Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really doesn't seem like this album is coming out for a few more weeks. Kanye is in the studio with Rick Rubin trying to record more material/make some changes and they apparently couldn't get a choir sample cleared. The record label execs are "going crazy." I also haven't seen any track listing and the listening parties that have been going on haven't been consistent.

An update to this post:

It really doesn't seem like this album is coming out for a few more weeks. Kanye is in the studio with Rick Rubin trying to record more material/make some changes and they apparently couldn't get a choir sample cleared. The record label execs are "going crazy." I also haven't seen any track listing and the listening parties that have been going on haven't been consistent.

Apparently, according to the consensus at Kanye To The, the album was finished completely sometime yesterday afternoon, hours before a listening party where Kanye straight up said the album will be out in a week.

This, of course, contradicts other reports I've heard that certain retail chains already have the album. I have no idea what's going on /towelie

There are a LOT of people expecting this album to leak sometime between now and Thursday, but I'm not about to hold out hope for that. It's just good to know that everything seems to be on track for the 18th.

But has that instinct led you astray? Like the Taylor Swift interruption at the MTV Video Music Awards, things like that.

It’s only led me to complete awesomeness at all times. It’s only led me to awesome truth and awesomeness. Beauty, truth, awesomeness. That’s all it is.
Uh. May. Zine.

Kinda hope this doesn't leak, would be cool if everyone gets to hear it at the same time.

That was an entertaining interview. I like that they insist on calling him Mr. West as he carries on in the most un-gentlemanly manner possible.

I'm not the biggest hip hop fan, and I only like handfuls of songs off his albums, but he's the one hip hop/rap artist where I look forward to hearing something new and will buy the album.

Actually rather excited for this.

I like that they insist on calling him Mr. West as he carries on in the most un-gentlemanly manner possible.

Sorry to spoil your fun, but this is standard New York Times practice. They keep it formal and always refer to article subjects as "Mr.", "Mrs.", "Ms." after printing their full name at the beginning.

Sorry to spoil your fun, but this is standard New York Times practice. They keep it formal and always refer to article subjects as "Mr.", "Mrs.", "Ms." after printing their full name at the beginning.

I'm aware of that. I was just pointing out the irony in the situation.

People are starting pick up copies of Yeezus now. I saw a copy on twitter with orange tape, the credits are in the form of a sticker that's plastered on the back.

Thinking this will leak soon.

drip

drip

drip

drip

Haven't downloaded it myself. Word is that it's about 250 kbps, which is very decent.

Me too.

I don't see the appeal in waiting for the release date at all. But that's just me.

I'll wait because I can tell a difference between MP3 and lossless format. Usually it's in the cymbals/tambourines/hit-hat. Subtle, but it bugs me long term and I'd rather be exposed to something in a higher quality.

-Icy as 808s
-Heavy as Cruel Summer (think Mercy, Cold)
-Ambitious as MBDTF, with a lot of the same effects used, including pitch-shifting, autotune and liberal use of distortion

I just talked to Jesus
He was like what up Yeezus

Just finished first listen. All of my descriptors are along the lines of crazy/insane/bonkers. First impressions

On Sight - does more in 2.5 minutes than Random Access Memories can muster in nearly 80
Black Skinhead - banging my head like a mahfucka, good thing my office door is closed. Sounds significantly 'reduced' from the SNL performance
I Am A God - completely insane ending
New Slaves - Franky Ocean's outro sounds great, really adds a lot
Hold My Liqour - whoa, awesome ending; don't know if that's guitar or synth or what. Outro game on this is TIGHT
I'm In It - little dip in quality, but those first five were awesome
Blood on the Leaves - probably the closest sounding to MBDTF with a little bit of 808s in the autotune'd vocals. Strange Fruit sample, holy shit
Guilt Trip - some dancehall up in this
Send It Up - awesome beat on this one
Bound 2 - soul samples, sounds a bit more like Kanye Classic, still crazy as hell

In short: y'all ain't ready for this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom