In a big testje dreams stay with you.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have nobody to flirt with because, apparently. i don't know how the art of flirting works. my sister wants to set me up with "a nice boy, not one of your usual weirdos". it's really sad when she wants to give me pointers.

It doesn't bother me but my sister is the type of lass who loves to get loads of attention and always be going on dates. I met one of her new boys last week who is really nice. She was away for a bit so I bought him a drink and talked to him and she said he really liked me and said I was "cool". Then: Look, Laura, you see when you're nice, people really like you, if you could just do that with a nice boy.

It was as if she was saying I have to make an effort to be that nice all the time. :lol:

I think I feel unconfident in myself and don't feel able enough to introduce myself to new folk. Most of my ex's or people I've went on a date with I first spoke to them after some drinks. :slant:

Fah, how have you found Embrace? I don't know if I like their old/ new stuff better. Some of their old stuff was a little more upbeat. They are Travis in the sense they never really sound VERY different :laugh:

Lara Mullen said:
i have nobody to flirt with because, apparently. i don't know how the art of flirting works. my sister wants to set me up with "a nice boy, not one of your usual weirdos". it's really sad when she wants to give me pointers.

Can I join the club?
:love:

Lara and Marty flirting :cute:

And about Embrace...I hear a lot of Coldplay in there too :yes: as well as Travis. As for the music being down...some of my favourite songs are downers :shrug:

I

i do like the downers too. it depends on my mood. sometimes i like old embrace more. I really love the version of how come, i think i sent you it.

pax said:
I like the title! :love:

I am starting to share Ewen's :heart: of Big Country.

Ah, the band that held my 2 most favorite songs, until I found U2......

Big Country is great.......

I always wondered-------

is it

In a big country dream
...stay with you
like a lovers voice
parts the mountain side
...stay alive...

or

In a big country
dreams stay with you
like a lovers voice
parts the mountainsid
...stay alive...

The first one is what I believe at first, and has a slightly differnt and unique twist. I like them both though, even though the lower version is a "makes" a little more sense.

Last edited:
i always thought he was saying dreams. i always made a retarded joke involving that band and some biscuits, and when i found out the lead singer had been found dead, i felt bad for joking about it. that's my confession for the night. :reject:

Ok...Now I'm singing the song over and over in my head and I think the chorus is:

In a big country, dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside
Stay alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom