LP13 - Still Waiting - 1980 days since Bono announced Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicide is suspected...wow

Crikey, I hope we can avoid the usual smug and condescending comments about how "cowardly" suicide is from people who don't know any better. It is of course a tragedy, and why people choose to take their own lives in never simple.

As funny as he was, it was his dramatic roles I really loved. This is really sad.

Crikey, I hope we can avoid the usual smug and condescending comments about how "cowardly" suicide is from people who don't know any better. It is of course a tragedy, and why people choose to take their own lives in never simple.

As funny as he was, it was his dramatic roles I really loved. This is really sad.

Suicide and depression runs in my family (emidiete and relatives) I know all too well what a cruel bitch depression can be! I am so sad for Robin! The desperation you have to go through to take your life must be immense! :(

As someone who battles severe depression everyday a feel for him. The pain he must have been feeling to take such a drastic measure must have been immense. And severe depression doesn't discriminate... it doesn't care how much money is in your pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There is no album, only Zuul.

Bono+and+Robin+Williams.jpg

I hope he's in a happier place.

As someone who battles severe depression everyday a feel for him. The pain he must have been feeling to take such a drastic measure must have been immense. And severe depression doesn't discriminate... it doesn't care how much money is in your pocket.

So true.

Hope you're doing okay these days, btw.

When was the last time there was a credible "source" or accurate "insider" information regarding this record on here? Has there been even one? A single report that played out to be true?

Well, yeah. Hence the quote marks on "source." Just another avenue of speculating on that abandoned campaign. I thought they were pretty good on the rooftop of 30 Rock, but maybe some element of the band recoiled at the thought of that machine revving up again.

Just a different kind of maybe.

When I saw Across the Universe I remember hearing someone say "is that Robin Williams?" during the bono scenes.

Well, yeah. Hence the quote marks on "source." Just another avenue of speculating on that abandoned campaign. I thought they were pretty good on the rooftop of 30 Rock, but maybe some element of the band recoiled at the thought of that machine revving up again.

Yeah it was odd seeing Bono say "it's great to be back!"... only to disappear for the rest of the year.

They were just ok during that performance I thought. That style of campaign is just preaching to the converted. If they want another big album that brings mainstream success (which is a silly expectation IMO) then rolling out all these old school ideas isn't going to work. It'll sure sell concert tickets but that isn't their concern.

That episode was just so unfathomably odd. What exactly were they promoting? It wasn't a new album or tour, so just a passable pop tune? Global Fund for something or another? Themselves? And when the song didn't make so much as a mouse fart in the charts, they just packed up and disappeared like it never happened. Just fucking strange.

That episode was just so unfathomably odd. What exactly were they promoting? It wasn't a new album or tour, so just a passable pop tune? Global Fund for something or another? Themselves? And when the song didn't make so much as a mouse fart in the charts, they just packed up and disappeared like it never happened. Just fucking strange.

You summed up my thoughts exactly! I really think that them pulling the whole superbowl / tonight show thing and then not following up, was a huge misstep. And ODD is the perfect word. It just didn't make sense, and I think in the long run will make it all the more difficult to roll out the actual new single and album.

You summed up my thoughts exactly! I really think that them pulling the whole superbowl / tonight show thing and then not following up, was a huge misstep. And ODD is the perfect word. It just didn't make sense, and I think in the long run will make it all the more difficult to roll out the actual new single and album.

It certainly was a huge missed opportunity but 6 months have passed since then and the general public would have forgotten that whole Invisible/promo thing so rolling out the new album now won't be so strange.

This is great news if it is true. It's perfectly consistent with a fall release and a September single release.

Everyone including U2 know it was a misstep. It was planned well in advance and the album was to be following soon after and they got cold feet. Period.

This is great news if it is true. It's perfectly consistent with a fall release and a September single release.

Exactly. Invisible video was shot what, 2 weeks before the song came out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom