download the newest album from Brokencyde. Sadly I was disappointed. What I liked about BC13 so much was that, even though it was over the top and ridiculous, you had a sense that the Brokencyde knew that and to some extent even played off it. In this album, they take themselves WAY too seriously. It's basically very generic, extremely predictable music. After listening to the whole album, "Booty Call" is pretty much the only song I listen to any more, and even that's skirting the edge of decent music. The title may be true and perhaps I'm a bit old for this album, but considering how much I liked BC13, I'm pretty disappointed.

4 stars
These guys are clearly not trying to be the next Beatles or have deep social commentary in their songs. The whole point of this album is to have fun and get crunk and it succeeds on that level.
If you know anything about brokencyde you will know that people either love or hate them with a passion. But their music is an acquired taste that many have picked up.
Brokencyde is like alcohol. The first time you experience it you are repulsed, because it's unlike and thing you've ever experienced. But then after a few times it gets smoother and you start getting a taste for it. Then you realize Brokencyde is just like alcohol, you have a lot more fun when it's present.
This album is full of great party tracks with catchy hooks and beats. The juxtaposition of screaming and energetic beats is very addicting to say the least. This album shows what Brokencyde is capable of and brings a new level of professionalism to their style.

Personal favorite tracks on here are 40oz, Tipsy, Poppin and Booty Call

4 stars
Listen to it once, call it crap. Listen to it twice, call it crap but your head is bobbing with the beat. Listen to it three times, call it crap but your head is bobbing and your singing the main line of the chorus each time the hook drops. Then suddenly you realize you haven't listened to any cd but this one since it was released. Hmmm, I might actually like this crap. The lyrics are soooo intricate - no not true, but the layering of screamo with the "rapping" and the hot beat comes together in an oh so enjoyable fashion, but the thing is you can't hear it the first time. It takes a while for its goodness to wriggle into the pleasure center in your brain via your ears. Some don't have the open mind or perseverance to let this album get to that spot. BrokeNCYDE will never die!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a wide taste in good music and even when I wouldn't necessarily call this good lyrically or musically that complex, it scratches an itch I didn't know I had. I can't stop listening to this album and I can't wait to see them live at Warped Tour, so all you haterz can stay away if you want, but if you gave it a chance you might get addicted (even if it made you predisposed elitists sick to your stomachs for liking it). Also note: this album is best listened to at FULL VOLUME.

5 stars
brokeNCYDE (the band's apparent preferred spelling) has survived years of criticism and basked in the fans undying devotion. Finally in their first full length studio release "I'm Not A Fan But the Kids Like it", they prove they have what it takes to vindicate their fans' devotion; and there's even a nod to all those who have showed burning hatred and infinite contempt for the band, even the style of music in general- at the end of the last track on the album there is a rant by an individual who would seem to be the producer stating, "Crunk and Screamo? What the **** are people thinkin' out there?". On the music its self, tracks that long time fans will recognize; "freaxx" and "schitzo", among others, have been redone. while they remain familiar, the feel is more complex, and powerful. Also new tracks make their apperance on stage- among them are "scene girlz" and the popular single "booty call". brokenCYDE has dropped crunk beats, crazed screams, and angry growls in conjunction with each other creating a sound not quite matched. While the lyrics may deserve their label of explicit, they are not the worst thing out there. To all the haters, 'Kids' has shown brokeNCYDE will just keep on in the search of another party, a 40, and the ladies no matter what- and here is that declaration of it

sorry guys, but i'm bored and can't get over some of these people. these are from amazon.

:lmao:

Holy shit. I still can't get over the fact it was made, let alone that it has fans. At least on RYM, all the reviews are either condemnatory or sarcastic faux-praise.

Damn! You sure? Because if you're not coming in, I'll do it later to save stuffing around in the city for an hour between lunch and class.

Yeah, unfortunately I've let things get a little too far beyond what I probably should've in terms of assignment reading and photo editing. Besides, it'll be hot and annoying, and people in the city are far worse when it's hot and annoying. :lol:

Yeah, what the fuck is up with tomorrow's forecast? 28? No thanks! At least Wednesday will be 20, and we're back down into the teens by the weekend. Next Monday's currently forecast to be 16, haha.

So I just pre-ordered a UF remaster through JB. The price better not go down anytime soon (although it's hard to see how it would).

well i'm going to bed. before i do i just had a flick some of the stuff on youtube about brokencyde. and i have decided that's it's a joke. there's no way it's real.

and with that, good night :wave:

Haha, awesome. I'm just about to go get my hair cut, actually. Thrilling life I lead!

The hairdresser's just a block from me and he doesn't stuff around. He knows what I want by now - cut off the mop, make the short hair look half decent.

Yikes, that's early, have a good one! :wave:

You know, as bad as Brokencyde was, reviewing shit music can be fun ... we should give another terrible album a spin tomorrow. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom