June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to find plenty to suit you in the neighborhood. This is a great spot for the stadium to be in relation to hotels and restaurants. :)

I have never had bad food in Seattle, ever. I am more excited about the food than U2. Kidding. :D

Jeannie, or anyone else that might be interested in taking advantage of paid parking at Starbucks, it sounds like they'll have it open for business around 2 in the afternoon, as they're going to wait until the ball game starts (so they don't have confusion over who's parking there for the game and who's there for the concert).

Cars will have to be out by midnight or be subject to towing (although if the show runs late or something, I'm sure they'll figure something out).

Thanks for the heads up! We will probably just bite the bullet and pay the price for parking at Qwest.

At least you know you have another option if need be. :)

I even might take this new parking info to mean that I may be able to drive home and sleep in my own bed Friday night, as the main reason I was going to crash with the gals at Silver Cloud was because I didn't want to lose my parking spot. :lol:

If I'm being honest with myself, I'm probably not going to get much sleep either way, no matter if I'm on a floor, in my own bed, out too late at Zoo Station, or in bed at a reasonable hour. I'll be too excited to sleep well, so I may just do that.

I'll probably play it by ear. We'll see what the dealio is with the line and then I'll go from there.

does Starbucks taste better in Seattle? Just curious :p

EDIT: CRAP. This is how I use my 5,00th post.:doh::doh:

Nobody drinks Starbucks in Seattle. :| :wink: JK!

It's all about local coffee shops!
If you have time, ding around downtown and find a local one, just ask anybody on the street. The vibe is cooler :D

But if in a pinch I have been known to go to a Starbucks or two. :reject: Seattle's Best Coffee is way better IMO as far as the chains go. There's always the coffee huts on every corner too! :) I don't frequent the downtown corridor that much I live in the burbs on the east side of the lake, so not familiar with any close to the stadium.
I sound like a coffee snob, but I'm not! I only have one cup a day I make at home!

Darker roast = :drool:

Some of the froufier drinks at Seattle's Best are pretty awesome. I'd go to them more often if there were more of them around!

I like chocolate in my mocha :wink:

And, hi Amy! I was wondering when you would post in here. i saw your name at the bottom of the page a few hours ago :)

I like chocolate in my mocha :wink:

And, hi Amy! I was wondering when you would post in here. i saw your name at the bottom of the page a few hours ago :)

I am checking in on Cori's GA panic. If I don't get the chance to talk to you Roman, I hope you have an amazing time at your birthday show!:D

I'm doing much better now, thanks. :D

Although on my way out of work, one of my friends stopped me. "What was your deal on Facebook today?"

I told him the general gist, and he looked at me (rightfully so) like I was a total crazy person. :lol:

Another of my friends messaged me on FB to ask what my deal was. She knows I'm a total U2 freak, but she thought I was being ridiculous too.

YOU GUYS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO UNDERSTAND!!!! :sad:

:hug:We do. I felt the same way as you. It is the lack of control once the gates open that is hard.

Ya, Cori I totally understand. I have been counting the days down on my FB page and all my friends think I am psycho. :lol: I don't care. I just wish everybody could experience this kind of connection with a band. It's very hard to explain sometimes without sounding like a 13yr old gushing little girl.:lol:

off to the gym! only 1.5 workouts before I can take a couple of days off :) postwhore away ;)

Nobody drinks Starbucks in Seattle. :| :wink: JK!

It's all about local coffee shops!
If you have time, ding around downtown and find a local one, just ask anybody on the street. The vibe is cooler :D

But if in a pinch I have been known to go to a Starbucks or two. :reject: Seattle's Best Coffee is way better IMO as far as the chains go. There's always the coffee huts on every corner too! :) I don't frequent the downtown corridor that much I live in the burbs on the east side of the lake, so not familiar with any close to the stadium.
I sound like a coffee snob, but I'm not! I only have one cup a day I make at home!

I am a horrible coffee snob and I'm all about the local. I was going to try Zeitgeist. Any good?

But I'm also always thankful for Starbucks when I travel because I know exactly what to get there that works for me and it's always the same.

Mmm... coffee! :drool:

When I worked downtown, we had an SBC in the lobby of our building. :drool: I spent WAY too much money on those damn coffees. They were delicious! And now I'm craving a cup of coffee. Maybe I'll make some after dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom