June 17 & 18 2011 - Anaheim Part IX - I don't remember what Cory Marshall Looks Like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that care:

I'll still be at both shows but cannot get down to Anaheim until right before Show 1. Work is just too chaotic right now and with me going to NYC the following weekend, it's even more imperative that I not miss a day and a half next week.

So, hopefully, I'm still able to meet some of you either at the shows or maybe after show 1 (I'm staying in Anaheim Fri night)........

DAMMIT.

Stupid NYC.

So if one were staying at the hilton is the stadium a walkable distance and is it safe after the concert? Theres so many hotels in the area so not sure..

Sorry to bring up pointless stuff so close to the show! Enjoy people! :wave:

I checked out all the options for getting from LAX to Town Place Suites and because of my flight times the metro and amtrak schedules don;t work for me.
so, I'm renting a car.
If anyone else needs a ride from LAX about 5pm on Thursday 6/16, hit me up.

I'll be returning to LAX for a 9:50am Flight Sunday 6/19. I plan to drop off the car by 8:30 at the airport. I can bring people if anyone needs a ride. :D
It's early, :crack: but I'm flying back to the east coast

^I'm flying back to East coast as well, but my flight's at 2pm. too bad our schedules don't work out this time... I have a problem waking up early after a GA show.
ah, yes, too bad it doesn't sync up. I've been stranded in Boston before with no public transportation to RI after a late/delayed flight, so I'm leery of getting in too late.

I checked out all the options for getting from LAX to Town Place Suites and because of my flight times the metro and amtrak schedules don;t work for me.
so, I'm renting a car.
If anyone else needs a ride from LAX about 5pm on Thursday 6/16, hit me up.

I'll be returning to LAX for a 9:50am Flight Sunday 6/19. I plan to drop off the car by 8:30 at the airport. I can bring people if anyone needs a ride. :D
It's early, :crack: but I'm flying back to the east coast

Ok, I lied. Scrapped the car-just don't want to deal with driving plus the cost, as I'm not driving anywhere once at the hotel.
Super Shuttle here I come. It'll take longer but is a fraction of the rental cost.

So if one were staying at the hilton is the stadium a walkable distance and is it safe after the concert? Theres so many hotels in the area so not sure..

I'm staying at the Hilton. The distance from the Hilton to the stadium appears to be the same as that from the Towneplace to the stadium.

Why would anyone, even the experienced traveler, fly into LAX to save a few bucks when the cash you save will be used getting the bus, rental car, train? :coocoo:

I'm flying US Airways into John Wayne with a layover at Sky Harbor. I didn't want to pay more $$$$ for a SuperShuttle ride from LAX or Ontario.

Why would anyone, even the experienced traveler, fly into LAX to save a few bucks when the cash you save will be used getting the bus, rental car, train? :coocoo:
This time around, the difference is more than just a few bucks. It's so much different than last year, where flying to SNA was cheap. This year LAX is cheaper by $180 than SNA for me. Plus, there are more nonstop PHL-LAX flights in the pm while there's no direct flights at all to/from SNA.

one more option that I am looking into. How about bus/metro link from Union Station to Anaheim? Is this a good option? I understand I would have to take the bus from the airport to Union Station to pick up the Metrolink?

I have friend that does the train downtown LA to Anaheim right near the stadium every day. I don't know what the schedule is. I need to make more use of the trains.

I'll make sure you get in n out. I need to find out when you all are getting in.

I have friend that does the train downtown LA to Anaheim right near the stadium every day. I don't know what the schedule is. I need to make more use of the trains.

I'll make sure you get in n out. I need to find out when you all are getting in.

:hug:

My train is scheduled to arrive at the stadium station around 5pm on Thursday.

About 30-35 minutes.

I drove by the stadium this morning, cranes are hard at work on the claw. I think I'll be taking the 57 all week just to see the progress.

Oohh, good idea. I work in Anaheim, will try to post up pics. I never take 57, way too much traffic usually.

I'm driving in on Friday and plan to get in line pretty early on Saturday.

I hope I get to see some of you at some point.

I'm hoping Jetblue releases some good Cheeps tomorrow, because I'd like to stay an extra day and stay the Jay Leno show :) I have a $1-car reservation to get home, but if I have to change it by a day, it goes up to about $80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom