LOST: Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...

has tonight's episode started yet in the east coast? i still have over 2 hours until it starts, but i don't even know if i can watch it tonight...will have to watch the recording of it tomorrow... waiting for tomorrow will be pure agony...uh oh, i hope i don't start revolving my life around when i can watch lost :|

we learned tonight
the monster is Government Experiment gone wrong, wow.

------------------------------------------------

spoiler

Isn't Locke a great hostage? So forthcoming with information, great bedside manner.:wink:

So are the people who grabbed Michael, Sawyer and Jin the Others or other airplane survivors who think that Michael and friends are the Others?

What is the countdown timer for 108 minutes until what? The numbers come up again.

What sickness is Desmond worried about?

Is he in a nuke shelter or plague shelter?

Last edited:
Gah! I spent the entire episode wondering what had happened to poor Jin. Now we know. :(

It's hard to understand Desmond's accent sometimes...did he really ask Locke, "What does one snowman say to another?" Was that the secret question? Anyone get that? :confused:

ok

real spoilers

ÿØÿàöZ(2÷Ë ™G-Ýó^‹äÉdâê %Š4;„±© *AÉ?Zä<( |LñQAþªÎ †{¤H¥vòi÷Z…¼öV¯q4öÒ„H †ÃžO
öZ(2÷Ë ™G-4 8 15 16 23 42Ýó^‹ävÉdâê %Š4;„±© *AÉ?Zä<( |LñQAþªÎ †{¤H¥vòi÷Z…¼öV¯q4öÒ„H †ÃžO

öZ(2÷Ë ™G-Ýó^‹äÉdâê %Š4;„±© *AÉ4 8 15 16 23 42?Zä<( |LñQAþªÎ † äÉdâê %Š4;„±© *AÉ?Zä<( |LñQAþªÎ †{¤H¥vòiöZ(2÷Ë ™{¤H¥vòi÷Z…¼öV¯qöZ(2÷Ë ™G-Ýó^‹äÉdâê %Š4;„±© *AÉ?Zä<( |LñQAþªÎ †{¤H¥vòi÷Z…¼öV¯q4öÒ„H †ÃžO4öÒ„H †ÃžO

öZ(2÷Ë ™G-Ýó^‹ G-Ýó^‹äÉdâê %Š äÉdâê %Š4;„±© *AÉ?Zä<( |LñQAþªÎ †{¤H¥vòiöZ(2÷Ë ™4;„±© *AÉ?Zä<( |LñQAþªÎ †{¤H¥vòi÷Z…¼öV¯q4öÒ„H †ÃžO÷Z…¼öV¯q4öÒ„H †ÃžO

öZ(2÷Ë ™uf4 8 15 16 23 42okeruG-Ýó^‹äÉdâê %Š4;„±© *AÉ?Zä<( |LñQAþªÎ †{¤H¥vòi÷Z…¼öV¯q4öÒ„H †ÃžO

Stupid episode!

Arrgghhh. It just made me mad! All I cared about seeing is what happened after Jack came to the realization that he met Desmond before. The whole episode didn't go anywhere but just filled in a few blanks. Anyone else get the sense that they are dragging this on?

It's almost become like The Two Towers movie with 3 separate storylines occuring at the same time, the hatch people, the boat people and the island people. Great way to lengthen episodic storylines but I agree they could lose viewers if they fail to keep our interest.

I still enjoyed the show though.

boosterjuice said:
The whole episode didn't go anywhere but just filled in a few blanks. Anyone else get the sense that they are dragging this on?
i have to agree with this. we're almost exactly where we started after the end of last week's episode. all we know now is that kate was able to free herself, grab a couple of chocolate bars and hide in the vent; locke knows desmond's name; and while michael and sawyer were switching rafts, jin ended up with 'the others' on the other side of the island.

i think the 'others' that we saw in this episode are the other survivors of the crash and not the 'others' that took walt.

i also agree with you trevster, that maintaining 3 storylines in one episode slows down the show. they should just stick with one, or at most 2, and move it forward a bit. then move to the other storyline in the next episode. and keep the flashbacks, of course. i still like those. :up:

Actually I checked out a Lost fansite and there was tons of subtle information regarding the show. The countdown clock Locke reset, the symbol on the shark stalking Michael and Sawyer, the Dharma symbol Locke examines on the wall which has a swan symbol and markings similar to this,

bagua-map.jpg

hatchLogo.jpg

Last edited:
i was wondering about that symbol too. it was also all over the food packages in the room that kate was locked in.

i hope this doesn't all lead back to sd-6.

boosterjuice said:
Stupid episode!

Arrgghhh. It just made me mad! All I cared about seeing is what happened after Jack came to the realization that he met Desmond before. The whole episode didn't go anywhere but just filled in a few blanks. Anyone else get the sense that they are dragging this on?

I was a little annoyed with the "two guys arguing on a raft" plot.

"It's your fault!"

"No, it's you fault!"

"It's the flare's fault!"

:yawn:

lmjhitman said:
i was wondering about that symbol too. it was also all over the food packages in the room that kate was locked in.

i hope this doesn't all lead back to sd-6.

LMAO

Maybe it has something to do with Rambaldi.

My only concern with Lost is that it will take the same path as Alias. Alias was amazing for the first 2 seasons. It then got stretched out and abandoned the central plot. With Lost having the same director/writers/producers, my fear is that it will also happen to Lost. I don't know if I can trust the writers.

kellyahern said:

I was a little annoyed with the "two guys arguing on a raft" plot.

"It's your fault!"

"No, it's you fault!"

"It's the flare's fault!"

:yawn:

Yeah, but you gotta admit it gave Sawyer a priceless line. "What are you gonna do, splash me?" I cracked up over that one. :D

U2democrat said:
Can someone sum up what happened? The important parts?

You didn't really miss anything.

AFter the raft is destroyed, Michael and Sawyer drift back to the Island to find Jin running toward them in a very scared state. Jin has been tied and has escaped from a group of people who are chasing him. The show ends with the group of people (possibly the "others") trying to apprehend Jin.

We also get to see the backstory of what happened to Kate in the hatch. Both Kate and Locke are held at gunpoint by Desmond. Locke convinces Desmond that Kate is the one who needs be tied up as she is a fugutive. Locke ties up Kate and slips her a pocket knife. Desmond puts Kate into a food pantry. Kate escapes and travels throught the vent shafts in the hatch and watches as JAck enters the hatch and is also held at Gunpoint by Desmond. We again see that Jack finally realizes that he's met Desmond before. Of course, the show doesn't go any further than that.

There was also a preveiw for next weeks episode where Mike,Sawyer and Jin where being thrown into a pit with Jack's gal pal from the airport bar(Michelle Rodriquez)!!! Why!!!! Do they have lil Walt?:hmm: :scream:

i thought it was kinda funny that during Michael's flashback scene, towards the end, Michael gives Walt a little white polar teddy bear. hehe. significant detail? i don't know. sometimes i try too hard looking for details like that i don't know if they are even significant at all or if the show's just trying to tease the viewers.

but i'm curious how jin got back on the island...he just disappeared for a while.

here's a picture of the shark and the symbol on the upper left:

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/lostShark.jpg

xtihn said:
i thought it was kinda funny that during Michael's flashback scene, towards the end, Michael gives Walt a little white polar teddy bear. hehe. significant detail? i don't know. sometimes i try too hard looking for details like that i don't know if they are even significant at all or if the show's just trying to tease the viewers.

I noticed that too, and came up with this idea, it's not very valid, but o well.

Walt liked polar bears and always wanted to see one I guess, or it relates to his father. And Locke had always wanted to walk, and when he got to the island, he miraculously could...

I dunno, seems important to me

U2democrat said:
Thanks for the info y'all...you're right doesn't look like I missed too much. Maybe next week will be a biggie.

I hope so, I am tierd of all the teasing!!! Or do I enjoy it :hmm: :shh:

Dalton said:
So, I watched the season premier of Alias last night and one thing kept running through my mind....

Please J.J. do NOT screw up Lost!!!!!

Boy howdy does that show suck now.

:|

I'm so mad :mad: about Alias. They introduce this big ol' storyline that could be great and then race through all the explanation and wreck the ending. :banghead: :rant:

I was a bit irritated at the last episode as well. We're essentially at the same point now that we were at the end of the first one. A waste. If they do this more, people will stop trying to follow it.

yeah, but it keeps the mystery...besides, we see what happened in the interim....

I read an article where they interviewed JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof and they mentioned how much negative response they had received from the season finale (by the fans). I think the fans literally expected them to go inside the hatch and discover what was in there during the season finale. This is why Lost fans make me sick. Relax. They're NOT giving anything away--part of what makes Lost so charming is the mysteries. They can't spoil it or you'd have no show, no leg to stand on. Let the producers/writers do their thing. They'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom