July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just compared VIA to flying. I found a Westjet flight for $49!:ohmy:

That was not the exact date, but I did it from a Sunday to a Monday. They are not booking into July 2011 yet. VIA was between $80 and $100. I was assuming rail would be cheaper!!

I just compared VIA to flying. I found a Westjet flight for $49!:ohmy:

That was not the exact date, but I did it from a Sunday to a Monday. They are not booking into July 2011 yet. VIA was between $80 and $100. I was assuming rail would be cheaper!!

Was that for a flight in the summer? I'm guess I'll do whatever is cheaper. I'm going to spend tomorrow looking into hotels and flights and stuff just to get prices.

Anyone recommend a hotel?

It was a date in June. If you watch, you can get seat sales. I want to do these shows really badly. I need to decided soon!!!!:huh:

The best is the one at the Rogers Centre. However, the prices are ridiculious.:huh: I think Kristen said she stayed at the Intercontinental. She said it was a 5 minute walk.

The hotels are very pricey in the area. I just checked several. I am looking at an avg. of $700 US for a total of 3 nights. I checked the Intercontinental, the Radisson Harbor Front, the Renaissance will most likely be the same if not more. I might just keep to the original plan I had and stay at a hostel down the road.

I stayed at the Renaissance a few weeks ago. It is nice but I did not like that there wasn't wifi.

Oh and I checked the Hilton Garden Inn too and that was running around the same price as above. :angry:

I stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown a couple of weeks ago and it was great! Just a two minute walk to the Rogers Centre, very fresh and nice suite with full kitchen, good free full breakfast and free wireless and wired internet, plus a pool.

Cool. I'm going to look into that hotel today. If anyone wants to room together let me know.

I know. :sad: I can't believe that was almost a year ago.

We have 5 shows together, I think, to make up for it.

I just booked too nights at the Radisson Admiral on Queens Quay.

I figured that the Renaissance, the InterContinental, and the Fairmont would be too expensive for me.

It's only $150 CAD per night.:up:

It's also quite close to stadium and right on harborfront.

^was that an advanced purchase rate?

I went ahead and booked there too but I did not do the advanced purchased rate. I booked with my AAA rate at $188.10 CAD/night and if something happens, I can cancel up until 4pm on 10 Jul 2011 without penalty.

Right now the Renaissance is allowing you to book until the 10th of July 2011. I am sure by the end of this week the rest of the that week will be open for reservations. Standard rates without advanced purchase right now for a 2 bedroom there is $179CAD/night. I will check back during the week to see if additional dates open up.

^was that an advanced purchase rate?

I went ahead and booked there too but I did not do the advanced purchased rate. I booked with my AAA rate at $188.10 CAD/night and if something happens, I can cancel up until 4pm on 10 Jul 2011 without penalty.

Yes, Iris, that was the advance purchase rate. I always go for the advance purchase rate, if I know I'm going to stay there.:)

I know the Renaissance is ideal for everyone, but I want to keep things as economical for me as possible. After all, I am going to 10 other shows, plus possibly Rome.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom