Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Broadly I agree with your point Chass, but I definitely think it's fair to characterise the JT30 box set as a cashgrab. I don't even mean it that pejoratively, it's just that they put as little thought as possible into it and it provides a very easy revenue stream. Both the effort per dollar for the U2 corporate machine and the value per dollar for U2 fans are minimal.

Also, so Interference digs the U2 feature on Kendrick's album huh? Surprising. Don't really dig it myself; I don't hate it but I won't be listening again in a hurry. I'm not much interested in hip hop as you all know, and definitely not in Kendrick. His voice often grates, and this song just seems all over the place. Bono's vocal is pleasant enough, a kind of MDH vibe, but nothing that gets me particularly excited. Somebody described it as him channelling the Sinatra vibe again, and geez if there's one thing I don't want Bono to do it's channel Sinatra. Two Shots is fucking boring. Also, let's be honest, the lyric is just a twist on the "America's not a country, it's an idea" shit he spouted before Hands in 2015, and nobody really needed that.

I definitely think it's fair to characterise the JT30 box set as a cashgrab. I don't even mean it that pejoratively, it's just that they put as little thought as possible into it and it provides a very easy revenue stream. Both the effort per dollar for the U2 corporate machine and the value per dollar for U2 fans are minimal.
but it has glitter on the box or whatever the fuck they did with the cover

i mean damn

what am i thinking about? why i have to write so much for this commentary but i'm given no minimum or maximum and why i have to cite so many damn sources on top of the actual translation i did when i just want to translate shit since that's what i'm actually supposed to be doing

Back
Top Bottom