July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some more Dublin fun:

Well, I discovered something really
cool this morning...

Did you know there are cameras
hidden on the roof-tops of buildings
at certain spots in Ireland?

Yeah, me either...

But here's the coolest part.

These are web cameras, and they're
connected to the Internet for public
viewing...and the footage is LIVE.

...in other words, you can watch
what's happening in several Ireland
hotspots right this second.

And it's free.

Wanna see the craziness of Grafton St.
on a Friday night as energetic crowds
make their way to the pubs?

...or the hustle and bustle of O'Connell
Street on a summer afternoon?

...or local fishing boats coming and going
through the cool, morning mist at the Dun Laoghaire
Harbour?

Check it out here...

Live Webcam of Dublin, Ireland Wireless Broadband Streaming Web Cam Dublins O Connell Bridge and Liffey Free

Enjoy!

P.S. The above link takes you to the
best webcam I found after about an hour
searching. But you can find other cams
(of Dun Laoghaire Harbour, Grafton
St., etc.) by going to Google and searching
for "ireland webcams".

Translation needed please. I think I have answered my question regarding the public transport however upon looking at the bus routes on the Dublin Bus site, there appears to be stops that are listed in Gaelic. Any one willing or able to translate these locations?

Towards Lwr. Rathfarnham ( Nutgrove Ave.)
Aerfort Átha Claith , Seantrabh , Óstan Skylon , Stáisiún Dhroim Conrach , Sráid Uí Chonaill , Coirnéal Uí Cheallaigh , Crois Araild , Tír an Iúir , Bóthar na Gráinsí , Ráth Fearnáin Íocht (Ascaill an Gharráin Chnó)

Dublin Airport >> 10mins >> Santry >> 10mins >> Skylon Hotel >> 10mins >> Drumcondra Station >> 10mins >> O'Connell St. >> 12mins >> Kelly's Corner >> 12mins >> Harold's Cross >> 12mins >> Terenure >> 11mins >> Junction Grange Rd. >> 3mins >> Lwr. Rathfarnham ( Nutgrove Ave.)

It's under the times for the route

I'm at the Arlington by the O'connell Bridge..Are you familiar with it?

Yeah it's just off O Connell Street bridge to the left (the right before the bridge if you are walking towards the bridge from the Spire), basically any bus heading for the city centre will get you pretty much there. Depends on how much baggage you have, if you have a suitcase I would not get dublin bus as you might struggle to fit it in.

It might be easier for you to get the aircoach if you have a lot of luggage (ie large suitcase), it's pretty expensive though
Coaches to Dublin Airport , Bus Service to Dublin Airport
It stops on O Connell Street too

Dublin Bus's airlink service also allows you to carry luggage and is again pretty expensive but it goes straight to the city centre too
Airport Services - Dublin Bus

I'm at the Temple Bar Hotel on Fleet Street.

If you have a lot of luggage, the Aircoach to Trinity College would probably be best, if you don't have much luggage then any bus going to the city centre will leave you only a short walk away. The Airlink by Dublin Bus would leave you on O'Connell St and you'd have to walk from there over the bridge and Fleet Street is not too far from there

Thanks. I'm only going to have 1 suitcase and a carry-on bag, so I will probably go with the second option

:applaud: Thanks Irishteen for helping all these fellow Interlanders with bus info and directions!

No problem, I'm here to help apparently :wink:

Thanks. I'm only going to have 1 suitcase and a carry-on bag, so I will probably go with the second option

Just be careful with Dublin Bus though, there is VERY little space for buggage on the buses and the only place you could leave it would be really unsecure

Dublin Airport >> 10mins >> Santry >> 10mins >> Skylon Hotel >> 10mins >> Drumcondra Station >> 10mins >> O'Connell St. >> 12mins >> Kelly's Corner >> 12mins >> Harold's Cross >> 12mins >> Terenure >> 11mins >> Junction Grange Rd. >> 3mins >> Lwr. Rathfarnham ( Nutgrove Ave.)

It's under the times for the route

Thank you! Gotta love our native Irish. :up:

I'm totally joining you guys on the 25th because all the signs point to me winning a local radio contest to win a trip to the show.

(.... power of positive thinking and all that? Right?)

I have to be caller #10 when they play a U2 song, and at that point I win a copy of the CD and a chance to win the trip.

One U2 song an hour (which isn't hard to figure out in commercial radio), and I've only missed one so far. However, all I get are busy signals. Oh well.

Hi there,

Anyone have any luck recently on hotels? I'm staying at the Conrad but now we have more friends coming to town for the shows and we're trying to find something to accommodate everyone.. within the city centre...westbury has avail... but at 480 Euro per night...

i think it may be a lost cause at this point but figured i'd ask just in case...

I booked my trip months ago. I would think anything now would be pretty expensive, but don't the hotels charge more on the weekends anyway.

Pourfect Dublin

I get more and more excited about this trip as I get bombarded with emails regarding Ireland and travel. Hmmm I wonder why I get so much email about Ireland? :hmm:

Good luck all on the radio contests. I'm not going to bother because I'm such shite at those kinds of things. I even did poorly on the Guinness Pour contest (see link posted above)

Yeah it's just off O Connell Street bridge to the left (the right before the bridge if you are walking towards the bridge from the Spire), basically any bus heading for the city centre will get you pretty much there. Depends on how much baggage you have, if you have a suitcase I would not get dublin bus as you might struggle to fit it in.

It might be easier for you to get the aircoach if you have a lot of luggage (ie large suitcase), it's pretty expensive though
Coaches to Dublin Airport , Bus Service to Dublin Airport
It stops on O Connell Street too

Dublin Bus's airlink service also allows you to carry luggage and is again pretty expensive but it goes straight to the city centre too
Airport Services - Dublin Bus

You are just the best! :up:What is the hotel like? How has the weather been over there Im still stressing on what to bring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom