LP13: New Improved and now Fisher-free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you're right. Cause Jay-Z packs a little more punch than U2 at the moment.

I guess it just gives me pause since they gave away Invisible for free to 3 million people. And it didn't break the top 15 on iTunes download chart, or make any noticeable showing on the hot100.

I trust they would still sell a decent amount, and you may be right that the buzz would hopefully counter the fact of putting out that many albums out there.

I think the smartest thing they could do would be to put it on the phone preloaded, but make it so you can only stream it and you can't skip songs, and obviously you can't burn it to any other media.
This might just then make a person with a new iphone still buy a regular version cause they like it but they want the flexibility of a regular download.

I think it makes the most sense to pre-load a single, or a mini-EP of the soon to be released album, rather than the whole thing.

Ok, I'm probably the biggest proponent of a U2/Apple partnership. But I just don't see how this makes any sense.
Unless they are saying it comes preloaded and is only "active" for a limited time, or maybe you get some sort of discount to download the album if you buy the phone...
I just can't imagine that U2 giving away 6 million copies of their album makes any kind of sense. The album wouldn't hardly chart cause half the people that would have bought it would already have it on their new iphone.

I'm not a marketing genius. Can anyone else think of a scenario where they could preload the album and still somehow get "sales" to put them on Billboard?
Giving away six million albums doesn't make your album go 6X's platinum. It makes it go - 0.

They must have a monetary "percentage" for the album on every iPhone unit sold. Does this kind of strategy count for the RIAA ? I doubt it, if it does, this is a major homerun :hmm:

After all this time waiting and getting nothing, being (supposedly) this close feels a little bit surreal.

I think I'm gonna miss these "new albuns thread" with everyone losing their minds because the new album was delayed. :hug:

After all this time waiting and getting nothing, being (supposedly) this close feels a little bit surreal.

I think I'm gonna miss these "new albuns thread" with everyone losing their minds because the new album was delayed. :hug:

by the time we get solid confirmed info, i'll bet we have at least 1 more new thread as this one maxes out.

If U2 were releasing a single/album next Tuesday, we'd know about it.

I mean something would of leaked by now...

Yeah, this place will melt down if nothing is announced next Tuesday...

Which it shouldn't. This rumor has a bit of traction now, but it's still a long shot, and if Tuesday passes without an announcement, it really doesn't have any actual impact on whether or not U2 is releasing an album this fall or not.

Which it shouldn't. This rumor has a bit of traction now, but it's still a long shot, and if Tuesday passes without an announcement, it really doesn't have any actual impact on whether or not U2 is releasing an album this fall or not.

I agree - but are you accusing logic and common sense of getting in the way of a good ol' fashioned interference hootenanny?

As much as I think both apple and u2 will take a little heat for repeating the past, at this point I just want this shit to be over with. So hopefully this guy's right.

At least they didn't end up doing it for No Line/ Get on your Boots. Probably would've been killed for doing it for consecutive albums and all the promotion in the world wasn't going to make Boots a hit.

Both corporations are entering a phase of uncertainty, where dominance is no longer assured, and the kids are starting to look upon them as old and out of touch.

So this could be disastrous for both if done incorrectly... Especially on U2's side. If it seems forced, like they're desperate for relevance, they'll get killed, and apple will take the collateral damage. There will be a lot of "Jobs would never repeat himself" quotes in the press.

If done correctly, obviously, it'll be great for both. But they better hit it right on this one.

So I had a dream that U2 just kicked off a promo gig with a virtually unchanged rendition of "Glastonbury." When the crowd didn't react well (and people on here started jumping off the cliff anticipating North Star and new mercy for the album) the band looked shaken. Afterwards Bono admitted "a couple weeks ago" there were feelings in the band that there "weren't enough hits." The failed promo gig gave them severe pause and they were considering putting everything on hold for awhile so they could "find the perfect pop song."

:(

That dream sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
:hug:

What time is this Apple event happening? So that I may set my alarm for the celebrations/meltdowns...

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Late teens,early 20's adults have pretty much mad up their mind about what U2 represent in 2014.They ain't gonna turn out to be "Hip" or "Cool" even with the help of Apple.

Back
Top Bottom