July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to calm my own paranoia, the show is tomorrow night, WEDNESDAY? And today is only Tuesday...:doh:

the amount of nightmares i will have tonight because my ticket says July 19th should be off the charts.

I have 2 GA's and would love to swap them for good seats somewhere near the stage on either side of the venue. Anyone with 2 tickets interested? I know it's the 11th hour. Taking a shot...

Private message me if you are. Goes straight to my e-mail which i check constantly.

I will have to concur with XBL - beyond newbies and the long-term GA campers who will always queue early, the line will NOT grow as fast as Philly - even in Philly people still got there at 5PM night of show and got in the circle, or near the outer rail right next to people who queued all night. If you get there by doors open, you will be fine.

I'm not really going for U2, just for Interpol. They rock. Is the "The U2" band any good?

DanU2 - thanks for the input. I've been doing this GA shinizzle with U2 for years and personally, I much more enjoyed when they had seats on the floor. Maybe I'm getting old, but I enjoyed getting to the Popmart shows around 530pm and not worrying about all this shinizzle.

New York/NJ lines are the slowest GA lines you will see. Why because no one whose got a GA in New York can be bothered to leave work early and wait online. Especially those who overpaid for their tickets on ebay.

I like this fan cam they have now, you can see all the U2 GA LineNaxi crazies who are up front for every single show. I'm glad that they can take three weeks off work to do this. It's there choice, but it is rather click-ish, and rather humorous too.

I think I'm going to take a marker and write 8,456 on my hand tomorrow and show it to the person who is #89 or #156 or something and say Wow, I just got here...

Fancam is taken from the catwalk so you can't see up front anymore.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I got in the GA line in Philly at 3:30 and ended up 8 to 10 people from the stage, center stage. When I entered the circle, I could have been behind just 1 or 2 people from the stage Edge side. And we could have been 1 or 2 from the back rail on that side. We got in line late enough they didn't even give us a number (since they gave wristbands to the first 1000 at noon that day...

With the heat tomorrow, I dont plan to get in the GA line until 3-ish again. I'm driving up to NJ tomorrow a.m.

(fwiw at fed ex in DC in 2009 I arrived at 7 pm and ended up 4 people from the stage Edge-side. If you want inner circle, it's worth asking about it no matter when you arrive.)

no two venues are alike in regards to getting certain spots.. Even comparing the shows from'09 at the old giants stadium to this.. It's truly a crapshoot.. And the majority will not arrive early in the am but later on however, you still have to factor in how the venue security is going to let us all in.. It can change at the last second..

Hey, I'm doing GA solo. Anyone want to meet up and hang a bit in line & at the show?

Sand - what do you mean about "asking about inner circle"? Is that not determined by who arrives first?

You have to enter the circle at the right or left of the catwalk... Security is there. Ask them if there is room in the circle. Not everyone in the line chooses the inner circle. Many prefer to stand on the outer rail.

Anyone know where they enter the stadium? Had a bad experience in Philly and wanna make sure I find the spot this time so I'm not shoved - Also, anyone stage dooring Spider Man tonight?

oneskirt said:
Hey, I'm doing GA solo. Anyone want to meet up and hang a bit in line & at the show?

Sand - what do you mean about "asking about inner circle"? Is that not determined by who arrives first?

Of course, you won't need to ask if there's room if you get in line before they let the GA line into the stadium...

I went to the Philly concert on my own ;first time solo to a concert) and met great people in line. We ended up standing together during the concert. You'll have a great time!

Here's a simple question for those of you who have seen this leg of the tour. When they play The Fly, do they have video screens with the "subliminal messages" on them like they did on Zoo TV?

Every Fly clip i've seen on here and youtube show close ups of the band and no lighting or video screens in the clip.

Of course, if they drop it again in favor of Magnificent, all this is moot.:doh:

I have 2 GA's and would love to swap them for good seats somewhere near the stage on either side of the venue. Anyone with 2 tickets interested? I know it's the 11th hour. Taking a shot...

Private message me if you are. Goes straight to my e-mail which i check constantly.

Do you want to be behind the stage?

Anyone with seats up for crashing the GA line tomorrow? I want to see them get all pissed off and feeblely try to get me to move and talk about lines and lists and fair is fair and have a heart attack from the stress of having one person in front of them during the show. Then once the doors open we just walk off cause we have seats, and we don't give a shit and I'm just a dick like that.
I also want to see my picture get plastered all over facebook.

Anyone with seats up for crashing the GA line tomorrow? I want to see them get all pissed off and feeblely try to get me to move and talk about lines and lists and fair is fair and have a heart attack from the stress of having one person in front of them during the show. Then once the doors open we just walk off cause we have seats, and we don't give a shit and I'm just a dick like that.
I also want to see my picture get plastered all over facebook.

No thanks, I will be too busy drowning in beer in the parking lot.:wave:

At the previous 2 Jersey shows I had GA. The first night I got onto the floor 5 minutes before Space Oddity and was stuck at about midfield. The view was ok but the energy not so great.

Second night we got there at I think around 5:30 and we got inside the circle and about 5 deep from Adam. Energy here was off the charts.

Tomorrow night (assuming the tickets come through) I was planning on getting to the parking lot around 4:30, tailgate till 6:30 and head in. Will I be too late to get inside the circle?

If it was just me I'd get there by 12 but I'm going with casual fans who don't want to hang out that long.

FYI - for those that still need to pick up your GA standing (non Red Zone) tickets at the Will call. I just called the guest services. They are not opening the box office tomorrow until 4pm (in a special trailer location). If you have to pick up your ticket, you cannot get it until 4pm. Or you can pick it up today at the regular box office until 5pm today, which is what I plan to do.

If anyone wants to meet up, just PM me. I hope to get there between 3-3:30-ish.

Steve, you're in the seats? I figured you a GA guy.

I don't want the headache of having to plan this shit out.

Plus too many douchey financial guys from mid town in the pit for my liking and it's hard to make a quick piss run during Stuck in a Moment or Pride when you're standing. I did GA the last time they were in NJ and realized I didn't really like it anymore.

I did it on Elevation and loved it. Maybe I'm too old for this shit.

I don't know where I'll be until I am there.

Check this thread tomorrow at like 4pm and I will do my best to describe where I am.

I plan to wear my PopMart shirt - navy blue with a lemon in the shopping cart.

anyone is free to pop by and drink with me.:hyper:

5 foot 10, thin, goatee and extremely handsome...can't miss me.

Ill be there by 4.. Look for the short guy running across the parking lot with the line nazi's clip board

I don't want the headache of having to plan this shit out.

Plus too many douchey financial guys from mid town in the pit for my liking and it's hard to make a quick piss run during Stuck in a Moment or Pride when you're standing. I did GA the last time they were in NJ and realized I didn't really like it anymore.

I did it on Elevation and loved it. Maybe I'm too old for this shit.

Yeah, I hear you about the douchey financial guys. They are usually the same guys who get a bunch of good tix and hold them hostage for 4 times the price or more.

I've been to maybe 20 shows on the floor since POPMART, 2 out of 11 in the seats on Vertigo.

I don't mind watching a show from the seats when I'm doing back to back to back shows cause it's draining, but the energy is just not the same.

Line for the GA started at 30 State Rt 17 Rutherford, NJ any other line is run by imposters! NJ#u2360nj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom