Khan, Rajasthan, India Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi PFan and Reggo. :wave:

Damn, I hate how expensive Macs are. I need a laptop for next year, but god, any Macbook with a decent size screen costs a few thousand dollars.

I'd prefer a Mac, even though I'd likely just run Windows XP on it most of the time. Last thing I want is Vista. But if it's going to cost AUS$3,000+ to get a Macbook with a screen larger than 13", I may have to go with something else anyway.

I'm most likely going to end up with an HP model, somewhere in the 500-600 dollar range. It will probably have Vista, unfortunately, but, meh, that's not that big a deal for me since it's at least a more updated version than the first (which we have on our family computer, causing it to freeze frequently).

I don't doubt I can probably find some laptop running Vista for around AUS$1,200 with a larger screen. The cheapest Macbooks are about AUS$1,600, but they only have a 13" screen. I used one of those at university and thought it was far too small and awkward.

Honestly, I'd rather not get a laptop at all. I am far more comfortable with desktops. But next year, it's going to be imperative to have a portable computer as well.

Why so, Ax?

Why what, the imperative to have a portable computer? When I'm off doing research, especially in New Zealand, I'll need my computer with me so that I have all my files. Plus, note-taking on computers doesn't take so long. Well, on a desktop anyway - not so fond of laptop keyboards, but that might just be due to not being accustomed to it.

15 inches feels like too much laptop now. My 13 inch Mac fits fine in my bag and doesn't feel too small....anymore.

When I was using the 13" one at uni, I had to squint to read the fucking thing. Awful.

My iMac has a 15" screen and I'm cool with that. Mum brought down a 17" flatscreen for my desktop PC which I plugged in this morning and I love it - noticeable improvement over my old 16" screen.

No matter what laptop I get, I'm most likely going to use the same keyboard and screen I have right now, if that's possible (I've always thought it was), as well as the same mouse. I'll only use the regular laptop features when I have to travel with it.

Anna, you splinter. :wave:

Increase text size?

There's that, but it doesn't help everything.

No matter what laptop I get, I'm most likely going to use the same keyboard and screen I have right now, if that's possible (I've always thought it was), as well as the same mouse. I'll only use the regular laptop features when I have to travel with it.

Yeah, you can do that. I'd probably do that as well.

i've got a lot i should do today. however, the wii calls me. this is called something in psychology, where you're torn between obligation and desire to the gratification biz. i can't recall what, because i retained absolutely nothing in that unit. how, and probably more importantly, why, do people study psychology by choice? i'd rather have an alien probe than have anything to do with wishy washy psychology again.

now, back to that wii dilemma..

i've got a lot i should do today. however, the wii calls me. this is called something in psychology, where you're torn between obligation and desire to the gratification biz. i can't recall what, because i retained absolutely nothing in that unit. how, and probably more importantly, why, do people study psychology by choice? i'd rather have an alien probe than have anything to do with wishy washy psychology again.

now, back to that wii dilemma..

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over flight simulator, although it might also be over my room screaming to be tidied.

Wishy washy psychology?

Can't be as bad as literary criticism.

Literary criticism?

Can't be as bad as biology.

Oh yes, yes it can.

impostor.png

Not sure anything can be as bad as Subaltern Studies. The worst of political science/International Relations axe-grinding meets literary criticism wankery.

I'd rather listen to One.

"What have those poor, defenceless animals ever done to us?" asks Colin Chicago, owner of the East Unwashed Hippy white collar worker Sanctuary. "Kidnapping these helpless creatures from their habitat simply to stick probes and needles in them is just barbaric! How would you like it if someone caged you in a lab and conducted tests on you just to find out whether a new product was fit for sale? Experimenting on animals ought to be banned!"

:giggle:

In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for Unwashed Hippy's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that white collar workers could be added to the menu.

• "The fact is, the white collar worker population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Melbourne Utopia. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have white collar worker kebabs, white collar worker pies, white collar worker-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."

• "I agree that something needs to be done about white collar worker over-population," says random passer-by Gregory Nagasawa, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."

• "I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Buy Falopian. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The white collar workers were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The white collar worker is part of what makes Unwashed Hippy a great nation!"

:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom