Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's see: I bring up U2 and the burning crosses/swasticas, and Bono being recorded uttering the "N" word.

You change the topic to merch.

So right now, who is being blithely unaware?

I found reading the following discussion quite interesting:

Kanye West appropriates Confederate flag design | MetaFilter

Therein, individuals freely expressed their opinion - some with some pretty colorful language and expressions about Kanye himself (and, lo and behold, comparisons to other historically racist imagery) - and I was hard pressed to see any example of anyone ridiculing anyone else, making fun of others thoughts, people joining into a group laugh at a single person's thoughts, others parachuting to poke fun at earlier comments, anything of the sort, really. It's a refreshing read, of varied opinions on both sides (or middle).

Let's see: I bring up U2 and the burning crosses/swasticas, and Bono being recorded uttering the "N" word.

You change the topic to merch.

So right now, who is being blithely unaware?

Sadly for you, you solely own the title, as you tried to make fun of my opinion by drawing a completely apples and oranges comparison to images that were displayed on U2's screens when I have said nothing about the images Kanye may or may not display on his screens. In fact, I wouldn't have much to say about that, as every artist does this at shows. They don't necessarily use those images to sell t-shirts, however.

And, as pointed out, Bono is not reclaiming the burning cross or swastika to promote his tour and saying "it's mine now". Kanye has outright stated that this is what he's doing. Repeatedly.

We have been talking about tour merch here. If anyone tried to "change the subject", it was you. Do you have a U2-ey example that you'd like to share that is remotely relevant?

Probably not, gvox conveniently edited a :lol: from an earlier post after a praising a site where people aren't "ridiculing anyone else, making fun of others thoughts, people joining into a group laugh at a single person's thoughts"

No I didn't edit any such thing Laz, I've (temporarily?) stopped using the smileys that have been provided for members of this forum because you have taken such offense to their use.

I care that much about my fellow man's hurt feelings.

Until further notice you'll just have to decide when I'm being sarcastic, sincere, silly, funny, or none of the above.

Sadly for you, you solely own the title, as you tried to make fun of my opinion by drawing a completely apples and oranges comparison to images that were displayed on U2's screens when I have said nothing about the images Kanye may or may not display on his screens. In fact, I wouldn't have much to say about that, as every artist does this at shows. They don't necessarily use those images to sell t-shirts, however.

Oh wait. I forgot. You're the white Canadian dude who can speak for a majority of the worldwide population of black people because you have anecdotal stories and opinions of a few black friends. Right. Duh. How could I forget?

Oh wait. I forgot. You're the white Canadian dude who can speak for a majority of the worldwide population of black people because you have anecdotal stories and opinions of a few black friends. Right. Duh. How could I forget?

Well that's a red herring, and doesn't accurately describe anything remotely resembling who I am, but if you're curious as to the varying opinions of black people on this flag business I'm sure you could read any number of forums that will help you out.

Any more personal attacks "tourist" or are we good for the evening?

Yeah. I'm sure it's me doing the personal attacking here. Who called someone blithely unaware? And who, in a previous thread, claimed to know what a majority of black people in the world think with regard to the N word anyway. But is now smartly trying to rewrite that. Too bad, though. The Internet has a log memory. But if you think I'm personally attacking you, I suppose you could use your right as an interferencer and put me on ignore.

Yeah. I'm sure it's me doing the personal attacking here. Who called someone blithely unaware? And who, in a previous thread, claimed to know what a majority of black people in the world think with regard to the N word anyway. But is now smartly trying to rewrite that. Too bad, though. The Internet has a log memory. But if you think I'm personally attacking you, I suppose you could use your right as an interferencer and put me on ignore.

I didn't claim that at all. Stop with the strawman. I said that the average black person doesn't run around calling each other that word, especially those of a certain age and older, and I absolutely stand by that - they do not. You can argue it till your blue in the face, make ridiculous projections about who you think I am or what you think you know about my life, but it won't change that fact.

And fyi: the right to ignore is to ignore opinions that I don't share or like. You have no right to attack and then expect to be ignored, or even be treated with kid gloves.

The fact is, you parachuted in to ridicule my opinion. As I asked, any more ridicule or personal attacks you'd like to make?

:yawn:

Guess it was only a matter of time til I saw the side of you that I never had before. The legend continues.

Gabe you have single-handedly ruined this thread. Congrats!

YEEZUS season is but a far, far memory.

Yeezus wouldn't want us to fight each other like this. He'd want us to treat each other with respect and buy dope ass merch. Bound 2 fall in love. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom