Istanbul Setlist party II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6th September 2010 Ataturk stadium Istanbul, Turkey

Tonight’s setlist:

Intro/ Space oddity

1. Return of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / My Sweet Lord (Snippet)
3. New Year’s Day
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. Pride(In The Name Of Love)
11. In A Little While
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. City Of Blinding Lights
14. Vertigo
15. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) / Discotheque (snippet) / John I’m Only Dancing (Snippet)
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (Snippet)
17. Mothers Of The Dissapeared with Turkish singer Zulfu Livaneli, one of his songs being played afterwards
18. Walk On / You’ll Never Walk Alone
<Desmond Tutu Speech>

Encore:
19. One / Whatever gets you to the other side (Snippet)
20. Amazing Grace (Snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name

21. Ultra Violet
22. With Or Without You
23. Moment Of Surrender
:applaud::applaud::applaud:
...So, how did no one recognize Ultraviolet?

...It's almost disappointing to know. I want The Fly, dammit!

Also, from now on, I'm not asking people to take bets on what they think the encore will be.

I suspect that all the others used Matt's tweets as a source. Perhaps his didn't go through cyberspace, or he forgot to send it. I don't know that right now.

Gotta love modern technology.

Yeah, and since Ax is still ill Matt was forced to post directly to twitter which can be difficult at an event like that.

PS. Get well Ax!

Yeah, and since Ax is still ill Matt was forced to post directly to twitter which can be difficult at an event like that.

PS. Get well Ax!

Actually that's not hard at all. You link up your phone and tweet directly by texting to twitter's number that is set up for you. I know, I did it for them in Paris last year as Ax didn't have credit and it was cheaper for me to do. :wink:

As expected, UV.

Still, good to finally hear. Thank you to Matt for all the updates.
(and the awesome rehearsal clips!!!!)

What's wrong with Axver? Sending chicken soup his way :)

Thanks Matt :bow:

And GG, you weren't right on song 10 now, were you? :tongue: :wink: :hug:

Thanks for the update Rose, and everyone else for the tweets and the party. :lol: Especially the last bit was grand fun.

:wave: Bedtime for me. Ciao!

Phew, I wouldn't have thought I can be so glad to see the two letters U and V finally appear on the screen :doh:

As expected, may I add. But the whole confusion was hilarious :lol:

Sadly now I cannot add the joke I wanted to make about "Mothers of the disappeared song" :sad:

Good night, I have to finish my work. What a strange night.

What's wrong with Axver? Sending chicken soup his way :)

Thanks Matt :bow:

And GG, you weren't right on song 10 now, were you? :tongue: :wink: :hug:

True, I wasn't. :grumpy: Damn PITNOL for making me be wrong. And I want Glasto back! :madwife: First new song since NLOTH2 that has me falling in love with it head over heels, and now they stopped playing it! :sad: I'm heartbroken! Please please PLEASE U2 bring it back in Brussels?

Anyone have any clue about the mysterious Turkish song? What the title was? Please let U2gigs know. I'm going to bed. :wink:

Goodnight GG :hug:
bedtime.gif

With the soundcheck from today giving us MOTD, there's hope for Mercy, maybe night 2 for the Swiss???? Love those double nights in one city, Helsinki II was crazy good. Can you imagine how good SOA is going to be or another album with all of this unreleased stuff being played???? :drool:

Back
Top Bottom