June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he came to the workplace back in fall 2004 to meet with the CEO (I think he was trying to get us to join the (RED) campaign from the start; not sure why it didn't happen right away).

It was so awesome. I managed to actually say something coherent to him (if he said anything in return, I have no earthly idea what he said :lol: ), and I got a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I was very proud of myself for keeping my shit together and not humiliating myself in front of the CEO and everyone else who was there. I managed to catch him at the right time, when there were just a few of us waiting, and then the crowd got really big.

And then this was my Christmas card that year. I put Santa hat stickers on both our heads. :lol: I wish I'd kept one for myself.

bonosmall.jpg

I'm still waiting for him to come back there and say 'hi.' But no more visits. :sad:

I suppose now that he and Mr. CEO are all buddy-buddy, they just go to his house, he doesn't have to have an office meeting. :wink:

I haven't seen it, but after suffering through the total shit-fest that was Leap Year just for the Ireland scenery, I'm much more hesitant to trust another "romance filmed in Ireland" movie. :wink:

I recommend bridesmaids, filmed in Wisconsin. ;) Chris O'dowd :combust:

I second kylemore abbey, the lake is warm enough to go in.

As to stalking, I'd like to get close and I have, but from what I've seen it brings out the worst in people.

I recommend bridesmaids, filmed in Wisconsin. ;) Chris O'dowd :combust:

As to stalking, I'd like to get close and I have, but from what I've seen it brings out the worst in people.

Oh my god, I had no idea Bridesmaids was filmed in Wisconsin! Now I HAVE to go see it.

And yeah, I think that's part of the reason I'm not big on the big crowd scene.

(But it's easy for me to say, as I was fortunate enough to meet him in a different kind of scenario.)

Yeah, he came to the workplace back in fall 2004 to meet with the CEO (I think he was trying to get us to join the (RED) campaign from the start; not sure why it didn't happen right away).

It was so awesome. I managed to actually say something coherent to him (if he said anything in return, I have no earthly idea what he said :lol: ), and I got a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I was very proud of myself for keeping my shit together and not humiliating myself in front of the CEO and everyone else who was there. I managed to catch him at the right time, when there were just a few of us waiting, and then the crowd got really big.

And then this was my Christmas card that year. I put Santa hat stickers on both our heads. :lol: I wish I'd kept one for myself.

bonosmall.jpg

I'm still waiting for him to come back there and say 'hi.' But no more visits. :sad:

I suppose now that he and Mr. CEO are all buddy-buddy, they just go to his house, he doesn't have to have an office meeting. :wink:

Wow Cori that is so awesome, what a great picture! How did I miss this story before? You officially can die a happy woman right now that you have gotten a hug and kiss from Bono. Very cool! :applaud::up:
That is on my bucket list!

Thora, I have been known to mumble, trip over words, stutter and speak a language that does not exist when I am nervous. I'd rather avoid making an ass out of myself and it be caught on tape for the world to see on youtube.

Me too! :lol:

I'd probably prefer NOT to meet them, just to avoid a potentially humiliating encounter like that. I'm not going to actively look for them, but if it happens, it happens. :)

I'd signed up at Interference two years earlier, but hardly ever visited. After I got that picture, I think this was the first place I came to check in! :lol:

And 42,000 posts later ..... :crack:

Damn Cori, that's a kick ass picture and story. I'm so glad you were able to say something.

I know for a fact that I would clam up if I met any of the band. My other love is USC football, and being that I work on campus, I come across players/coaches all the time. My boss would always joke she'd know when Pete Carroll was around because I'd suddenly go silent. I never approached him. She made me approach Mark Sanchez once. I was mortified, but he was very sweet.

I think I just said "I've been such a big fan for such a long time, thank you for so much great music" or something like that.

If I meet him again when he's here, I'm going to ask for his recommendation of favorite pub and/or best recommendation of what to see in Dublin. :wink:

the first time I met Bono, on Easter Sunday 2001, I told him that his music had changed my life. He gave me a little grin that we al know he's given many others, and said, "thanks mate, and you've changed mine."

silly little thing, but I'll never forget it.

my most embarassing Bono encounter was in Vegas on the last tour. There was a group of us waiting, but I was the only one who noticed that Bono pulled out in a car behind us. I walked over and asked him to sign a CD. He drew a picture similar to the one he drew on a lunch box that went up for auction. As soon as he signed it, I turned around and yelled at everyone else, "Look! He drew me a lunch box!" Bono was still sitting there in the car behind me. :doh:

Second most meaningful time meeting him was in 2008, when he came to meet with Oakland city and church leaders about AIDS. I got into the press conference and stood 10 feet away from him for 35, 40 minutes as he talked. Then I got to ask a question and talk to him for five minutes or so without being interrupted by people yelling at him (it was in a private parking lot. I got to tell him how much I liked Pop and reminded him it was the 10th anniversary since it's release. That was also when I got to have a nice picture taken with him for the first time.

Nice pic Cori! Maybe you'll run into them when you're in Dublin - worked for me! :D

Almost time to start packing...can't wait to meet up with everyone! :wave:

I did make a mental note in a recent article/interview with Ali, when she said they would have their family holiday in August.

And I thought "...... so you'll be home in Dublin after that?" :shifty:

Someone on the U2.com forum said they were going to try calling Qwest tomorrow to see about this wristband foolishness.

Which is cool. I've decided I can take no further part in figuring out GA. It's not healthy for my (and your) sanity. :wink:

Also, the sun has set (or at least gone behind the Olympics). It is 8:48. Let's see how long it takes to get reasonably dark for maximum Claw enjoyment.

the wristbands will be given out as you enter the pit. that's how that works.

yeah. I actually prefer that. The fewer things slowing me down as I'm writing the better.

Not according to what it says on the Qwest site. It says you can't get onto the floor without a wristband, and that the wristbands are being given out at the west gates.

Our line up is on the east side. :|

We wanted to clarify that we would in fact be considered "priority entrance" for getting wristbands as well, as they say any GA ticket holders can enter on the west side when the gates open.

Yeah, I'm just not going to worry about it anymore.

DO YOU HEAR ME, QWEST FIELD???? YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STRESS ME OUT!!!!!

:madwife:

:zen:

In daylight news, it's 9:38 and seems to be plenty dark for Claw Goodness.

I think the first half hour or so will be in the twilight, but I'll be surprised if it seems as bright as it did in some of the pics I saw from Winnipeg.

Oh, those wacky Canadian sunsets!

So what should we call the next thread? Or do we have to be non-creative about it and just go with "June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA Part Zwei"?

So... look like I am coming up alone.... apparently my friend who I was bringing made plans with someone else on Friday... WTF? TWO months ago when I explained to him how much U2 meant to me and their concerts, to forward him I totally get its not for everyone, he gratefully accepted.. and all he has done is stress me out... this is why... I don't take men err, little boys to Vegas and U2 concerts...I am here to officially say, I am done... I Love U2...'nough said and I am not going to apologize for it. I know you all understand... I will be up Friday afternoon... sometimes people are jerks... thank god their are U2 fans... thanks for letting me vent, I am done pitching about this... I think I owe my two best friends a drink, poor girls... they have been very great while I go through my zaniness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom