INTERVIEW Sminterview, just ask!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heirloom family Diamond ring I got on my 16th birthday (my mom got it on her 16th, her mother on her 16th and my Gr Grandma on her 16th)..... When my son gets married we'll put the diamond in the wedding ring to keep it in the family since I didn't have a girl to pass it on to for her 16th birthday.....

Same Q

I have a sterling silver and orange amber necklace, that looks like an Owl. I got it from my girlfriend's parents after she died.
We were the best-of-friends ... since early childhood. I knew she had this necklace, but in no way, did I think she would ever
give it to me ... let alone, put it in her will.
It's absolutely beautiful ... words cannot express how I feel when I wear it ... I will treasure it and her memories forever.

Okay ... so does anyone have cicadas circulating in their area ??
And if so ... how much of a nuisance have them become ??

Okay ... so does anyone have cicadas circulating in their area ?? And if so ... how much of a nuisance have them become ??

Yes, and very much so. They just surfaced this past Monday and now all I hear is these darn things squealing all day long, while flying from tree to tree. :tsk:
We have to be very careful at dusk ... as sometimes they will fly right on you, and you may NOT even know they are there (say on your shoulder or in your hair) until you go inside. :ohmy:
And to think I have to deal with 4-6 weeks of this til they disappear for another 17 years. :help:

Same.

Nope not here at the beach. The only annoyance in the way of "bugs" are the vagrant street people who wander the alleys picking thru garbage. That bugs me. Good luck with your cicada problem tho, sounds horrible.

Same

Nope.. I don't know what cicadas are so I'm guessing not :lol:

Have you ever, or do you currently, live by the sea?

Originally posted by partygirlvox
Nope.. I don't know what cicadas are so I'm guessing not :lol:

Cicadas are similar to locusts. They come out of the ground every 17 years ... and they are the ugliest bugs you can ever imagine.
They look like a huge (and I mean, HUGE) beetle ... they have a hard shell over their body and the beadiest-looking red eyes you might have ever seen. They give off a buzzing-squeal and fly all over the place ... mostly from tree to tree. At night, they are silent ... but they can 'surprise' you and 'land' on you (they get into your hair or even crawl under your clothes ... if we're not careful) It's really disgusting ... these things are a bigger annoyance than dealing with say ... a possum, or skunk. They last anywhere from 4-6 weeks before loosing their shell carcass and going back into the ground.
Well, at least, it's only every 17 years that they surface, and NOT every single year. I guess that's something to be happy about.

Originally posted by COBL_04
y'ever flirted your way out of a ticket?

Nope ... can't say I've ever really had to.
I've only had 1 ticket in my life and that was about 8 years ago for speeding. The judge actually 'threw it out' of court. I haven't been pulled over or issued another ticket since then.

same

MsMofoGone said:
Okay ... so does anyone have cicadas circulating in their area ?? And if so ... how much of a nuisance have them become ??

Yes, and very much so. They just surfaced this past Monday and now all I hear is these darn things squealing all day long, while flying from tree to tree. :tsk:
We have to be very careful at dusk ... as sometimes they will fly right on you, and you may NOT even know they are there (say on your shoulder or in your hair) until you go inside. :ohmy:
And to think I have to deal with 4-6 weeks of this til they disappear for another 17 years. :help:

Same.
we had cicadas around here (north georgia ) about 2-3 years ago and they were loud but not that much of a nuisance

Originally posted by BonosLil'Pal94
what are cicadas? :reject:

Originally posted by MsMofoGone

Cicadas are similar to locusts. They come out of the ground every 17 years ... and they are the ugliest bugs you can ever imagine.
They look like a huge (and I mean, HUGE) beetle ... they have a hard shell over their body and the beadiest-looking red eyes you might have ever seen. They give off a buzzing-squeal and fly all over the place ... mostly from tree to tree. At night, they are silent ... but they can 'surprise' you and 'land' on you (they get into your hair or even crawl under your clothes ... if not careful) It's really disgusting ... these things are a bigger annoyance than dealing with say ... a possum, or skunk. They last anywhere from 4-6 weeks before loosing their shell carcass.

Once the cicadas lose their shell carcass, they do indeed die. But until that happens, the female cicadas mate with the males and then lay about 300,000 eggs, on the branches of trees. (And 300,000 is a kind estimate ... it's probably more) These eggs eventually fall out of the trees and actually crawl into the ground, then after another 17 years ... 'whoa--la' ... the next hatch of cicadas are back all over again. :tsk:

and for those who don't have cicadas, aren't you now happy about that ?? :wink:

Dude, I'm in Illinois. We have a bunch of cicadas. My dog hunts them down and EATS them. :lmao:

Anyway, I digress...

Have you ever had to use crutches for medical purposes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom