July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys for those of you coming over from U.S. get a Capital One credit card if you can, since they do not charge you an exchange rate fee.... FYI

I have one and that was the credit card I was planning on using in Dublin.

Anyone know of a good bicycle tour of Dublin to take?

Dunno about that sorry, but there used to "Literary Pub Crawls" where guides would take you around all the pubs where legendary old Irish writers used to drink, and tell you stories about them. It'd also be worth checking out.

I'm going to go and look for something to wear for the show on the 25th. It is my birthday, so I want to wear something cute. I don't know what kind of top to get. Should I go for something sleeveless or would it be too cold? Any advice would help.

Hey guys for those of you coming over from U.S. get a Capital One credit card if you can, since they do not charge you an exchange rate fee.... FYI

Good to know...thanks! I still have to call my credit card companies to see what they offer vs. the bank's exchange rate. Better get on that!

LOL I also need to update my location in my profile soon since I'm moving to Colorado at the end of June...it's going to be a crazy 6-8 weeks coming up!

Dunno about that sorry, but there used to "Literary Pub Crawls" where guides would take you around all the pubs where legendary old Irish writers used to drink, and tell you stories about them. It'd also be worth checking out.

I was there in October and the literary pub crawls were still on then, we didnt actually go on one but kinda eaves-dropped when they were in the bar we were in!!!

This whole Literary Pub Crawl is sounding like a good deal the more I read about it. Let's see, I only have one real free night, which will be Thursday night. Anyone interested in meeting up and doing this?

Link to tour: Dublin Literary Pub Crawl - walking tours of Dublin

Reviews: Dublin Literary Pub Crawl - Dublin - Reviews of Dublin Literary Pub Crawl - TripAdvisor

Facebook page: dublin literary pub crawl | Facebook

There is also a walking tour during the day that is separate from the pub crawl tour.
http://www.historicalinsights.ie/tourinformation/index.php

This whole Literary Pub Crawl is sounding like a good deal the more I read about it. Let's see, I only have one real free night, which will be Thursday night. Anyone interested in meeting up and doing this?

Reviews: Dublin Literary Pub Crawl - Dublin - Reviews of Dublin Literary Pub Crawl - TripAdvisor

There is also a walking tour during the day that is separate from the pub crawl tour.
Historical Insights Ireland | Historical Walking Tours of Dublin

Excellent, thanks for this info!

Will definitely do it, maybe on the Sunday between DUB2 and DUB3 (if I wake up in time....)

That sounds cool

ok these links just consumed hours of my evening :happy:

I spent endless hours pouring over travel books, dvd's and internet before my last trip to Ireland. It's not difficult to do but it's good to do research before going anywhere so you know what to expect and what you would like to experience during your travels. We are lucky to have the group of us sharing information!

thanks for the links, everything involving pubs is good.. But on thursday night will be gathering so I think I'd do that on Sunday..

I'm finally getting everything together on what I want to see and when I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom