June 17 & 18, 2011 - I'm not #1 in the GA line in Anaheim...carry on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but you're still coming!! :)

anyway, I got an important question to ask, if anybody is staying at TownePlace Suites and will not have a car registered to your room, can we bum a parking pass off of you? If they only allow one pass per room, we will need any extra pass since we will have 4 cars. Thanks!

Woody?

You best come by the GA line on Friday, or find us all on Saturday :shifty:

It was more of a whole band sort of thing, rather than any one. It was quite short-lived though. :wink:

I will try!!!! I don't know why I'm missing that gathering tomorrow night! :doh: You guys are going to have a blast! :cute:

I've been considering it. :shifty: It's a long drive to make late home Thursday night, then turn around and come back Friday though. :reject:

GA Update.....

We have been asked to move our cars back further into the metrolink lot and not have our chairs etc out overnight by the venue/police. Venue security was chill with us but Venue owners are (Angels) are not...surprise surprise. :doh:

Theyre in same lot....BUT Look for 2 cars in the Metro link lot directly behind the Grove. Lance and Donna r in their cars per request, so no camping gear tonight. Donnas car black ford has a white towel hangin out of the window facing the grove....very obvious when u drive in. Please pull up to her car and sign up quietly and leave...tryin to behave for the po-po overnight. If someone can tweet this out or post elsewhere etc that'd be great!

Thanks!:hug:

GA Update.....

We have been asked to move our cars back further into the metrolink lot and not have our chairs etc out overnight by the venue/police. Venue security was chill with us but Venue owners are (Angels) are not...surprise surprise. :doh:

Theyre in same lot....BUT Look for 2 cars in the Metro link lot directly behind the Grove. Lance and Donna r in their cars per request, so no camping gear tonight. Donnas car black ford has a white towel hangin out of the window facing the grove....very obvious when u drive in. Please pull up to her car and sign up quietly and leave...tryin to behave for the po-po overnight. If someone can tweet this out or post elsewhere etc that'd be great!

Thanks!:hug:

I copied and paste this information on to my twitter.

Uh this may be a little late :reject: but is the dinner walkable from town suites? I don't know the area at all. Just wondering if I need to get a cab from the hotel
Walking would be good after my long flight.
Thanks guys. Beautiful day for flying here
Save me a margarita! :hyper:

Very walkable see you soon
Uh this may be a little late :reject: but is the dinner walkable from town suites? I don't know the area at all. Just wondering if I need to get a cab from the hotel

It is as I like to say stumbling distance from Townplace.

There is no line for the Saturday show yet. There is only a line for Friday's show.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Can't wait to see everyone on Friday! We'll be at the Townplace with Mrs. Edge and Cydewaze and hopefully we'll get to see everyone either inside or outside the stadium (we're doing GA but not lining up) :wave:

100.3 The Sound shared this message from Live Nation regarding traveling to the stadium this weekend.

Attachments

• 253782_10150190945401901_42153021900_7436947_7039275_n.jpg
    253782_10150190945401901_42153021900_7436947_7039275_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 72
www_MessenTools_com-Frutas-bviolet2.gif
woohoo_by_jimzip-d3fzaj9.gif
woohoo_by_jimzip-d3fzaj9.gif

wooooooooooooo hoooooooooo . . . . Anaheim !!!!!!!!!!!! . . . it's here for you lovely lot at last; hope it is nothing short of epic xx pr :heart:

carry on :wave:

Hope everyone has fun at dinner tonight.
I'm planning on trying to meet a few more folks in the GA line tomorrow.

A quick stadium driveby today for the jealous lurkers:
DSCN0002.jpg

Similar to Devlin's post above!

TICKETMASTER ALERT: U2 Update - Courtesy Notification‏

Attention ticket holder!

We have important announcement from Angel Stadium about your upcoming event:

U2 360°
Angel Stadium
Friday, June 17 at 7PM and Saturday, June 18 at 7PM

Heavy traffic, congested streets and limited parking are anticipated at and around the stadium for these shows. Venue and civic officials encourage fans to arrive at Angel Stadium early to help avoid traffic delays. Fans are also encouraged to check traffic patterns before getting on the road in order to plan their route. Go to: Sigalert.com Los Angeles Traffic Map and 511.com | 511 | driving conditions | traffic | traffic maps.

Venue parking lots will open at 8 AM. Doors will open at 5:00 PM and the shows will start promptly at 7:00 PM. Food, beverage, and bathrooms will be available starting at 8AM (no early arrivals).

Since there are multiple routes to Angel Stadium by car, fans need to take note of directional signage and freeway message boards. Caltrans and the Anaheim Police Department will deploy in the field and will update freeway signage to help direct fans to the venue as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

Carpooling is crucial. The small difference between four versus three people riding per car results in thousands of fewer vehicles on the road, greatly streamlining traffic and parking, not to mention reducing harmful exhaust emissions. Plus, carpooling offers attendees a lower-cost option.

Take advantage of off-site parking. Parking at the venue is extremely limited and will fill up early in the day.

Fans can park at Honda Center, located a short walk from Angel Stadium. Handicap parking is available at Angel Stadium and at Honda Center. General parking at Angel Stadium is $25 per car with $60 for limousines and $100 oversized vehicles (including RV’s). Please note that parking at Angel Stadium and the Honda Center is on a cash only basis.

Taxis and other drop off services will only be allowed at the Orangewood Gate entrance.

Public transportation is a great way to get to the shows. Metrolink will provide special train service Friday and Saturday so that fans can avoid traffic on the freeways. Instead, they can relax and enjoy their ride to and from the concert, as well as save money.

Metrolink will provide two special round trips both Friday and Saturday. These round-trip routes to Anaheim Station from L.A. Union Station and Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo will be available for only $7.00.

U2 Special Train Schedule:

Southbound

· Los Angeles Union Station: Departs at 5:50 PM

· Norwalk/Santa Fe Springs: 6:11 PM

· Buena Park 6:17 PM

· Fullerton 6:24 PM

· Anaheim: Arrival at 6:33 PM

Northbound

· Laguna Niguel: Departs at 5:50 PM

· Irvine: 5:59 PM

· Tustin: 6:07 PM

· Santa Ana: 6:13 PM

· Orange: 6:18 PM

· Anaheim: 6:22 PM

Return trips: Southbound and Northbound trains will leave Anaheim Station 45 minutes after the show ends and return making all stops until reaching L.A. Union Station (Northbound) and Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo Station (Southbound).

Metrolink Tickets: Train tickets can be purchased day-of-show at Metrolink Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) at the respective stations. The special $7.00 pass can be purchased by first selecting “Special Ticket Options” and then selecting “Angels Train Pass.” Credit cards, debit and cash are accepted. For more details on getting to the concert via Metrolink go to Metrolink :: Welcome or call 1-800-371-5465 (LINK).

Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

So what time is a good time to be there to try and meet the band? Wanna get my Pop vinyl signed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom