Interference Random TV Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm three episodes into Mad Men and I've realized that GAF was born in the wrong generation. Think of how well he would have done in that era: women had bigger breasts and smaller brains. It didn't matter if a man was smart or capable so long as he liked to drink and smoke.

Grieve, my son, fate fucked you over.

Well, he does look a little like Pete.

I'm starting Mad Men pretty soon here. I've got the DVDs and the time.

Honestly, I'm really only doing it for Christina Hendricks.

I watched some of Anderson Cooper & Kathy Griffin last night - pretty entertaining. I must have missed that clip you posted above VP. :lol:

VH1 is doing a show(starts Sunday) about former male teen idols, I guess they all live together and get in catfights and such. That sounds like such a train wreck :corn:

David Chokachi still looks smokin. I don't like Eric Nies' hair-and the kid from Baywatch (1st one on the left) looks really cute in that picture..I feel so wrong for saying that

JUST when you thought every possible reality show combination of humans in a house had been done - bachelors, bachelorettes, celebrities, cafones, addicts, bad girls, egomaniacs, exhibitionists, apprentices, low-brow wannabes, C-list has-beens, the mannerless and even the beauty-deprived - along comes a group even you never thought of!

VH1's new "Confessions of a Teen Idol" brings together a house full of former teen idols - guys who were once so famous, so beloved and so bedazzling that they literally couldn't go out of their homes without being mobbed by scores of panting teen girls; guys who now, however, have fallen so far into obscurity that the only people who ask for their autographs are their ex-wives - on their alimony checks.

These sorts of former celebrities are usually relegated to the "whatever happened to" pages of celeb rags or one-shot shows on VH1 and MTV, where we find out in 30 seconds or less that so-and-so, after years of substance abuse and at least one convenience store stick-up, found God and is living in Detroit.

"Confessions" is, interestingly enough, produced by Scott Baio ("Charles in Charge," "Happy Days") and Jason Hervey ("Wonder Years"), former teen stars who know firsthand the pitfalls of early stardom and the horrors of subsequent (or even threatened) obscurity.

Brought together for the show are Christopher Atkins ("The Blue Lagoon"), David Chokachi ("Baywatch"), Billy Hufsey ("Fame"), Jeremy Jackson ("Baywatch"), Eric Nies (MTV's "The Real World," "The Grind"), Jamie Walters ("Beverly Hills 90210") and Adrian Zmed ("TJ Hooker," "Grease 2") - all former TV household hunks desperate to reclaim their fame.

How they are supposed to recapture their missing fame, I don't know, because as far as I can see, nobody gets nuthin' here other than exposure. Maybe the exposure alone will remind directors and casting agents that they are still alive and taking nourishment.

Anyway, each week the guys will get acting lessons, etc., as well as participate in group therapy sessions led by a shrink who - are you ready? - specializes in "fame." What kind of a degree is that? MDF? In "group," they confess their sins of excess and the pain of fame. But, shockingly, they don't sound like idiots.

In fact, the guys seem well-balanced, not especially egomaniacal, well-spoken and thoughtful. So far.

By the second episode (that's all that was sent), I found myself pulling for them, because even if fame is a bitch, losing it is worse - it's a real bastard, in fact.

"Confessions of a Teen Idol" Sunday night 8 on VH1

teen_idols.jpg

Does anyone else watch The Tudors? I'm midway through season 2 on DVD and it's just delicious. I have to admit that sometimes I lose track of who some of the characters are (some of the members of court, some of the church figures), but I'm really enjoying it.

I can't speak to the historical accuracy of the show vs. actual events, but I can live with that. And I know what's coming for poor ol' Anne Boleyn, but it doesn't make watching it any less suspenseful.

I apologize if it's been mentioned already, but the entire Season 2 premier episode of Flight of the Conchords is available to stream on the show's website.

There are angels in the clouds.

Ah, shit. I had not heard that about McGoohan.

What a great series.

Too bad it didn't address the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, because now it can never be considered great Sci Fi. (Book of Muldfeld, Chpt 7 Verse 1)

Does anyone else watch The Tudors? I'm midway through season 2 on DVD and it's just delicious. I have to admit that sometimes I lose track of who some of the characters are (some of the members of court, some of the church figures), but I'm really enjoying it.

I can't speak to the historical accuracy of the show vs. actual events, but I can live with that. And I know what's coming for poor ol' Anne Boleyn, but it doesn't make watching it any less suspenseful.

Yes, I love it! I hated it at first because it's so historically inaccurate (making up characters, melding several characters into one new person, getting events mixed up, etc.), but I just got sucked in.

The last episode of season 2 is excellent. Very chilling.

I'm not sure when the 3rd season begins, but maybe in a few months? Regardless, I'll still be watching, no matter how frustrated I am at how wrong they get certain things.

I'm glad someone else watches it. Also good to know it's not accurate, but I'm okay with that. I have a "history of England" documentary coming from Netflix (it's like 7 discs or something) that I'm sure will catch me up on the actual history.

I have the last 4 episodes of season 2 to watch this weekend. :drool:

I know CBC has been showing it, but who wants to watch the watered-down version? I want the version with nudity. ;)

:lol: That's why they invented the internets, my dear! :wink: I watch a lot of TV online. It's so much easier, especially since I don't have a DVR, and just basic Canadian cable (no HBO, Showtime, etc.).

Btw, season 3 starts April 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom