July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Headache> you might be right

and

my concern which is just a very specific very bad timing personal one

Bruce Is waiting til wednesday

:lol:

that's what I was thinking /hoping!!!!!

ONLY............

if Bruce actually
turns up on stage

(omg my sis who got us our seats orignally
will freak!!!! in a good way)

it'll probably be bitter sweet b/c of :sad: Clarence

and my poor sweet sis who's deeply
mourning the death of our dad --
I didn't tell her that Clarance had died
(it happend soon after or just before we founs out our dad was going to die in about 2 weeks-which he did our dad )

We've seen Bruce/E ST for decades!

Since she has not mentioned it to me
and beleive me she would call me up crying
then I'd start to cry

99.9% sure she does NOT know

:uhoh: I'm not looking foward to that
shouild it transpire that way

I am talking to mah self........mahself...........mahsel......

:blahblah::blahblah: :lol:

but i'd been soooo wired :panic: about getting a GA for Phily
I did and sucessdully get on or near the outer rail and finally taking the kind good photos odf U2 that's I've never had luck
with before ( somewhat good in 09 first GA)
but with a totoally new camera with 12x optical zoom
i was able to get some fantastic Stage photos plus on the bridges...........

I have had NO time (w/O net at home) to
jump in here TILL now!

should be outta here :crack:

Headache

were UF's 3 gigs sucessful (turnout)?

saving up for a GA and camera quashed the UF gigs for me
any word on when they'll ne back? sept?

Ok folks, the NJ GA line has started. Here's the info I was asked to post:

Line was originally in the stadium parking lot in front of the west gate to stadium, but security made them move off premises. So the people running the line are currently parked on side of the road across from the Timex building (NY Giants training facility), right before the entrance ramp that leads from the stadium complex to West Route 3. (FYI, Timex building is next to Giants stadium and is part of the Meadowlands Sports Complex). Check in once a day after signing up, then there will be roll call at 5 am on Wed morning.

The location of the line may change after stadium lots open this morning, if allowed back on premises. Will post any updated info I receive!

Line was originally in the stadium parking lot in front of the west gate to stadium, but security made them move off premises. So the people running the line are currently parked on side of the road across from the Timex building (NY Giants training facility), right before the entrance ramp that leads from the stadium complex to West Route 3. (FYI, Timex building is next to Giants stadium and is part of the Meadowlands Sports Complex). Check in once a day after signing up, then there will be roll call at 5 am on Wed morning.

The location of the line may change after stadium lots open this morning, if allowed back on premises. Will post any updated info I receive!

Already? Do people work? Unless they are going before that's crazy :crack:

This is what is ridiculous about U2 GA fan lines. The line is "on the side of the road across from the Timex building, blah, blah, blah". How the hell is anyone supposed to figure that out?

And the whole check in once a day? So whose the unlucky schmo that is staying in this "line" all day today and tomorrow?

I remember back at U2 Vertigo 2nd show at Meadowlands Arena in May. We started a line at 5am. Then these 11 schmos come over and say they started the line the night before and were sleeping over at Giants Stadium. So they move up to the front of the line. Then when we go in, the chick who was #1 expected to get buzzed into the ellipse but didn't. She stood there whining that #1 was guaranteed to get into the middle. Ha. Funny...

I'll enjoy getting there rather late afternoon on Wednesday and standing right behind those who waited for days...

Meeting band after gig?

I've been kind of away from the gossip on this tour, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the band has been stopping to chat with fans after the shows? Thanks!

This is what is ridiculous about U2 GA fan lines. The line is "on the side of the road across from the Timex building, blah, blah, blah". How the hell is anyone supposed to figure that out?

And the whole check in once a day? So whose the unlucky schmo that is staying in this "line" all day today and tomorrow?

For better or for worse, the "get a number and check-in" system has been used at pretty much every show on this US leg. I don't know who started it or why it was started (instead of the old get a number and stay in line system), but that's the way the line leaders for the NJ show want to run things. The only thing that I can suggest is that if you have a problem with this system, please go to the stadium and talk to whoever's running the list.... Also, the check-in once a day is not as strict as in some other cities (ie, Montreal where there were apparently 4 check-ins a day at specific times), and was intended to make things easier for those who live in NYC. People who live in Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx likely do NOT have cars, and public transportation is incredibly difficult (apart from teh day of the show, when the train goes directly to the stadium), so the line leaders decided to make a once a day check-in.

As at past shows, there is a group of fans who are willing to sacrifice vacation days and sleep in order to keep the list going at all hours. I am sorry that the venue kicked people off-site, and made the list difficult to find, but I know that the line leaders are hoping that will change today to make it easier for people to spot. They will be parked in the vicinity of the West Gate, either on or off the property, since that's where the tickets say GA will go in. Also, last night, venue security actually directed someone who was looking for the line to the spot where the leader was parked so that she could get on the list. So maybe they'll be doing that for the next day or so...

As I said before, I will post updated location info as soon as I get it. Again, sorry if the system seems unfair to you-- I've certainly disagreed with a lot of the line stuff I've seen, and haven't hesitated to make my opinion known. This check-in system has become the norm for this leg, for whatever reason, but I also preferred when people were expected to stay in line from when they lined up, since it kept the line from forming 4 days ahead of time... But that's not happening in North America this leg....

socruel7 said:
I've been kind of away from the gossip on this tour, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the band has been stopping to chat with fans after the shows? Thanks!

Before the shows usually around 4ish

Already? Do people work? Unless they are going before that's crazy :crack:

Yes, people do work-- Some take vacation days to line up, others take advantage of the new "check-in" system so they can go to work as long as they go out to the stadium and check in once a day, and then line up on Wednesday starting at 5 am for roll call.

I don't necessarily agree w/ the check-in system, and I do think it makes the lines start way earlier than they should, but for whatever reason that's what's been happening at all the US shows on this leg. :shrug:

Yes, people do work-- Some take vacation days to line up, others take advantage of the new "check-in" system so they can go to work as long as they go out to the stadium and check in once a day, and then line up on Wednesday starting at 5 am for roll call.

I don't necessarily agree w/ the check-in system, and I do think it makes the lines start way earlier than they should, but for whatever reason that's what's been happening at all the US shows on this leg. :shrug:

Thanks for the updates *Ally*. Please keep us posted! This will be my last show of this tour and I am hoping to get down there by very late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Personally, I preferred the old fashioned way of the previous tours as well but it is what it is. With any luck I can still get a decent number in line! I'm really looking forward to this show.

I hear ya and I am quite aware of whats been the protocol for this leg and its just ridiculous... but Line leaders? ok then :crack: its a concert people should just go get in line day of or whatever and call it a day....I just have an issue with people creating rules for a show and I dont even line up early..it is what it is...hope everyone enjoys regardless :)

I was done with the GA line up business a long time ago. It was going to the Kings Of Leon concert this past November @ MSG. I got there about 15-30 minutes before the doors opens and got on the front rail.

I actually prefer the GA procedure at stadiums. Why? Because you can still be 2000th and get a great spot. I got in line for the two Giants Stadium shows in '09 around 4-430pm. We got front rail on Adam's side (to the right of Adam). I will be showing up at the same time also. And the only reason why I'm not showing up later is because I have to drive over two bridges to get to the show to get from Long Island to NJ.

And be glad the show isn't Thursday. Heat Indices on that day are supposed to be near 110.

Yeah, despite it still being hot as hell, Wednesday will be the best day weather-wise for a show all week, so that's fortunate. I'm getting there on the first train from Secaucus in the afternoon, should be fine.

Im coming from the island as well..the whole week is supposed to have a heatwave with Wednesday being the mildest :|

I like reserved seats - Even after having a rail in Montreal, the seats (if they are good) provide less stress, a view of the claw (lots of diehards who just do GA don't experience the awesomeness) and the sound is so much better - doing lower bowl for Jersey and the Pitts

I hear ya and I am quite aware of whats been the protocol for this leg and its just ridiculous... but Line leaders? ok then :crack: its a concert people should just go get in line day of or whatever and call it a day....I just have an issue with people creating rules for a show and I dont even line up early..it is what it is...hope everyone enjoys regardless :)

Well, I was thinking of saying "Line Nazis" instead of "line leaders", but I thought that would be a bit rude. ;) I hope everyone has a great show, regardless of whether they are doing GA or not.

And I am so glad the show isn't today-- Supposed to be strong thunderstorms from 6 pm onward... that would not be fun in the line or stadium!

Also - Dazz, no get-together this year. Also I'm glad I'm not doing GA. Have already had two incredible GAs in my dream spot in pit right in front of DHE, and one on outer rail right in front of him too. Out of 11 shows I'm satisfied. Other fans deserve a chance too - not so greedy I have to do them all like that.

Does anyone know what time the doors open at the Meadowlands?
That is, what time you can actually walk into the stadium?

For 09 I recall it was somewhere around 5:30ish.

I'm coming over from midtown in afternoon on the train from Seacucus and absolutely hate hanging around outside the stadium.

Would rather be inside enjoying a nice COLD BEER! :lol:

Thanks much to all for info already posted! :wave:

Perhaps I missed this somewhere. What exactly does/would Jay Z do with U2? Someone mentioned SBS...Did Jay Z do something w/ SBS?:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom