Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
based on the "making of" segment, the video they shot looks freaking glorious. sleek, beautiful, they look like superheroes.

to go all fanboy for a moment, this is why i feel in love with U2 -- they made me feel like i, and you, and we, could all be better. they were a cry in the dark, against the dark, echoing into the abyss and demanding to be counted, to be heard, to be seen, to not be invisible. that i matter, that you matter, that we all matter in our short time on this planet. this is genuine uplift, because it comes from a place of real pain.

the death of Iris Hewson has been talked about a lot. the lack of love Bono obviously felt is all through his albums. what hasn't been explored as much, likely out of respect and common courtesy, is the fact that it seems like Bono and Bob fucking hated each other for a long time. i think that, as much as Iris' death, played a hand into shaping the Bono and the band that we know today.

i'm a happy camper today.

It's as if the boys of the Bomb, wanting to go back to their roots, took Beautiful Day's pop sound through a Zooropa album mixer.

I'm trying to contain my excitement this morning and I'm failing. I hear early New Order in this and I love it. My only gripe is that it's an edit. I need a longer version. 4 1/2 at least.

based on the "making of" segment, the video they shot looks freaking glorious. sleek, beautiful, they look like superheroes.

to go all fanboy for a moment, this is why i feel in love with U2 -- they made me feel like i, and you, and we, could all be better. they were a cry in the dark, against the dark, echoing into the abyss and demanding to be counted, to be heard, to be seen, to not be invisible. that i matter, that you matter, that we all matter in our short time on this planet. this is genuine uplift, because it comes from a place of real pain.

the death of Iris Hewson has been talked about a lot. the lack of love Bono obviously felt is all through his albums. what hasn't been explored as much, likely out of respect and common courtesy, is the fact that it seems like Bono and Bob fucking hated each other for a long time. i think that, as much as Iris' death, played a hand into shaping the Bono and the band that we know today.

i'm a happy camper today.

This was great, thanks for writing out these thoughts that Im sure many are feeling right now. I'm on my phone so can't express as much :wink:

Gabe emailed me the song right after it leaked out and I had to sit on it for 3 hours cause I was at work... Took a short break to listen to the song. Walked down Lexington Avenue...and when the song ended I was standing in front of Bank of America. Spooky :wink:

Anyhoo... I have zero idea why they might be hesitant to release this Danger Mouse material, if the rest of the songs are on par with this one.

It sounds like U2, if U2 were produced by Danger Mouse. It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting and hoping for when it first came out that Danger Mouse was producing. A fresh sound, but still very much U2.

It does remind me a little of Levitate, and that's not a bad thing.

It's soaring, uplifting, melodic, strong lyrically... It's a good song.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

is the fact that it seems like Bono and Bob fucking hated each other for a long time. i think that, as much as Iris' death, played a hand into shaping the Bono and the band that we know today.

You can see that in the SNL performance of Sometimes you can't make it on your own.

Miley Cyrus endorses Invisible.

Miley Ray Cyrus ‏@MileyCyrus 14m

#NewU2Song 'Invisible' for FREE now and $1 goes to support @RED's fight against AIDS. Connecting to the iTunes Store. #U2Invisible

Yay we're cool with the pop kidz!

Somebody alert The Biebs' warden!

It's as if the boys of the Bomb, wanting to go back to their roots, took Beautiful Day's pop sound through a Zooropa album mixer.

I'm trying to contain my excitement this morning and I'm failing. I hear early New Order in this and I love it. My only gripe is that it's an edit. I need a longer version. 4 1/2 at least.

I'm already thinking the 'full' version will be on the album. :yes:

And I love that description. It matches up perfectly with what Ad's been saying about "U2 of old with the maturity of the last 10 years". :up:

I'm trying very hard to keep my emotions together and keep the fangirling to a minimum, but I'm failing. Failing miserably. And I couldn't be happier. It's a beautiful day to be a U2 fan. :heart:

Invisible - Reactions Thread

Gabe emailed me the song right after it leaked out and I had to sit on it for 3 hours cause I was at work... Took a short break to listen to the song. Walked down Lexington Avenue...and when the song ended I was standing in front of Bank of America. Spooky :wink:

Anyhoo... I have zero idea why they might be hesitant to release this Danger Mouse material, if the rest of the songs are on par with this one.

It sounds like U2, if U2 were produced by Danger Mouse. It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting and hoping for when it first came out that Danger Mouse was producing. A fresh sound, but still very much U2.

It does remind me a little of Levitate, and that's not a bad thing.

It's soaring, uplifting, melodic, strong lyrically... It's a good song.

:up: :up:

And to think they have another song that would make an even better first single??

:crazy:

The intro sounds so Joy Division/New Order. It reminds me of Peter Hook playing from 0.08-0.15.
I really like this song. A new U2 is coming soon...

Any advertising is good advertising even if it comes from Miley Cyrus. Its a great song for a great cause and it would be disappointing if they didnt hit the maximum number of dollars in the time it is available.

Wow guys I'm sooo happy to see/read that most of you are sooo happy!
I'm at work and won't be able to hear the song until maybe 10 hours more! But I love this feeling, it's like waiting for Christmas, only a billion times better!!!
Happy to see you happy after the last days of miserability we had!!! :wave:

The Cyrusers will discover Bono and co.! How nice. I feel less alone in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom