LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a fun Lewis Carroll reference with the looking glass station's logo being a white rabbit.

LG3-1.jpg

It's possibly a way in and out.

A rabbit hole into an alternate world.

I just read that the girl that Charlie "saves" in the alley in one of his flashbacks was Sayeed's "Nadia"....did anyone else catch that? She looked familiar to me, but I did not realize it was her

Yes it was Nadia...I didn't pick up on it at the time.

And where was Desmond in that scene?
In his flashback episode, he encounters Charlie when Charlie is singing Wonder Wall...but he's not in Charlie's flashback...so something weird is going on with Desmond and the premonitions etc.

Hewson said:
In his flashback episode, he encounters Charlie when Charlie is singing Wonder Wall...but he's not in Charlie's flashback...so something weird is going on with Desmond and the premonitions etc.
He was in London. I assumed Manchester at first (because he's from there), but the big sign for the Underground gave it away as London.

And I think that Charlie has stood on streetcorners playing Wonderwall on more than one occasion :wink:

Hewson said:
Yes it was Nadia...I didn't pick up on it at the time.

I thought the same thing.. I was looking for Desmond in that scene....it did start raining....it seemed like the same incident to me...only Desmond wasn't there:huh:

Juliet is a funny one. She acted on Jack's side even before she really got to know him, such as playing him the video but holding up the cards which were supposedly to get him to trust her. She is clearly repulsed by Ben because of how he had been manipulating her with her sister, but she was having a grand old time with that dude she was sleeping with, whatshisname, so you have to wonder; who is she really loyal to? I am guessing none of them. However, she has been embroiled in so many tricks and double crosses, I'd be surprised if her game plan isn't or hasn't evolved at least once. For someone who came from such a dull and spineless existance before hand, she is sure as shit on her double-crossing toes now.

I'm so glad someone commented on her stupid doe-eyed expression in this thread earlier. I'm glad it's not just me who finds her painful. But so is Jack, in my view. And kate.

Angela Harlem said:
Juliet is a funny one. She acted on Jack's side even before she really got to know him, such as playing him the video but holding up the cards which were supposedly to get him to trust her. She is clearly repulsed by Ben because of how he had been manipulating her with her sister, but she was having a grand old time with that dude she was sleeping with, whatshisname, so you have to wonder; who is she really loyal to? I am guessing none of them. However, she has been embroiled in so many tricks and double crosses, I'd be surprised if her game plan isn't or hasn't evolved at least once. For someone who came from such a dull and spineless existance before hand, she is sure as shit on her double-crossing toes now.

This is a good point. She might be double-crossing both Ben AND Jack, for all we know, and just thinking for herself.

Angela Harlem said:
I'm glad it's not just me who finds her painful. But so is Jack, in my view. And kate.

I'm with you. I can't stand Juliet at all. I can't stand the actress, the character, the fact that she's all over the show now... she really brought down Jack in my opinion. I never cared for Kate, but I did like Jack. Now they are all :slant:

phanan said:

This is a good point. She might be double-crossing both Ben AND Jack, for all we know, and just thinking for herself.

It's hard to know what the writers are wanting us to think because it's presented as this or that, but are you getting the feeling there is something else going on? She's hinted a few times (bare in mind I'm one or 2 episodes behind you guys - I bittorent them in 4 week batches lol) that she knows an awful lot. We're left wondering 'does Jack know a lot more, too?' Also, a mere, what, 60? 90? days prior, she was happy shagging Goodwin and seemed genuinely into something - is she out for revenge? I've been wondering what really led up to this point over the past 3 years. Her and Ben had not seen eye to eye, but apart from that with her sister, was she happy with everything? Goodwin is never mentioned by her or the Others in relation to her. Seems funny if the guy you were with/in love with was killed by the Losties that everyone has just moved on as Juliet seemingly has. So either she was playing some game there with Goodwin (but why? Makes no sense), and is a possible serial game player with people, or she is on some steely revenge trip.

Wow, that is poorly written, sorry!!
And yeah, Plathe, I agree with her bring Jack down. He's turned into some weak-kneed peon in her presence. His ego and attitude do not fit, and Sayid is never wrong. Sayid ( :drool: )doesn't trust her, so therefore I don't. I think he's a bit pissed with Jack, too.
:hmm:

The last episode I've seen was Sun having her ultrasound. Or maybe there was one more after. Apologies if I am out of date. :wink:

Angela Harlem said:

and Sayid is never wrong. Sayid ( :drool: )doesn't trust her, so therefore I don't. I think he's a bit pissed with Jack, too.
:hmm:

This is why I can't trust Juliet. Sayid nailed Ben's lying when they captured him, Ben is as slimy as a snake, if Sayid can tell he's lying, Juliet would be an easy read for him.

I am just sort of soured on Jack and Kate. Am I alone?
I always liked Jack, hell I really liked Matthew Fox even on Party of Five, but good God that character has become annoying.

Fitting he is hangin' out with Juliet. She is unbearable.

Kate, little flousy, she's a one trick pony, the character and even Evangeline's acting itself.

This show is made my some of the best characters on network television in my lifetime. Desmond, Locke, Hurley, Sayid, even Linus is a good character. I'd even have to say ol' pretty boy Sawyer isn't much of an actor, but I like him and the character.

Here is my prediction for the finale, I don't read spoilers and I never will, so I'm sure I'll look silly as shit :

Locke is going to kill Ben Linus.
Season 4 will see Locke take over as the leader of the Others.
There is supposedly 4 characters going to die? at least that's what I keep reading here and there, Charlie would be the next, unless Desmond sacrifices himself for Charlie.
So I'll say Charlie because I think that dude Dominic wants to do more movies. So that's 2.

Then they'll cook up the Sawyer/Kate/Jack love triangle next year, so Juliet must be disposed of. So that's three.

the 4th? I think they were counting Locke's dad or someone else that was sort of incosequential.

Who would you rather see live, Desmond or Locke?
My two favorite characters. I think Locke is supposed to be the messiah/saviour for the whole group, somehow. I think Desmond is destined to be a sacrifice of sorts, to prove his courage. I hope I am wrong.

Desmond and Locke are my two favorite characters as well. Ben and Jack are 3 and 4.

As for your question, I'd rather see Locke survive over Desmond. Locke just seems more important to the story right now.

bump for tonight's finale-

random question- in light of Desmond's premonitions regarding Claire, Aaron and Charlie, has anyone had any new thoughts about the significance of that psychic who told Claire she must raise her baby- I was just watching that episode a day or two ago and realized I had forgotten that subplot-

That's actually one of my biggest lingering questions. I seriously think about that every time Claire is on screen. I WANT TO KNOW!!! :crazy:

here's something new...

Play "Lost" -- Get Jack Off (The Island)
Posted May 23rd 2007 1:38PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: TV, Z-Gadgets, Lost

It's gonna be a long lost summer for "Lost" fans after tonight's season finale. Message boards will be abuzz with the latest wacky theories, TMZ's resident "Lost" expert, Daniel, will return to his summer job at In-N-Out. How will we pass the time?

Fortunately, Apple and Gameloft have just released the official "Lost" game for the iPod. The storyline was created by the "Lost" writers, and you can play as Jack, Kate, Locke and Sayid. Sorry Daniel, no Charlie. Explore the island and its many challenges from the palm of your hand.

The "Lost" game is only available on the fifth generation iPod. Watch for Daniel's "Lost Diary" tomorrow, before he heads back to working the grill!

SPOILER sortof

Ok, if the ending is actually what the next season is going to be about, then that was a brilliant ending.

The island becomes the flashback scenes. Totally innovative. This is why I stayed on and continued to watch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom