Let's Wager Some Money / First single release speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will gladly welcome a January 9th rumor to resurface, even if its from Uzbekistan.

Will I don't speak the language there so if they do leak it and the DJ's talk all over it then it'll seem more like sound effects than language for me.....therefore not affecting the song too much for me.

on a related note, the once reliable u2eastlink site has just gotten rediculous. now they have someone claiming to be Bono over there, and another saying that they're hearing rumors that the tour won't happen until 2010 because there's some hidden message within the album title.

consider that site "unbookmarked". :wink::angry:

This just in......

According to this site: u2bullshit.com, Barbara Streisand is singing backing vocals on "Magnificent" and the first single will be released on January 32.

This just in......

According to this site: u2bullshit.com, Barbara Streisand is singing backing vocals on "Magnificent" and the first single will be released on January 32.

YES! She's like butta.

on a related note, the once reliable u2eastlink site has just gotten rediculous. now they have someone claiming to be Bono over there, and another saying that they're hearing rumors that the tour won't happen until 2010 because there's some hidden message within the album title.
consider that site "unbookmarked". :wink::angry:

Please humor me on this one.

I'd love to hear a synopsis of the clues that were discovered by whatever genius came up with that one.

Hidden messages are only as interesting as the final message itself. Can you imagine a uber-U2 fan decides to figure out the hidden message only to find that it says the tour is delayed? That would be sadistic, which is what u2eastlink is.

Hidden messages are only as interesting as the final message itself. Can you imagine a uber-U2 fan decides to figure out the hidden message only to find that it says the tour is delayed? That would be sadistic, which is what u2eastlink is.

OMG! That would be like the music equivalent of the movie "Seven". sadistic indeed. :applaud:

And the message is...

ralphie_1.jpg

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

@u2 is "reporting" a rumor from fans in Dublin who say Bono and Adam told them the single will be released on the 19th.

We received a couple emails alerting us to a conversation Bono and Adam reportedly had Thursday night in Dublin with fans outside the band's studio. Bono apparently told the fans two pieces of news worth passing along:

The new single will be released to radio on January 19 (see below, too).
The tour will begin in Spain before the end of June

What we already sort of knew but its relitively official now :)

@u2 is "reporting" a rumor from fans in Dublin who say Bono and Adam told them the single will be released on the 19th.

I know.

I called it.

Right now I own the qualified officially confirmed absolutely non-official factual confirmation of this date. :wink:

It says in the article released to radio.

We wont be seeing a single to buy for at least the next month I would say.

10 days away, less if some radio station leaks it early which is a very good possibility.

What did we guess was the amount of time between when the radio stations get the single and the actual allowed play date? Wasn't it like 3 days or something?

whew. no clue on that one. i would think they have to get it at least a day before though.

whew. no clue on that one. i would think they have to get it at least a day before though.

I thought you were in on that discussion too. Maybe I was wrong. I thought someone on here wrote something about singles being leaked 3 days or so before the first radio play because thats the average time it took for radio stations to get the single before the play date. :hmm:

maybe it was just wishful thinking.

I would say most likely the date it will be leaked is next Thursday, but that is just a guess based on previous records.

WBCN in Boston said it'd hit the airwaves next week. If it's released on Monday, then I suspect it'll be played on Thursday?? Maybe that's wishful thinking for my guess still cuz I said 1/15. Anyway, is it feasible 1-19 is the day it goes to iTunes? Then if they play it on the radio for Thurs, Fri Sat and Sun... then have it available Monday morning 1/19 on iTunes for everybody to go rush and buy. Maybe not though. Whatever. We're close.

I thought you were in on that discussion too. Maybe I was wrong. I thought someone on here wrote something about singles being leaked 3 days or so before the first radio play because thats the average time it took for radio stations to get the single before the play date. :hmm:

maybe it was just wishful thinking.

yeah. i think i sat that one out. haha! been trying not to be glued to this forum as much the last couple days in hopes of actually getting work done. wait, what am i doing right now? :wink:

WBCN in Boston said it'd hit the airwaves next week. If it's released on Monday, then I suspect it'll be played on Thursday?? Maybe that's wishful thinking for my guess still cuz I said 1/15. Anyway, is it feasible 1-19 is the day it goes to iTunes? Then if they play it on the radio for Thurs, Fri Sat and Sun... then have it available Monday morning 1/19 on iTunes for everybody to go rush and buy. Maybe not though. Whatever. We're close.

That would make the most sense from a marketing stand point. Are you in the boston area as well?

I would say most likely the date it will be leaked is next Thursday, but that is just a guess based on previous records.

Exactly.....next Thursday......I have a hard time believing a Monday release to radio...as it was said before radio stations usually get promotional singles on a Thursday or Friday...they're told not to play them by the record company until a certain date(wink,wink)........I can believe that we will be hearing this one late next week...and I can see a lot of radio play over weekend...the 16th,17th and 18th....it's usually the way these things work

That would make the most sense from a marketing stand point. Are you in the boston area as well?

I'm in Connecticut, but when possible I listen to Boston radio since it's seemingly better. Usually (when I listen) I pick up Springfield 102.1 pretty easily, and I know they love U2 - Bax and O'Brien ran a contest for U2 tickets in Hartford back in 2005, and they always talk about them like they're the best (which they are) :wink:

I do drive through MA/Boston fairly often though.

Back
Top Bottom