July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes they cause me more stress than work. :lol:

(I'm feeling much better lately, I promise! :panic: )
:lol: it will all work out, cori... good karma only to good people :)

So imagine the look on security's face when I opened the bottle and drank the whole thing, instead of throwing it out!:lol:
did you belch in front of him too? :D

Can not wait for this show! Minneapolis is my home/birth city and I just can not wait! I just got back from Chicago, Montreal, and Toronto! So here's my story, I get in at 4:54 am to MSP, (being extremely optimistic about the weather) Would it be crazy of me to go straight to the stadium LOL :hyper: I wonder if I will be able to make it all day. What time are people going to be getting in line do you guys and girls think?
I can not wait! I am so excited to meet MN fans, this is my first U2 show there ever!:heart:

I think you'll be in good company to if you do.

Has anyone heard back from security? I hope they have a plan to keep people cool in line.

Leaning Tower 6pm onward Friday July 22 get-together list:
(copy and add yourself)

kramwest1 (Mark and Heather)
ryancoke71(Amy and Sean)
Zoney! (zonelistener) and Schmeg (Jeff and Megan)
corianderstem (Alicia) (maybe with 2 or 3 more, but maybe not)
KristenCaNaDiAn (Kristen)
kellyahern (Kelly)
ARW (Amanda)
Bono_212 (Ashley) and LemonMelon (Travis) tentatively
secretly alone (Val) + 1
bonocomet (Cathleen)
Bono Mot (Susi) and jayesbaby (Debbie)
vjacqb (Alma) and cjreeds (Connie)
GopherMacPhisto (Paul) +2
rosephile (Sara) probably +1-2
Edgefest + entourage of 6

(copy and add yourself)

ryancoke71(Amy and Sean)
kellyahern (Kelly)
ARW (Amanda)
secretly alone (Val) + 1
bonocomet (Cathleen)
I Move in Mysterious Ways (Rich) + 1

Has anyone heard back from security? I hope they have a plan to keep people cool in line.

I'll chime in on this one :wave: (I've been lurking, but not posting in this thread). I sent an email yesterday to the stadium to ask how they'll handle line disputes if someone starts their own list days in advance vs. people who show up the morning of. All I got was this:

Thank you for your email. The earliest people can start lining up for the U2 concert is 6 a.m. on the day of the event. There will be no camping out for the concert. There will be police outside of the stadium where people are lining up for the concert.

Seems like a standard (but somewhat unhelpful) response...

(copy and add yourself)

ryancoke71(Amy and Sean)
kellyahern (Kelly)
ARW (Amanda)
secretly alone (Val) + 1
bonocomet (Cathleen)
I Move in Mysterious Ways (Rich) + 1
heartisabloom (Sarah) + 1

Hi, all! I'm new to the forums, but met a few of you guys at the Celtic Crossing in Chicago. My sister and I will be at the Minneapolis and Pittsburgh shows. Can't wait to meet some more awesome U2 fans!

Sarah

I'll chime in on this one :wave: (I've been lurking, but not posting in this thread). I sent an email yesterday to the stadium to ask how they'll handle line disputes if someone starts their own list days in advance vs. people who show up the morning of. All I got was this:

Thank you for your email. The earliest people can start lining up for the U2 concert is 6 a.m. on the day of the event. There will be no camping out for the concert. There will be police outside of the stadium where people are lining up for the concert.

Seems like a standard (but somewhat unhelpful) response...

They have no experience with a large show. So some people might try and take advantage of that. Don't sweat it and enjoy the show!

My boss came in today and asked if I saw the paper over the weekend with U2 in it. She went on and on about the size of the stage and asked where my "seats" where located. Silly girl. Red zone baby! She didn't get it at all. But I felt like it was a good time to remind her that I need to leave really, really early on Sat. She said that was fine as long as my main job is done. (I'm a pastry chef with really yucky early morning hours on Sat. So my job will be done by 9 am after 5-6 hours of work :barf: ). So now my major panic of the day is over now that she's accepted this. I'm usually not done until 12-1:00 but my assistant can cover for me. Whew...

oh and if you see someone passed out on the sidewalk with cake batter or buttercream all over them just ignore. That will be me taking a nap :yawn: :crack: I'm going to be so tired but it's going to be soooo worth it!

oh and if you see someone passed out on the sidewalk with cake batter or buttercream all over them just ignore. That will be me taking a nap :yawn: :crack: I'm going to be so tired but it's going to be soooo worth it!

:D

Did anyone find a cheap source for those pop-up sunshades?

so, i'm very new to this site (fan/concertgoer since early 80s) - hi all - i'm getting great info just scanning your posts, but just saw one that concerned me and skipped ahead - i AM flying on saturday from SF, and won't get in till around 4:30 -weather permitting UGH. (know i won't get a great spot - just want to dance and sing for my last stint on this tour). i do not know my way around Minneapolis. i plan on taking a cab to stadium from hotel downtown - is there a better way? maybe skip hotel altogether and just get to the stadium? think it'll be a zoo? wish i could make it to one of the meet-ups.... thanks.

so, i'm very new to this site (fan/concertgoer since early 80s) - hi all - i'm getting great info just scanning your posts, but just saw one that concerned me and skipped ahead - i AM flying on saturday from SF, and won't get in till around 4:30 -weather permitting UGH. (know i won't get a great spot - just want to dance and sing for my last stint on this tour). i do not know my way around Minneapolis. i plan on taking a cab to stadium from hotel downtown - is there a better way? maybe skip hotel altogether and just get to the stadium? think it'll be a zoo? wish i could make it to one of the meet-ups.... thanks.

Take the light rail to downtown (there's only one route/line, you won't get lost), and either bus or cab from there instead, you'll save a lot.

Yeah take the light rail. It's much cheaper. If you take it to the Metrodome you'll easily find a cab or bus to the U of M campus. There's other places you could get off but that's a good stopping point and it's not too far into downtown yet.

Anything other than driving yourself. the construction for the light rail in the area, and road construction, are going to make it a bit of a challenge. If you take a cab just get reasonable close to the stadium and walk the rest. But the cab drivers here don't speak english....so good luck with that. Car service would be better...or light rail from the airport. You will have to go to terminal 2 to catch the light rail at the airport (I assume you are flying Delta?). Southwest is in terminal 2. Just so you are prepared once you get off the plane.

GA, please! No clusterfuck! Let those that do their time properly in line get to go in first, and no stampeding.

So, I emailed TCF Bank two days ago, not about the Chicago "we're gonna get you out of the sun" incident, because people familiar with the stadium were saying how TCF is too small to have a concourse (also, we just got really lucky in Chicago, I guess)

In my email to TCF, I quoted and linked the atu2blog's post on Montreal's horrible GA line, while telling them that atu2blog is a popular fansite, which hopefully makes it reputable in their eyes. I also recounted (subtly suggested :lol:) how some stadiums like Soldier Field lets the GA line in small groups at a time to prevent a stampede.

No replies from them, but hopefully this messgae is going past the PR puppets to top brass and security. TCF (like many other stadiums, and especially being a college stadium) will probably not expect U2's GA line to get so hardcore and so early on.

If you think this is a good idea, go ahead and email TCF Bank Stadium about your other good GA experiences (specifically mention tangible things, like "metal barricades"). But hurry. We need all the time for this subtle suggestion to diffuse up to top brass and for them to do something about it by Friday/Saturday!

I have emailed head of security and all office staff twice now and have heard nothing back...the volunteers they are getting for ticket taking is going to overwhelm them....makes me wonder if they are going to ignore us in GA line...just a thought

I don't know why people don't put hot-links in these types of lists. When listing where a type of ticket is to enter the stadium/field, is it that hard to hyperlink it to the map?

Anyway, it's a small stadium and you can walk around the outside of it in 5 or 10 minutes. It won't be hard to know where to get in with whatever ticket you have.

(I still am curious where Lincoln County comes in. I don't think we even have a Lincoln Cty in MN.)
ETA--oh, we do, but it's no where near Minneapolis.

Each of the doors there are named after counties in MN....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom