June 6 & 7, 2010-Anaheim II -Have you told your spouse about U2 again in June club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my Anaheim 2 ticket for about 2 weeks now...at least. Definitely check. I'm still waiting for the GA I bought for Anaheim 1 on eBay 12 days ago.

The title of this thread cracked me up.:lol:

I have no spouse but I can't seem to find the right way to bring it up to my family.
They don't know about Seattle or Miami. :shh: I feel like a teenager keeping secrets. I have plenty of time to tell them, I just know they will think I am "wasting" money and I don't need "the looks". Ya know?

Good luck with telling your spouses peeps! I hope it all goes okay.

I have no spouse but I can't seem to find the right way to bring it up to my family.
They don't know about Seattle or Miami. :shh: I feel like a teenager keeping secrets. I have plenty of time to tell them, I just know they will think I am "wasting" money and I don't need "the looks". Ya know?

I know how you feel. I'm *only* going to Anaheim 1 and 2 after LA and Vegas this year and my Mom thinks I'm insane and wasting money. She completely doesn't get it. My friends get it as they are all obsessed with various bands, just not U2.

I didn't tell my parents about Vegas at all and I didn't tell them why I went to LA. I told them about Oakland b/c I'm staying with them but I didn't tell them about these shows (Anaheim I and II).

um... did I mention I'm 30-something (*cough*) and married! :lol:

I COMPLETELY understand!!

I know how you feel. I'm *only* going to Anaheim 1 and 2 after LA and Vegas this year and my Mom thinks I'm insane and wasting money. She completely doesn't get it. My friends get it as they are all obsessed with various bands, just not U2.

I didn't tell my parents about Vegas at all and I didn't tell them why I went to LA. I told them about Oakland b/c I'm staying with them but I didn't tell them about these shows (Anaheim I and II).

um... did I mention I'm 30-something (*cough*) and married! :lol:

:lol:

Holy confessions!!!

My wife and I never told our families that we were going to Vegas for Popmart. We had just been to Vegas 2 months prior, and they would have thought us absolutely crazy to return so soon. It was a bit of a stretch financially then.

We crushed any questions about us and U2 when we told the family that we were going to Sydney for Popmart.
Now, my in-laws just get pissy when we mention where we will be seeing the band. :rolleyes:
My family is more understanding. :up:

:lol: What we do and hide for these Irish guys!

Funny thing though, my folks didn't even flinch when I told them the reason we're coming in June is because we have "concert tickets" on the 16th. They didn't even ask which concert. I think they just assumed.

Yeah, I still haven't told my wife yet. Actually she will be more understanding than my buisness partners. I told them I had tickets to Anaheim I and they have been giving me crap all week. There is no way I'm going to mention Anaheim II or Seattle. I'll just take the days off and say I'm going on vacation. Peer ridicule can be brutal.

AW, poor Jmath. :hug: I actually wound up getting tickets for 5 of my co-workers and their spouses for the Phx show. And I found out the next day that one of my bosses was there too :giggle:

I totally relate to the title of this post, Before buying my GA for ANA2 i didnt know how to tell my wife about it (totally childhood flashback, like telling to my parents i had a bad grade in school) good thing she understood and we got some extra income so i was fortunate enough to get only 1 GA ticket... Now, im gonna try to get 2 seats for ANA2 for me and her, she doesnt sound as excited as me about the show everytime i bring it up in a conversation, but theres still lots of time for the idea to sink in her mind
biggrin2.gif

Maybe is because music/bands are a important piece of my life, and some people dont understand the relationship we have with our fav bands/music... like some of my co-workers think i am weird for going to see a band 3 times in less than 6 months (rose bowl+ana1+ana2)...
Anyways confession time hehehe... is good for the soul :wave:
peace

My wife keeps asking what I want for Christmas, and I keep saying "nothing" in the hopes of lessening the impact of this whole thing. She's aware of Anaheim but has hardly given her stamp of approval -- though she has said, "Well, I guess you're set on going to Anaheim." :huh:

I haven't mentioned Minneapolis at all to her. On the other hand, I'm not even sure I'm going to that one. I'd rather fly 4 hours to Anaheim for Disneyland + two shows than drive 5+ hours to Minneapolis to one show.

My wife keeps asking what I want for Christmas, and I keep saying "nothing" in the hopes of lessening the impact of this whole thing. She's aware of Anaheim but has hardly given her stamp of approval -- though she has said, "Well, I guess you're set on going to Anaheim." :huh:

I haven't mentioned Minneapolis at all to her. On the other hand, I'm not even sure I'm going to that one. I'd rather fly 4 hours to Anaheim for Disneyland + two shows than drive 5+ hours to Minneapolis to one show.

Face it. It's not about Disneyland or the 2 shows back to back or the fly vs. drive. It's US!!!! :love:

Good Luck dude!!! She will approve eventually.. a very nice christmas gift for her will be a good idea though..:up:
Peace

Better yet, tell her the best Christmas present she could give you would be her blessing to "go and enjoy the show(s)."

My hubby has no idea I spent $150 on a GA for Anaheim 1 (which I finally got in the mail today!!!!)

"I guess it's the price of love, and I know it's not cheap."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom