Random Music Talk CXVI: The world doesn't actually revolve around Mack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's not too late, ask away. I've had my own business for about 5 years now, so I'm familiar with this stuff. Don't necessarily understand it all, but...
What are the practical differences between having a small stake (say 5%) in an LLC vs. being a 1099 contractor for said LLC?

Look I know it's one of the most played and well-loved and talked about songs ever, but Dreams deserves all the accolades and then some. It is an utterly perfect song.

That little drum part that Mick Fleetwood plays just as the chorus starts up is one of my favourite moments in music, like ever.

I read that for a while Vega was believed to be ten years younger than he actually was.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What are the practical differences between having a small stake (say 5%) in an LLC vs. being a 1099 contractor for said LLC?

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with LLC particularities (I'm a sole proprietor), but I do know that your taxes would be WAY simpler as a contractor than as one of several LLC members. I wish I could offer more specific advice, but my understanding from mentors and colleagues is that being in an LLC brings in tax scrutiny that isn't entirely under your control since you're only one of several members, and though income is reported individually there are rules for the LLC that can affect your taxes if everything doesn't match up as it's supposed to.

Basically, the IRS pays more attention to multi-member groups than it would individuals.

Look I know it's one of the most played and well-loved and talked about songs ever, but Dreams deserves all the accolades and then some. It is an utterly perfect song.

That little drum part that Mick Fleetwood plays just as the chorus starts up is one of my favourite moments in music, like ever.
Agreed. Not a big fan of Fleetwood Mac but that song is so good.

Taylor did not handle that whole thing very well and part of me thinks it's too bad because it seems like her initial reaction was to take it in good humor. Somewhere along the way it went from her handling it with good humor to showing spite about it.

It's possible that once she actually heard the full song (with the "that bitch" line included that it doesn't look like Kanye told her about?) it pissed her off and she didn't like it anymore. Which is totally fair.

It's also lame that he recorded her without her permission. Pretty bogus.

Anyway, they both make awesome music and I think it's likely they're both very good people ultimately. Celebrity is weird. The whole thing is silly.

Oh hey, she posted a response along the lines of what I said about the "bitch" line! Ha. I knew it. I'm so smart. ;)

Facebook is killing this forum.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah it's only my birthday everyone don't fucking go out of your ways to wish me well

I don't generally look at the list of "today's birthdays", but since you mentioned today was yours I did...2 things...

A. Happy Birthday

2. You share a birthday with Diamond, maybe next year don't bring attention to the date.

I never thought I would say this, but people really need to lay off Taylor. Between this and the Calvin Harris ghostwriting thing, seems like everything she does is being dissected for no particular reason.

And I'm probably spending too much time on Buzzfeed.

And happy birthday Cobbler.

I don't want to go to FYM but I just want to say before I go to bed that I'm thoroughly fascinated and tickled by Melania Trump's speech tonight. They borrowed paragraphs from Michelle Obama's 2008 DNC speech, like some lazy-ass high school kid Googling old essays on The Great Gatsby.

Back
Top Bottom