July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was thinking of saying "Line Nazis" instead of "line leaders", but I thought that would be a bit rude. ;) I hope everyone has a great show, regardless of whether they are doing GA or not.

And I am so glad the show isn't today-- Supposed to be strong thunderstorms from 6 pm onward... that would not be fun in the line or stadium!

Nazi's about sums it up :happy:

You are correct. I was very surprised to show up at 10:45 and be 484 on line. Definitely the earliest line up I've ever seen on GA.

I think I'm going to get in line and rave about how much I'm there to see Interpol (even though I have no clue what they've sung) and have never seen a U2 show. Ask the people around me for some tips...

Miami will be representin, flying in on the 20th, meeting up with old-college friends, gonna catch some grub at Kat'z (a first for me), enjoy my final U2 360 gig at the New Meadowlands Stadium, hopefully with luck hear either "Bad" or "All I want Is You" or "Out of Control" (all a first for me as well), ...flying back the 21st at 0600am. Can't wait!

Checked into the Fairfield next to the Stadium - I'll be walking like I did two years ago - Kind of sad not seeing Giants Stadium

one4u2 said:
It's very unfinished and industrial although that was last summer..

The stadium is very much finished. Much nicer than the old stadium. Maybe not as much character, but nice none the least.

Getting in line for GA 48+ hours in advance is lunacy. I hope they enjoy the 110 degree heat indexes followed by severe thunderstorms expected tonight.

whatever floats the old proverbial boat.

wow I can't believe people are lining up out there already! any idea what the number is up to? I wasn't planning to get there until Wednesday 8am.. ughh :huh:

Couldn't agree more. I'll settle for getting in line at 3:30 on concert day like Philly and ending up in the middle of the pit, center stage... :). And we were blessed with amazing weather in Philly.

If people are "checking in" just once a day, hopefully most people wouldnt be there. That said, this way of lining up is insane in my opinion. As hot as it is going to be, I'm not sure I'm getting in line for this concert as early as I did in Philadelphia. A friend who has never been to a U2 concert is coming with me and I don't want her to have a miserable experience. We will have umbrellas in line, that's for sure!

Perhaps those camping out 2 days in advance will lose their smug:lol:gness when their tents float away in a raging river due to major summer storm.

I have regular seats (never had an opportunity for GA), but I plan to arrive about 3pm the LATEST and tailgate like I've been waiting 2.5 years since I bought the damn tickets...wait a tick..:lol:

The stadium is very much finished. Much nicer than the old stadium. Maybe not as much character, but nice none the least.

Getting in line for GA 48+ hours in advance is lunacy. I hope they enjoy the 110 degree heat indexes followed by severe thunderstorms expected tonight.

whatever floats the old proverbial boat.

Haven't been to the stadium since Bon Jovi so it's obviously been finished by now...

and yes I agree with the proverbial boat comment...pathetic actually.. people dont own this band or the rights to dictate how a line is run... just sayin'

Hey, if I had the ability to take off for three days and camp out for a show so I could be first in line and right on the rail, I might consider it, provided I had daily access to a hotel to shower and all that stuff. But the second I see high 90s with chance of severe thunderstorms, that's all folks.

Love of the band is one thing. putting your health on the line is another.

only time I camped out all day for GA I was on vertigo and I came away with very bad sunburn on my legs and was on intense pain for days. Never again.

Wait a minute...could somebody explain the lining up now for GA thing to me? Is this for people who want to be up close or is it for all GA ticket holders? And what are "line leaders?" Do they work for the stadium? I've mostly seen U2 with GA tickets and at one of the Boston shows, waltzed in during PJ Harvey's set and still got a great spot. Now I'm rethinking this GA thing. Has something changed drastically since the last tour? This is my first and only 360.

:heart:,

Love of the band is one thing. putting your health on the line is another.

only time I camped out all day for GA I was on vertigo and I came away with very bad sunburn on my legs and was on intense pain for days. Never again.

Yes I agree but I dont think they are staying there for 3 days just checking in and what not....

The sunburn scares me that sux..

Need an explanation regarding GA line. What happens if I show up the earliest I can, say 10am Wednesday, and someone shows up at 11.30, tells me they have a number from Tuesday. They get to go ahead of me in line???? If that is the case then good luck with that. Flying in from Miami and would not be a happy camper.

Need an explanation regarding GA line. What happens if I show up the earliest I can, say 10am Wednesday, and someone shows up at 11.30, tells me they have a number from Tuesday. They get to go ahead of me in line???? If that is the case then good luck with that. Flying in from Miami and would not be a happy camper.

No I think those who already have #s will be there at 5 am but dont quote me on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom