If you could rename HTDAAB...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, you people are tough, I think 'Bomb' is a great album.

As for a different title, I do think "Original Of The Species" is a good one.

they could've just called it Vertigo

When all of the "Solar" rumors first started flying around I really hoped it would be called that. As it turns out it wouldn't have really fit, but I still think that's a good name for an album.

ozeeko said:
"laughing all the way to the bank"....or "all that larry mullen jr. wouldn't let us leave behind"...or even "The Unforgettable Shit (don't even try to forget)" , maybe not "Snotty music made by snotty rockstars:Ah-choo, baby!" but my favorite would have to be"Cock-rammed in the ear"

:lmao: !!!

Honestly Bomb ain't that bad though

Vertigo And Beautiful Day Aren't Our Only Songs So Please Listen To Our Back Catalogue.

WalkOn21 said:
Hmm, as a sub-title...

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
.......If it ain't broke don't try to dismantle it.........

I like that:lol:

Being new here and not having read the back catalogue of threads have some people dared to mock HTDAAB which is in my opinion the album second only to Joshua Tree:mad:

CKONE said:

Being new here and not having read the back catalogue of threads have some people dared to mock HTDAAB which is in my opinion the album second only to Joshua Tree:mad:
How exactly do you "read the back catalogue"? Seems difficult, I'd rather listen to it. ;)

To go slightly offtopic: if you can say that in your opinion HTDAAB is a very good album, others are entitled to say that in their opinion HTDAAB sucks. I, for one, regard it as proof for HTDAAB's un-U2-ness that a lot of people became "fans" when HTDAAB came out but don't like any song of their back catalogue.

WalkOn21 said:
How exactly do you "read the back catalogue"? Seems difficult, I'd rather listen to it. ;)

To go slightly offtopic: if you can say that in your opinion HTDAAB is a very good album, others are entitled to say that in their opinion HTDAAB sucks. I, for one, regard it as proof for HTDAAB's un-U2-ness that a lot of people became "fans" when HTDAAB came out but don't like any song of their back catalogue.

of course they can. just a shame i missed out on the whole 'who thinks its good or bad and why' discussion.

CKONE said:

of course they can. just a shame i missed out on the whole 'who thinks its good or bad and why' discussion.
There never was a discussion, really. When HTDAAB first came out (read: when the greedy people got their chance to download it) every ATYCLB hater was like "OMG HTDAAB kicks ATYCLB's ASS!" and there were threads 'comparing' HTDAAB to ATYCLB, always giving HTDAAB 12 points and ATYCLB 0.

After a while, however, some people came to the conclusion that HTDAAB isn't that good after all, and other people stuck to their opinion that HTDAAB is 100x better than ATYCLB.

each to their own!

for whats its worth - which is nothing - i think the album is brilliant beyond brilliant. superbly put together with some classic tunes not afraid of emotion and the lads hearts fixed firmly on their sleeves.

Joshua Tree for me is the best album by anybody anywhere ever. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb runs it very very close.

There's a lot of hate it seems for HTDAAB. The interesting thing is that Bono has said multiple times that he thinks it's their best album ever.

phillyfan26 said:
There's a lot of hate it seems for HTDAAB. The interesting thing is that Bono has said multiple times that he thinks it's their best album ever.

Actually, in a later interview, he said JT and AB are better, and that HTDAAB is not a cohesive album but a collection of songs.

Also, when a new album is just out, of course he's going to say it's the best ever. I saw an interview from the Pop era where he praises Pop to the heavens, and now look what he says about it. Basically, it's marketing. If you want people to buy your album, you're not going to come out and say "oh, well, it's a decent album but nowhere near our best - JT and AB are miles ahead of it and I must admit I enjoy listening to Boy more ..."

phillyfan26 wrote:The interesting thing is that Bono has said multiple times that he thinks it's their best album ever
Boner says alot of things...and sometimes he talks pretty much nonsense. don't believe all the words coming out of his mouth. i bet next time he says this is our best album ever again. they all say the same. its just a routine established by the music industry.

Back
Top Bottom