LOST, Season 2 - Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also said in this article that the season finale is being filmed this week

"Lost" star Michelle Rodriguez has surrendered to authorities to begin a five-day jail sentence for drunken driving.

Rodriguez, who portrays police officer Ana Lucia, opted for jail time and a $500 fine rather than 240 hours of community service.

"I kind of have to get back to my life, go back to making some money," Rodriguez said outside the courtroom after pleading guilty to driving under the influence. "It kind of gave me a hard hit. ... I'm human."

The 27-year-old Rodriguez and cast member Cynthia Watros were both charged with drunken driving after they were pulled over Dec. 1 in separate cars within 15 minutes of each other.

On Tuesday, the judge gave Rodriguez the option of jail time or community service. Carrying three books and dressed casually in a tank top and sweats, she surrendered to authorities at the Kaneohe District Court later in the day.

Choosing jail over community service was a "personal choice," said her attorney, Steve Barta.

"I would suspect that because she has a hard time even going out for a meal without being intruded upon for an autograph or photograph, it's really difficult for her to do community service," he said.

Maybe it all adds up online
The "Lost Experience" develops a related story on the Internet. The clues are everywhere.
By Maria Elena Fernandez
Times Staff Writer

April 28, 2006

Get ready to get more "Lost" than ever.

Beginning Wednesday, when the popular mystery drama returns to the ABC schedule with original episodes for the entire month, fans will have new and, of course, mysterious ways to get clued into a new "Lost" world that begins on the Internet but also will take advantage of "other platforms that are out there in the real world," according to ABC executives.

The show's executive producers, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, have created the "Lost Experience," so assume it will be complex and addicting. But what is it exactly, and are those "other platforms" perhaps those gadgets we call cellphones and iPods?

"I'd have to kill you if I told you," joked Steve McPherson, ABC's president of prime-time entertainment. "It's an all-encompassing experience for the extremely dedicated fan who wants to extend their experience with the show beyond the weekly viewing. It's Internet, it's mythology, it's puzzle-solving and it's games. It's groundbreaking in that sense that it's never been done before, but it's hard to put it into a single sentence to describe it."

This much has been gleaned: The "Lost Experience" is a story that is related to but separate from the television series, includes the same characters, expands familiar plots and will have run its course by the beginning of next season. To enjoy the experience, you do not have to be a dedicated "Lost" viewer, and fans who do not participate on the Internet will not be at a loss when watching the show.

"You might think of it as 'Harry Potter,' " said Mike Benson, ABC's senior vice president of marketing. "You don't necessarily have to see the first one to enjoy the second one. The great thing that Carlton and Damon have done in writing this story line is that it reaches back into season one, looks at the current season and goes forward into the future."

To find the new adventure, you must watch the show's entire May 3 episode. TiVo and DVR-users be warned: There are clues in the commercials as well.

"It's TiVo-proof," Benson said. "We will surprise the audience with where and how things are placed as far as clues and content and information. The whole experience is designed to dig deep and find lots of interesting stuff."

So who else thinks Michael has been converted and will betray the group?:hyper:

trevster2k said:
So who else thinks Michael has been converted and will betray the group?:hyper:

I do. I think he probably made a deal to betray the group in order to get his son back.

Ana and Sawyer :huh:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Sawyer's so stupid :banghead:

I knew he would fall for it. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Anyone else think there are two different groups of the others ?

Just saw the ending. :huh: :|

Last edited:
This just goes to show, if you're an actor on LOST, do not get arrested for drunk driving :yikes:.

kellyahern said:
My theories:

b) Henry is going to kill Ana Lucia, because the producers are tired of the actress causing problems (rumor of course :wink: ).

so I was half right :shifty:

I think Michael has a deal with the others to get Walt back if he frees Henry (maybe). Michael shoots himself to make it look like Henry got the gun away from them, killed Ana and Libby, shot Michael, and escaped

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
This just goes to show, if you're an actor on LOST, do not get arrested for drunk driving :yikes:.

And just when her character was getting interesting. I think they should have just replaced her instead of killing her off.

They better not get rid of Eko and Locke.

kellyahern said:

so I was half right :shifty:

I think Michael has a deal with the others to get Walt back if he frees Henry (maybe). Michael shoots himself to make it look like Henry got the gun away from them, killed Ana and Libby, shot Michael, and escaped

I think they got drunk because they new they had just completed their time on the show. I seriously doubt the producers would change the entire plot of the show just because of what they did off the set.

Maoilbheannacht said:

I think they got drunk because they new they had just completed their time on the show. I seriously doubt the producers would change the entire plot of the show just because of what they did off the set.

I believe they did. I guess Ana-Lucia was a diva on set and not easy to work with. The DUI was just one more thing.

WildHoneyAlways said:

I believe they did. I guess Ana-Lucia was a diva on set and not easy to work with. The DUI was just one more thing.

Do you have any evidence of when tonights scene was filmed relative to the DUI incident? This is a major TV show with millions of dollars involved. Just think of all the freaks in Hollywood that producers and directors deal with every day. I seriously doubt they would change the show like this just because of what two people did.

By the way, Anna Lucia and Libby I thought were two of the most interesting characters. Its a bit disappointing that their gone now and that Michael has been brainwashed or whatever. It was interesting to see the interplay between these all these characters but three people have been ripped from that tonight. I guess their taking a page of 24's book for drama.

In this week's TV guide, it has the following passage:

"It is late April, and Lost's cast is in the midst of shooting the supersecret final episodes of its second season."

Later in the article, it specifically says "four episodes", and these are the final four, starting with tonight's.

So yes, they were definitely shot after the DUI incidents over the winter.

Maoilbheannacht said:

Do you have any evidence of when tonights scene was filmed relative to the DUI incident? This is a major TV show with millions of dollars involved. Just think of all the freaks in Hollywood that producers and directors deal with every day. I seriously doubt they would change the show like this just because of what two people did.

Sexy Rodriguez told to get Lost: report
Thursday Feb 2 14:00 AEDT
Michelle Rodriguez (Photo: AAP)

Lost star Michelle Rodriguez is getting killed off in the series because she is such a nightmare to work with, according to reports in the US.

The sexy 27-year-old actress is a hit as Ana-Lucia Cortez onscreen but insiders say her diva-like behaviour is sending everyone around the bend.

They are also angry after she brought scandal after getting arrested for allegedly drink driving close to the set in Hawaii.

Now insiders say Lost bosses are desperate to kill her off from the top show.

"The producers are fed up with the fact that she barely shows up on the set and is always in a bad mood," Us Weekly quoted an "insider" as saying.

"They said she was getting killed off as soon as they could write it in."

Rodriguez's spokesperson would not discuss the star's fate in the show, but insisted the actress was dedicated to the job.

"Michelle is very proud of her work," the spokesperson said.

Rodriguez is next due in court next month on her drink-driving charge.

Splash News/ Snapper Media

Last edited:
phanan said:
In this week's TV guide, it has the following passage:

"It is late April, and Lost's cast is in the midst of shooting the supersecret final episodes of its second season."

Later in the article, it specifically says "four episodes", and these are the final four, starting with tonight's.

So yes, they were definitely shot after the DUI incidents over the winter.

Wow, your right. The DUI incendent occured December 1, 2005! But I guess the court date only occured a few weeks ago. I still kind of doubt that they decided to get rid of them because of the DUI incendent, but it is strange that both of them get killed off on the same night right before the end of the season.

Maoilbheannacht said:

Your link does not work, but I found the info at another place. I would hope they would not have changed the plot because of the DUI incendent. Still, its a bit strange to see both of them being killed off at the end of the season within seconds of each other.

oops! I edited my post and posted the story. :wink:

When Michael shot Ana Lucia (at least she got laid before dying, Libby didn't get any Hurley loving), I just said "didn't see that coming".

The show just ratcheted things up several notches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom