Interference Random TV Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still a little bit bummed about the absence of Claire but fuck it...bring on the LOST. It'll be here before we know it.

:drool:

30 Rock is back Thursday. It needs its own thread since it's the best show on TV.

And HBO's The Life & Times of Tim is my new gem.

Guys, what will happen to The Daily Show after January 20, 2009?

Will Fox News (and, hopefully, CNN) implode thereby rendering Stewart's mandate complete? Will he run out of material?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Guys, what will happen to The Daily Show after January 20, 2009?

Will Fox News (and, hopefully, CNN) implode thereby rendering Stewart's mandate complete? Will he run out of material?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Luckily we 100 Senators - 90% of which are seemingly cracked. Add to that the large amounts of US Citizens that just aren't right, and I'm sure John Stewart will be in that chair for a good number of years.

Luckily we 100 Senators - 90% of which are seemingly cracked. Add to that the large amounts of US Citizens that just aren't right, and I'm sure John Stewart will be in that chair for a good number of years.

You're right, there is that.

Colbert, however, wow - he couldn't even keep from laughing at himself last night. It was a little bit sad to see him fall so hard, so fast.

New BSG promo for Season 4.5:

The Epic Journey - Season 4.5 | Videos | SCI FI Video

I'm a little over this show...still going to watch it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but this whole waiting thing really disenchanted me. As far as I'm concerned, Sci-Fi channel can crash and burn and I won't shed a tear. I'm a fan of the genre, but for every good thing they've done (like bringing new Who and Torchwood to U.S. fans), they've done five stupid things. They fucked up that LeGuin adaptation, did an even worse job with Farmer's Riverworld, and have made the most godawful original films to grace the cable universe. Mansquito? Hardy fucking har. To top things off, they delayed and sat on BSG episodes to milk it as long as possible, and for that all those suits can die a slow and painful death.

So watch this show by downloading it, if you can, and I would advise not buying the boxed sets anymore, either. Rent and copy them or download them or something. These assholes don't need to have their actions positively reinforced.

They were pimping that tonight as I watched Lockedown :drool:
Locke and Benry in the Hatch.
They said you had to tune in for some shit ass marathon of Bond or something, so I am thankful for the link.

Sci Fi's original movie concepts are so bad, I couldn't tell you that I've ever even seen one.

If you took away BSG and the reruns of TNG and LOST, then there is basically nothing to watch on that channel, for anyone, ever. Well, I wouldn't think so anyhow.

I am excited about new BSG because I was late to the party. Just caught up before last season. More excited by new LOST though, that shit looks crazy motherfucking bad ass.

Has anyone been watching Dirty Sexy Money? I wasn't expecting much from the title when I started watching last year but it is really good, surprisingly well written and funny.

Now of course I find out this week that it looks like it has been canceled :banghead:

I can't believe I've never seen this thread before. :doh:

Ooh, and "Hush," one of the best episodes of all! Mostly dialogue free, with the creepy Gentlemen - just really, really well-done TV. It's a huge shame the Emmy people never recognized the fine work they did. Stupid Emmy assholes.

Season 5 is the same for me. Overall kind of crummy, but some huge highlights, like "The Body," with the death of Buffy's mom, and the finale "The Gift," in which Buffy saves the world. AGain. With an amazing score that makes me cry just thinking about it.

Plus, Riley leaves town in season 5, so it's all good. ;)

OMG "The Gentlemen". They creep me out so badly. :yikes: Such an amazing episode though and gotta agree "The Body" and "The Gift" both make me sob my eyes out. Although "The Gentlemen" didn't win an Emmy at the time, :mad: Buffy finally won one earlier this year for "The Gift". I couldn't figure why they got one so many years after the show had finished. The X Files was up for the same award.

Riley leaving town couldn't have come quick enough. :lol:'s

:hyper: I so wanna go watch my DVD's now. :lol:

:wink:

(Okay, so apparently I can't read, because I posted this yesterday in the random movie thread and not the TV thread.)

I cannot explain my actions, but I've been watching the original Beverly Hills 90210 on DVD. I'm on season 2. I caught it here and there when it was originally on the air, but mostly in the later years.

Man, I can't believe what a snotty bitch Brenda is.

I'm ashamed to admit that I wasted about 10 minutes of my life watching that. It was painfully bad

Rosie O’Donnell has had her variety show canceled because of bad reviews and even worse ratings, TV’s Extra reports. Only 5 million people tuned into O’Donnell’s variety show, “Rosie Live,” on NBC last Wednesday night, prompting the comedian, 46, to pull the plug. “There will b no more,” Rosie blogged on her Web site. “No ratings . . . bad reviews.” O’Donnell also blogged that even though the show tanked, she had fun while it lasted. “Yet still - a thrill 4 me.”

I started watching Spaced on DVD last night, after waiting seemingly forever for it to not be "very long wait" on Netflix anymore.

It is awesome and hilarious. I laughed out loud many, many times during the first three episodes alone.

I started watching Spaced on DVD last night, after waiting seemingly forever for it to not be "very long wait" on Netflix anymore.

It is awesome and hilarious. I laughed out loud many, many times during the first three episodes alone.

I need to watch that shit. Stat.

I watched the second disc over the weekend, and it wasn't nearly as funny as the first. But still well worth watching.

Fuck it. I found Season 1 of Mad Men online and I'm gonna watch it. Finally, after hearing nothing but praise for it for two years. I know that it has lots of cigarettes and January Jones so I kind of like it already. I'm hitting play on the first episode...NOW.

First episode of Mad Men just ended.

#1. Don is cheating on January Jones? Seriously? What an idiot.
#2. I really hope Peggy didn't sleep with that sketchy Pete dude. I thought I knew you Peggy.

I'm hitting play on the second episode...NOW.

I'm three episodes into Mad Men and I've realized that GAF was born in the wrong generation. Think of how well he would have done in that era: women had bigger breasts and smaller brains. It didn't matter if a man was smart or capable so long as he liked to drink and smoke.

Grieve, my son, fate fucked you over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom