Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Coldplay, The Killers, Miley and the new song. :) I also like Boots minus Sexy Boots.

The production is really good.

And I love the U2 fan hype production. Everything new is the best thing ever!

Was there a mention somewhere in one of the interviews/articles that the crowd chanting might be in the album version?

In that video clip on the U2 Facebook page that's floating around, I thought the chanting/singing worked really well within the context of the song.

I think the suggestion was that it happened spontaneously after U2 stopped playing, and they liked it and included it in the ad (per the teaser), not the actual recording of the song (although might be wrong/you never know).

I think the suggestion was that it happened spontaneously after U2 stopped playing, and they liked it and included it in the ad (per the teaser), not the actual recording of the song (although might be wrong/you never know).

Ha. That sounds about right, considering how many times the crowd likely had to listen to the song throughout the shoot. :lol:

This version won't make it in the album, right? (Altough I really love it), but I'm thinking that the album version will be a little less "eletronic"...

PS: Anyone over here is thinking about buying lanterns for the upcoming tour? :lol::lol: and that this song would be awsome as an "closing song", with people singing the chorus over and over?

Haven't read the last 25 pages of the thread yet, because I've only just now heard the song, but I get a very "Mercy" vibe from at least the first part of the song. :hmm:

I was posting in the other thread, but figured I might as well move it to the appropriate thread.

On several listens, I'm not that impressed with the song. Of course I come from the contigency that think the AB/Zooropa/Pop era was the highest U2 has ever been from a lyrical, conceptual and melody standpoint.

I feel like this song is sort of falling in line with the soft phase that began with ATYCLB and has continued on since then. Of course they are getting older and that's probably just to be expected, so it's not super fair to expect them to ever get back to the fire and experimentation of youth.

This song, and actually like a lot of the songs from the soft phase, have some interesting melodies attached to them and I feel like there's a hint of the band in there... but as soon as the verse starts we kick back to chime-y guitars and milquetoast lyrics. It feels like U2 is just stuck in that phase and I don't know if it's the producers or U2 themselves. It just feels like the songs always end up quashing any element of adventure in them.

After listening to the second half of Arcade Fire's "Reflektor", of which there is a direct 90s U2 influence, I just wish they would go back to that musically soul seeking venture. I'm not even saying replicate that sound... just for the love of Pete go explore!

This is definitely the biggest departure musically since Achtung Baby. Sure, ATYCLB was very different from Pop, but it was more of a return to the kind of songs they made in the 80's with modern influences.

This is TOTALLY different. And on first listen it sounds really great. I imagine some fans would feel conflicted at first, but I truly feel this song is going to go down really well with most people, not only those who are already fans. Now for second listen!

This.

Miley, Oprah, and Ellen (surely among others) have tweeted about it so far.

Edit: And add Tom Hanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom