It's official This is it - nervousness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
If you remember, I was talking about taking an English class (FCE if anyone's familiar)...well 2 more sessions to go -

and there will also be a test of Speaking, Listening, Writing, Reading and Use of English skills.

This Saturday Speaking and Listening part will take place.

Then on Dec 10th the rest of them will be up.

So...if you have a moment, send some good vibes out ok?

I'm most nervous about the Speaking part, because I get "stage fright" and talk too little, or have various "erm" - like breaks in between.

No, by Use of English I didn't mean I'll be talking about slang words I learned in here. :D

Aww Maja! Honestly, your English is outstanding, you will do exceptionally, after all, it is not your nerves you are being tested on, but your grasp of this somewhat ludicrous language.

You cant beat nerves unfortunately and I hope they dont overcome you on the day.
:hug: you dont need luck when you are good, remember that!

But good luck anyway!!!!

:heart:

I think you'll do great - you communicate wonderfully here on the board! Praying for peace and confidence during your test, and sending a great big :hug: your way

:wave:

mojo i think you're english is better than mine. seriously if you don't kick serious amounts of ass on these tests i will be amazed.

good luck!!! :)

AW

*peeks quicky into the thread*

Thanks a lot to everyone - it's one thing to write in English and completely another to talk! Plus add the any-kind-of-test stage fright factor, talking-in-front-of-people-grading-you HUGE anti-me factor.
On the other hand, I am getting more and more comfortable talking to our teacher - like when we take a break or ask him non-course stuff. But I'm used to talking to him, and at the test I'll be talking to a bunch of strangers. :shrug:

Well - I'm glad I can present your language well here. :) It's great to hear natives like what I do with English.

ps: for all the smilie fans, our teacher also used the :huh: smilie once when grading my work LOL.
Today I got verrrrry praised for some written homework I had done. :happy:

So shall I tell you later how I did at the test? It does take a few weeks till I get the grades back.

Ah dont worry girl

I have french and spanish exams this week and next week and the week after that

today i did my spanish speaking and it wasnt that bad- i was calm and relaxed and my french is on friday

Next week i have a 2 hour paper which is a comprehension- reading & responding and a prose for both languages

the week after that i have another 2 hour paper which is literature question and another hour to do questions on a region in france and spain

And i did my listenings this week too!!

Talk about busy!!!

Im just being nice and relaxed about the whole thing......your english is great anyway!!!!

Oooo Aaaah Oooo Aaaah
Good vibes coming your way.

You will do just fine! Have fun with it!

:up:

:hug: again

Please post an update if you dont mind when you get your results! If you dont want to, no problem! But at least let us now how relieved you are when its over!!

Good luck chook!

Maja, don't worry girl because I am sure you will do very very well! Your English is so much better than mine, you have no idea, and this is my native language!

here's some positive thoughts coming your way, though I doubt you need them! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom