Interference Random Music Talk: Rick Rubin produces the XX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A six-gun musket salute in your honor, Scumbo. It's the least that I can do.

The god damn opening little guitar line to Miracle Drug fuckin takes me back to November of 2004 like WHOA. Shit just popped up on my iTunes, I haven't heard it in a looooong time, and it was like I had an acid flashback to my freshman year in the dorms. Crazy.

I hate music. If it were opposite day.

I hate Shuttlecock.

Miracle Drug is silly, but Edge's solo and verse are just beautiful. Really good memories with that one.

Speaking of which, I'm putting together a semi-chronological 2010 playlist to sort of map out my year, and I remembered just how much I adore this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZPSyI4Zybo

I'm not even a particularly big fan of the band. I just think it's a damn near perfect pop song.

When I hear the opening of Miracle Shot, all I can think of now is Boner talking for several minutes about some boring bullshit.

Edge's solo into Edge's verse are as good as LM says, and that handoff from him to Boner at the final chorus is one of the high points of the album for me.

If anybody overlooked Alex Turner's side project from a couple years back called The Last Shadow Puppets, you need to check yourself and go buy or steal that shit. For real.

If anybody overlooked Alex Turner's side project from a couple years back called The Last Shadow Puppets, you need to check yourself and go buy or steal that shit. For real.

Unbelievable. On Scumbo's birthday. No respect.

HOW DARE YOU, SIR??

clear-and-present-danger-quote.jpg

Guys, Scumby's birthday was days ago. I just thought I missed it being away from the interwebs. Shame of you for being on this already.

So it sounds from this article like it's the "rock" album they're going with then...

Not sure why Bono and the Edge are so interested in having the rest of U2 work on the Spiderman stuff. Just release it yourselves.

If the music is coming very easily, as Boner claims, I hope they impulsively put it out before they have time to sanitize it or try to throw on a couple wannabe hits. Best case scenario is that we get another Poppycock, or something the band will regret after the fact.

Just follow the groove!

Holy fucking shit.

U2 produced by RedOne? Fucking wow.

I'm half drunk, and that article could be complete bullshit, but that shit just got me really excited.

RedOne is the fuckin shit. Seriously. Laz, I seem to recall that you don't think Gaga is anything special but, man, the shit she's produced with RedOne is awesome.

One of my favorite moments in pop music in the last couple years is the opening 10 seconds or so of "Just Dance" where the free bitch, on her debut single, shouts, in a simultaneously nonchalant and badass tone: "REDONE!"

And then proceeds to become the fastest-rising pop star we've seen in a very long time.

Here is the moment. It comes at about :08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cacwntsr4Qw

I fucking can't wait until Bono shouts "REDONE!" at the 8 second mark of the song they do with him.

Fuck, I both hope this is bullshit and not bullshit at the same time.

I need to go to bed. Pardon the way overzealous gushing.

I love you all.

Fuck Danger Mouse.

The second album is what he calls a "club" record, that will feature Lady Gaga collaborator RedOne

Holy get behind me Satan, cock to the walls, slap me in the face call me Stephanie, AWESOME. Seriously, at the current chemical state I'm in, the above quoted text is the flat-out most fun and exciting U2 news I've heard since...since ever. It's gonna be hilarious and amazing. How could it not be?

REDONE!

Let's talk about another track that RedOne produced. Oh, a little track, I don't know if you've heard it or heard of it, but it's called BAD MOTHERFUCKING ROMANCE and it's just about the best thing that a mainstream pop artist has put out this century.

Behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&ob=av3e

:drool::drool::drool:

Back
Top Bottom