Manganui-o-te-Ao River, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what sucks the most about this album? I finally have to rank something below Green Day :sigh:

Ax great review I loved it :lol: My review kinda loses it I just go pissed off at them

I'm deleting them from my last.fm now I never listened

You know what sucks the most about this album? I finally have to rank something below Green Day :sigh:
Right.

And actually, Bonnie, I've had that same opinion about modern music for years. Ever since the first time I heard Fall Out Boy.

Right.

And actually, Bonnie, I've had that same opinion about modern music for years. Ever since the first time I heard Fall Out Boy.

Oh sorry, lol, that was nothing of offense in your direction. I've just not kept my dislike for that album a secret

I still think the 2000s is the best decade for music thus far. Lots of awesome stuff in recent years. But every decade needs its answer to The Shaggs, and Brokencyde have answered in style ... by which I mean, with the very least style possible.

Oh sorry, lol, that was nothing of offense in your direction. I've just not kept my dislike for that album a secret

21st Century Breakdown? Yeah, I was all excited for it when it came out, but on repeated listenings and after a lackluster live performance, I'm severely disappointed by it. I hope Billie gives up this idea of doing concept albums and rock operas. He's not Pete Townshend, you know? No matter how much he'd like to be.

That's okay, it's understandable when you're overexposed to so much modern garbage all the time, but it's been like this since pop first found its feet, with real schmucky wank getting the attention and decent bands getting pushed behind the limelight (often to gain larger followings after their peak), so, yeah, I thought this decade sucked a lot until I actually bothered listening to more stuff, and now I think it's not so bad after all, in fact there's probably about as much rich music being made now than there was in the 90's, we're just more nostalgic for that stuff now.

But yeah, it's not really one of life's essential things to listen to albums from this decade, so it's all good.

21st Century Breakdown? Yeah, I was all excited for it when it came out, but on repeated listenings and after a lackluster live performance, I'm severely disappointed by it. I hope Billie gives up this idea of doing concept albums and rock operas.

Plskthxbai. This is not what I loved about Green Day as a teenager.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I would like to announce that the first sip of Apple Cider for the 2009 Fall season (ok technically the second sip, I scalded my tongue on the first) has been taken! Let the season...BEGIN

Plskthxbai. This is not what I loved about Green Day as a teenager.

Exactly. What happened to writing songs for the hell of it? King For A Day, Hitchin A Ride, Warning, Longview, Brain Stew/Jaded. :sigh: He's edging on 40, this is probably the problem. He's started taking himself seriously.

Night, John! :wave:

ETA: I'm out, too. Have a good one, guys.

Have a good one, John. Hope you can recover from Brokencyde! :wave:

As for concept albums, I've been exposed to enough of them from prog rock that I really think nobody should make them.

Oh, and see you Reggo, too! :wave:

I'm going to leave Brokencyde on my last.fm, just to prove that I did it and that I survived to talk about it.

Oh, fucking SWEET, Agalloch have a live DVD coming out.

Didn't you hear the news, Bonnie? That's one of the bonus tracks from the UF remaster!

Didn't you hear the news, Bonnie? That's one of the bonus tracks from the UF remaster!

Is it? Is it really? It seems to have been replaced by Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come as far as the RAR file I have goes, anyway. I'm disgusted by such archiving incompetence. Jesus, man.

Exactly. What happened to writing songs for the hell of it? King For A Day, Hitchin A Ride, Warning, Longview, Brain Stew/Jaded. :sigh: He's edging on 40, this is probably the problem. He's started taking himself seriously.

Personally, I would much rather listen to American Idiot in full than any of their albums prior.

That said, 21st Century Breakdown is American Idiot without songs, restraint, or musical direction, so...yeah, it makes me long for the early 90s too, relatively speaking.

Back
Top Bottom