LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
god that man is good looking.
:combust:
you look fabulous together, lol. as if you'd caption it 'me and hubby on holidays last year' or something!
:madwife:

not that i am envious. not at all.
:shifty:

Excellent episode tonight. When they were al driving around in the car, it gave me one of the best "feel good" moments of the entire series so far.

Next week's episode looks even better though. I've been dying to see more of the eye-patch guy, and it looks like Locke's finally getting back into the mainstream again.

Yes great episode, I really missed the interaction between the cast and looking from the last scene looks like they are finally learning to communicate (well the writers anyway)

looks like next episode we are in for a load of answers or more questions

Great Episode tonight.

Some of Sawyers quips tonight were great.
"Snuffy"
"Jumbotron"
"Skeletor"
and his Little House On The Prairie reference

Ha ha ha

Why is everyone calling this a great episode?
It was just fluff and filler till the last 2 minutes when Kate encountered Rousseau.

From the standpoint of thinking we'd learn a few new things, I agree - this episode didn't deliver at all, and I was a bit disappointed with that (especially since the promos had indicated as much).

I will say that the humor throughout was a nice change of pace and therefore made the episode decent.

Even though that episode didn't reveal a whole lot in terms of answers, I really loved it. The humour really hit the spot for me last night. Plus, it was just nice to have a Hurley backstory again...and to finally see a little more Sayid.:drool:

Last nights episode was excellent. The curse was all in Hurleys mind and all the bad things that happened were the destiney of those people or that day?

I loved the Mr. Cluck getting hit by the asteroid/meteor?? What's the difference.:lol:

Shaliz said:
Even though that episode didn't reveal a whole lot in terms of answers, I really loved it. The humour really hit the spot for me last night. Plus, it was just nice to have a Hurley backstory again...and to finally see a little more Sayid.:drool:

I agree completely. :up:

My question is: is there any relevance to the reporter at Mr. Cluck being Tricia Tanaka and the reporter on Family Guy being Tricia Takanawa?

Perhaps Stewie is responsible for the plane crash with one of his inventions aimed at eliminating Lois.

Perhaps the secret that was divulged last night was that Hurley is not cursed. Thus he isn't responsible for the plane crash and the numbers aren't cursed.:shrug:

Was there any big scene with people asking where's Jack? He was the leader and doctor of the tribe, it didn't seem like anyone gave a crap, not that I do either.:wink:

Jack and Desmond are the only reasons , why i'm still watching the freakin thing , more and more it feels like a survivor show ,

they should insert cheech and chong videos , next time

that was such a fun episode... :heart: Hurley!! DUDE... Loved the music they played when Hurley got the van started.. Funny that they had Cheech Marin as his dad..

Last night's episode was amazing. It had lots of my favourite things. It had Sawyer's great references, Jin's adorable lack of English, Hurley-Charlie interaction. More importantly, it lacked a lot of my least favourite things, most importantly: Jack's whining. Ugh. If he decided to marry Juliet and go to Portland or wherever with her, I would not care. I'm just so sick of his character. I'm also sick of Kate, but not as sick of her. The one thing that would have made the episode even better for me would have been more Sayid and Locke, but it looks like we're going to get that next week. I also would've liked more Desmond, but we had a lot of him a couple of weeks ago, so I'm okay.

You know, I've been watching this show since the very beginning, and lately the writers seem to be having trouble balancing humour and entertainment with mystery and suspense. I'm fine with the mystery and suspense, the show would be nowhere without it, but it gets old really fast if you don't have the humour-entertainment factor. Last night's episode was a welcome breath of fresh air.

And maybe Hurley's not cursed any more because he's on the island, and no longer in possession of the accursed money. Maybe that's why he was meant to be on that island, to get uncursed.

This episode is not a filler episode in my opinion. I loved getting into more depth of Hurley's character. The way he reacted to the money, the absence and reappearance of his father in his life, their inability to communicate and connect, Hurley's flawed decision making. Brilliant.

Hurley does need to be explored more in depth I agree, I think his connection with the numbers is something the writers shouldn't just drop....like with alot of other stuff. I do think this episode could have used alittle more in it though....plus in my area LOST is on at 10pm now!!!! grrrrrrr, I hate that! I cannot stay up and end up watching it online:angry:

I thought it was a very weak episode

and the L A times agrees

'Lost' spins its wheels
Thursday, Mar. 1

After a promising rebound episode revealing Juliet’s pitiable past, “Lost” returned to its lazy ways and this week offered up the kind of one-hour filler that has become all too common for the series this season.

In Wednesday’s episode, we get only a little more back story for affable human teddy bear Hurley, whom the writers consider the show’s primary source of comic relief. After a run of episodes at the heavy-on-torture Camp Others, a lighthearted Hurley-centric hour may have seemed appealing. But there’s a big difference between light and pointless, and this veered toward the latter.

On hold were the plots involving the island, the Others and their presumed-dead kidnap victims (briefly revealed to be alive last week). More confounding — almost as much as last week’s episode involving Jack’s past romp through Thailand — was the lack of any new relevant information about Hurley ... except the startling fact that his father is Cheech Marin (in a guest role).

Hurley was abandoned by his father as a young child, the effects of which are made thuddingly clear in the flashback. Dad handed a young Hurley a candy bar right before deserting his family for the next 17 years. Flash forward: Hurley has plumped up quite a bit. Thanks a lot, Dad!

Hurley’s big realization? He needs hope, a mantra his father repeated twice in the flashback. Apparently, an upbeat attitude is what will really help him endure this island of mysterious Others and the cloud of bad luck that seems to hover over him and those pesky numbers.

But has Hurley ever been anything but upbeat? He may think he’s cursed by unlucky lotto numbers, and lost his almost-girlfriend Libby last season, but Hurley is also everyone’s best friend on the island. He even built a golf course to take the castaways’ minds off figuring out what the heck that Dharma initiative is, where those jungle polar bears came from, or even how to get off the island.

This week Hurley’s positive energy brought a dead VW van engine back to life, which may or may not come into play later on. With the mounting number of mysteries, it hardly matters. The writers’ inability to evolve his character, or anyone else’s, is the real mystery. There are already many pressing ongoing stories that Hurley could have benefited from becoming a part of.

With just the slightest hint of something more exciting to come — Kate luring Rousseau into a rescue mission for Jack by mentioning her stolen daughter — the episode perhaps then is the perfect illustration of this season’s failure to simultaneously move the island’s stories along while advancing characters whose names aren’t Jack, Sawyer or Kate. There’s no telling if “Lost” can recover from the ratings tumble it’s taken this season, but it might help the show to reserve its flashbacks for points worth making and characters with secrets worth revealing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom