I'm the go-to person on U2 Laundry and the Dressing Room Cleaning Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yup - that's right!

Ask away.

You want details, I got details. I have been doing the lads' tour laundry since '87 and have had my crew cleaning the dressing rooms since about the same time.

Boy do I have a lot to share...

See thís is are the kind of topic we really cán use!

First question... On what temperature does Bono was hís shorts?

#1 Bono does not wash his own shorts - my staff of three do.
#2 The temperature is set at exactly 97.64 degrees F as to not fade the silkscreen image of Canada's Martin off of the arse section.

Do you use Woolite for Dark fabrics?

How many pairs of jeans does Bono own? Because from my vantage point on the Ellispe, it appeared he's been wearing the same jeans since the Elevation tour.

Numb1075 said:
Am I correct in assuming that Edge's beanies are set on a delicate cycle?

No - he actually burns them after each show - we travel with boxloads of them...

Super cheap polyesther beanies from Taiwan.

partygirl43 said:
Do you use Woolite for Dark fabrics?

How many pairs of jeans does Bono own? Because from my vantage point on the Ellispe, it appeared he's been wearing the same jeans since the Elevation tour.

For dark fabrics we use a mix of Tide and Ox Blood to keep the true colors.

Bono rarely wears jeans, but when he does he NEVER washes them. There is one pair that actually walk by themselves. They have their own seat on V4.

tryan101 said:
tell the truth, does larry wear super absorbant under arm pads?

Yes, and each one is labelled with an 'R' or 'L' to tell him which side to wear them on.

The 'R' (Hi-hat hitting side) is much more worn out than the 'L.'

Bono's Doll said:
I know this is kind of weird--but do you think you could sneak me a pair of B's undies. :drool:

No - I have signed confidentiality agreements in blood not to give away any articles of clothing...

Does Bono have a supply of hand cleaning gel in his dressing room? If not, he should get some..... his hands always look grubby to me!:tsk:

I wanna know if he ever washes his hair, or more accurately, somebody I know wants to know.

ouizy
thank you so much for being so amenable in terms of sharing the behind the scenes work that happens at a U2 show (I had wondered about Bono's Jeans on several occasions - and it is nice to know that you and your team take such good care of the beanies)
my one question is this - has U2's rider changed for this tour and what specifically is on it?
again thank you for the important work that you do

u2man is always serious

apparently I forgot the all important :wink: smilie that conveys the sarcastic tone of my post

I will try harder in the future

nurse chrissi said:
ouizy
thank you so much for being so amenable in terms of sharing the behind the scenes work that happens at a U2 show (I had wondered about Bono's Jeans on several occasions - and it is nice to know that you and your team take such good care of the beanies)
my one question is this - has U2's rider changed for this tour and what specifically is on it?
again thank you for the important work that you do

I am very serious.

Seriously.

The rider has changed over the years. First of all the 'code' has totally changed. Many people think that a rider is always written clearly as to what the band wants backstage. this is actually very inaccurate. Yes, it has some common things you may find at a show, but more than ever a band has a code for which they ask for something, but it means something else. Here is an example:

On the ZooTV tour the band would always request 4 Fresh Packs of Colombian Coffee.

Well, this actually meant they wanted 4 grams of cocaine (pre-cut.)

Of course they would never ask for that written that way, but they did ask for the coffee.

Now, the code is as follows:

Case of beer = case of fresh nappies for the babies
Clean towels = fresh pack of Depend Undergarments
Cheese Plate = Baby food
Bottle of Champagne = warmed bottle of formula
Bottle of Vintage Red Wine = One bong fully packed
Case of Pepsi = Case of Pepsi
Bowl of M + M's = 6 random girls assorted variety, back room

Now the list goes on and on...

Axver, are you serious about U2Man being serious about Jeef690 being serious about nurse chrissie being serious about ouizy?

1stOne said:
Axver, are you serious about U2Man being serious about Jeef690 being serious about nurse chrissie being serious about ouizy?

Are you seriously asking me this question?

Back
Top Bottom