June 29, 2011 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...instead of putting U2360 at the Rose Bowl, I'm tricking my Dad and putting in another U2 DVD, which might be ZooTV or Popmart. Nah, maybe Slane. :drool: :lol:

As every day passes, it looks increasingly more like we should expect rain.

According to Weather Underground, during the GA process, 6 am to 6 pm, there's a 30% chance of precipitation. During the show, 6 pm to 12 pm, there's a 40% chance of precipitation.

This coming after we're expected an inch of rain tomorrow and an inch of rain on Tuesday.

To top that all off, they're Thunderstorm warnings. I hope that doesn't jeopardize the show? Does anyone know the details for The Claw in regards to lightning?

Also, expecting mid a muggy mid 80s.

As every day passes, it looks increasingly more like we should expect rain.

According to Weather Underground, during the GA process, 6 am to 6 pm, there's a 30% chance of precipitation. During the show, 6 pm to 12 pm, there's a 40% chance of precipitation.

This coming after we're expected an inch of rain tomorrow and an inch of rain on Tuesday.

To top that all off, they're Thunderstorm warnings. I hope that doesn't jeopardize the show? Does anyone know the details for The Claw in regards to lightning?

Also, expecting mid a muggy mid 80s.

Oh man, and I thought I saw a 20% chance of rain on Wednesday evening last night. :scream: Hope they allow us to bring ponchos.

No ponchos for me, I'll just go shirtless lol. Although I'll need a way to protect my phone/wallet/camera.

I'm sure plastic baggies will work just fine.

We have been having thunderstorms every afternoon here in South Florida... starting usually at around 5-6 pm, but it doesn't mean it will rain exactly at the Stadium. We could be having a huge storm in one place and you walk a block away and it's dry... let's hope they stay away from our place on Wednesday!! :)

Err... I'm born and raised in South Florida.

These aren't showers that we're currently experiencing. They're full out storms. It's rained every day through the weekend, with lightning and all.

Don't hold your breath, it will likely rain. And there's a good chance that it's over the Stadium, too, as that weather update was for Miami Gardens in specific.

Rain is not an issue though, but I'm wondering if lightning is or not.

I remember Pink Floyd at Sun Life Stadium back in 94, the Division Bell Tour - The stadium was called either Joe Robbie or Dolphin Stadium back then. One of the best concerts I've ever been to, and it was raining before we got there, during and after the show that night. I think the rain added to the light show and made it even better and more memorable.

Joe Robbie at the time indeed. I wouldn't mind being in the rain at all... again... I'm just afraid that they'd have a delay for lightning, which there's been a lot of lately.

Especially during the construction of the stage as we speak...

Oh I'd imagine... I'm not quite sure if The Claw is taller than SunLife Stadium though. But more importantly, lightning rod or not, I'm fairly certain poor weather conditions including lightning would suspend or delay putting the stage together.

Of course, we'd hear about that by now I'm sure.

If there's a storm, it will pass, and the show will go on. I have a feeling lots of ponchos will be sold in South Florida on Wednesday.

What do you think they will play in Miami ??? Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me or Ultra violet?? I prefer Ultra violet.. What do you guys wanna hear? They have bee switching back and forth with these two songs at the last few shows.

Tiger Edge said:
HMTMKMKM for sure. I've already heard UV. And I love UV.

I just think that they lose some people when they play HMTMKMKM.. I love both, but I think UV is an overall better song live.

I want both! :wink: Doesn't kill to add a second song in the encore, though I'm looking forward to hearing HMTMKMKM (I doubt UV, one of my favorites, will appear after all)

2 DAYS! The Claw is already going up at Sun Life, I guess the screen and spire and other stuff should be arriving tomorrow. Wow, it's almost here. Though the weather forecast is looking bad for Wednesday - 60% chance of precipitation and thunderstorms. Typical weather I suppose (like here). Will be flying to MIA tomorrow, picking up my tickets Wednesday morning. :hyper:

I just think that they lose some people when they play HMTMKMKM.. I love both, but I think UV is an overall better song live.
Totally agree!!

As for the weather also keep in mind that most of GA stands on a metal floor so I'm wondering what They'll do about that???

It's really not a walking area. Don't get me wrong, it can easily be done... but SunLife Stadium lies on the intersections of many local highways and interstate roads.

The area is not a nice area, that's for sure. It's in the middle of nowhere, really. That being said, I've never walked outside of the stadium down there, so I don't really know.

So, if you´re gonna go sit at the GA line since 8 am your best bet for food would be to bring snacks, sandwiches or food?

By your description, it doesn´t seem like there´s a place to acquire food nearby.

Just go to Wal-Mart before (it's across the street, sorta) lining up and stock up on stuff. Bring plenty of water. I'd recommend buying a cheapo beach umbrella and just leaving it there.

Umbrella for rain or for sun? I´m guessing rain from other posts. I dunno, I guess it´s az dumb question, but I´m just used to expecting sun (lots of it) from Miami.

Umbrella for sun and rain!! And don't forget sun screen...
I am hoping there is a covered area for the queue, not looking forward to being in the sun all day!!!

We are bringing a cooler with lots of water and sandwiches, etc... then we will bring it back to the car once it gets closer to entrance time.

Check out live cam from Sun life stadium!!

InstaCam Time Lapse V7.6

Man, SunLife trumps the claw. I can't believe that.

So, if you´re gonna go sit at the GA line since 8 am your best bet for food would be to bring snacks, sandwiches or food?

By your description, it doesn´t seem like there´s a place to acquire food nearby.

Going to any given market and getting anything that doesn't need to be heated is your best bet. There's nothing within a true walking distance other than Walmart. Everything else is a fair distance, it's really the middle of nowhere out there.

Harold78 said:
What do you think they will play in Miami ??? Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me or Ultra violet?? I prefer Ultra violet.. What do you guys wanna hear? They have bee switching back and forth with these two songs at the last few shows.

Ultraviolet of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom