I still know there was something I had to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
huzzah!
actually, it's Honors... but I like huzzah better.
someday I'll figure out why yale says they must give their grad student's H's instead of A's (and HP's instead of B's and P's instead of C's...)

ok!
Story!

A few years back my brother and I went to visit my grandma in the nursing home. She's not all there, but fortunately she at least recognized us... and the conversation went like this:
grandma: So what are you doing these days, Neil?
Neil: I do computer work for the government.
Grandma: Oh, that's nice (or something similar).. so what are you up to, Kristie?
me: I'm at school studying archaeology.

and after about three minutes she'd ask neil what he was doing these days again. Since my family has no heart, we all were trying really hard not to giggle about it by about the third time around.
So on maybe the fifth time around, it went like this:
grandma: So what are you doing these days, Neil?
Neil: I work on classified projects for the government.
Grandma: Oh, so you're drawing those cartoons!
me and mom: *turn away trying not to snort*
Neil: um...... *tries to explain what he does again*
grandma: Well, maybe they'll let you do the cartoons some day.

anyway, it's one of those running jokes because it was REALLY FUNNY at the time.

the people in my archaeology lab are big fans of my grandma stories.

like the one about how she was telling mom she went to germany last week and met the king, who happened to be grandma's boyfriend Chip... and how her and Chip had to be moved to seperate wings of the building because they were "causing a disturbance"

*lurker stops by :shifty: and says*

Hi from Edinburgh, people!! :wave:
Hope everything's ok for the PLEBAns!

*lurker goes back to f*cking Scottish literature essay*

Hi, Advah

Kim, thanks for the tips! I got another e-mail that said my resume is good and to contact your people again when I'm ready to move (which is kind of ambiguous because I'd like to move once I have a job).

:up:

Hi Advah! :wave:
:drool: Edinburgh :drool:

On another note, supposedly there is a mouse in here, and there is cheese all over the floor. This is apparently what happens when I leave for any amount of time.
:huh:
Do you think mice can climb into the top bunk of bunk beds?

:ohmy: Advah, those are :drool:

I might be going back here for spring break! :hyper:

1104093963.4396_lowres_lg.jpg

bridge2.jpg

FKS-Fakahatchee-RJWiley.jpg

sunning_gator_scene_031205.jpg

COS-VisitorCenter-mar.jpg

hippy said:

THAT place is from my wildest dreams :D I might just have to take you up on the offer!

Really?:hmm: Well I've dreamt of Edinburgh for three years before finally being able to come here, then I've hated the city and its people for two weeks when I arrived. And now, I can't say I really like people, but Bono knows I don't want to leave.:drool: :drool:
Seriously if you really feel like coming around here one day, you and any other folk here are very welcome! I'd be more than happy to chat U2-ish; and my flatmates are the best cooks ever. :D
And flyglobespan.com has cheap tix for US-Scotland flights. *hint* :)

:lol: Yeah the sweating guy doesn't perfectly match the sunset...

:drool: Gorgeous, where is it?? Will you be there for holiday or archeo mysterious digging?

Damn am I the only one who doesn't have a clue where I'll be in two months?:|

tiny island of st. eustatius!
it's in the caribbean about 150 miles east of puerto rico

hopefully I'll be there doing archaeo mysterious digging... though I talked to a guy today who is planning some underwater sites in new england for the fall, so if the tiny island of st. eustatius doesn't want me it seems like he can hook me up.

So, either there, or like... nantucket.

Advah said:
^ Where is that place, apart from my wildest dreams??:shocked: Gooooorgeous! Luuuuuckyyyyy...:drool:

Camping in the Everglades, nothing special. Same spring break as always. The best part is, the whole deal costs less than $150 per person (includes gas, food, and camping) for 7 days :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Camping in the Everglades, nothing special. Same spring break as always. The best part is, the whole deal costs less than $150 per person (includes gas, food, and camping) for 7 days :D

Lies, we might actually get a chance to meet up this year! :lol:

Let me know when you'll be down here in the swamp and we'll get together :)

u2granny said:
I can't believe I'm sitting here watching Johnny Cash at San Quentin.:|

You're doing better than I am! MrPurrl is watching some UFO show on the History Channel. I guess that's my signal to go get my bath and call it a day. :lol:

Have a good night.

Well, Kim, I'm trying to work things out, but where we have enough drivers in one car, they're going to St. Pete so if we're going to Naples with our car, then we're short drivers. We could drive to Buffalo, NY and fly into FM for less than $200 a piece, but then we're stuck in FM without a car and we're too cheap for hotels.

If we come, it will be roughly the 19th - 25th of March and we will either be camping at the state park or chillin on my grandma's porch (the corner of Collier Blvd/951 and Tamiami Trl/41). Either way, we'd love to check out Fort Myers and have dinner or something.

I miss the swamp, I didn't get to go last year. I hope something works out.

kellyahern said:

Lies, you're coming to Florida? :)

Sooner or later. Possibly in March for a week. Most likely this fall for good. Probably sometime between now and then to secure a job, apartment, etc.

Well, the Johnny Cash marathon on CMT last night had it's desired results. I bought I Walk the Line and my daughter came home with his last three cds. When I was younger and still lived at home I bought my father his latest album every year for Christmas. Memories......

Aaah Johnny Cash. One of the very few reasons I'd ever watch CMT. Unfortunately, I've been studying for my two psychology exams and three papers I did for today and yesterday so I haven't watched anything for a while.

But, I just did friggin ONE HOUR of uninterrupted running (or the closest I'll ever get to running) on the elliptical! Hecks yes! Now I will treat myself to TV.

My housemate convinced her on-again-off-again boyfriend to buy her an elliptical so she could lose weight. Then she made us all sign up for the exercise challenge at self.com. So far, I'm the only one who's ever used the thing, and I've used it everyday since we got it on Thursday. Seriously, this is a big deal for me. I'm really out of shape and I hate running, but the elliptical, I can do. I started at 25 mins and now I'm up to an hour. Given, I've got a cold glass of mountain dew sitting on the ledge next to me while I 'ellipt', but I'll address that later! You can't do everything at once, right?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Well, Kim, I'm trying to work things out, but where we have enough drivers in one car, they're going to St. Pete so if we're going to Naples with our car, then we're short drivers. We could drive to Buffalo, NY and fly into FM for less than $200 a piece, but then we're stuck in FM without a car and we're too cheap for hotels.

If we come, it will be roughly the 19th - 25th of March and we will either be camping at the state park or chillin on my grandma's porch (the corner of Collier Blvd/951 and Tamiami Trl/41). Either way, we'd love to check out Fort Myers and have dinner or something.

I miss the swamp, I didn't get to go last year. I hope something works out.

Yay! When it gets closer, let me know and I'll send you my cell phone # :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom