I knew there was something I had to do... Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My cat is watching tennis. Glad someone is enjoying it b/c it keeps delaying Law and Order :|

Apparently the RIAA busted someone for hosting the newest U2 leaks. Ellen, be ready cus if they come after me I'm going to need legal advice b/c I don't care what those fuckwads say, I can have anything I choose on my website :madspit:

Haha, if I'm the best you can come up with for legal advice I think you're screwed. :wink:

I don't like this "school" thing, what with its "classes" and "getting up in the morning" and whatnot.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Hey Kim, are you back in Fort Myers? Will you be there in March? B/c Ellen and I could come see you then!

Sure am! I'm living at home until I a) decide to get an apartment or b) finally make it to grad school

Dood, you better come see me if you're down here! And if Ft. Myers still exists by then :|

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Apparently the RIAA busted someone for hosting the newest U2 leaks. Ellen, be ready cus if they come after me I'm going to need legal advice b/c I don't care what those fuckwads say, I can have anything I choose on my website :madspit:

Ellen can give you legal advice and I'll protest outside the courthouse for you!

*gets sharpies and cardboard ready* :)

I can... uh... dig up your bones after they execute you...

I got bored yesterday and started looking at weather patterns. Did you know Mishawaka gets 70 inches of snow a year? GR was the only city I could find that got more... at 75. Lafayette, by contrast, gets 29. Now I can back it up when people here are complaining about the weather and I laugh at them.

Got new glasses (---> :cool: ) today! :hyper:

I both got a new frame and a new pair of lenses that is even stronger than last time... now everything is suddenly so bright and sharp! :laugh:

Merc said:

Where is that?! :confused: It possibly can't be that bad, can it?!
i live on the beach in oregon. during the summer the highway is clogged with idiot feckin drivers with no sense!
every year its the same thing and ive been here for 19 years!!! :crazy:

i saw an old guy naked today in his doorway. well like his buttcrack. ack

So apparently I have tiny veins :| I had blood drawn this morning and I still look like a heroin addict. At least it hurt way less than I anticipated and now I'm not apprehensive about giving blood. It hurt a lot less than the sliver under my fingernail I got two nights ago!

Tomorrow's my birthday and I might get a new kitty! (as a present to myself) :hyper:

Last edited:
having little veins suck
Last time I was in the hospital the lady had to stick me twice and poke around for like 5 minutes to find a vein in my hand. I was just uncomfortable, Dave was about a second away from passing out, heh.

The last time I had surgery they kept trying to put the IV needle in my right hand. I told them that won't work. They always have to go with the left hand. She kept poking me and again I told her to try the left. She said that the doctor preferred the right. I said well he isn't going to get the right this time. Eventually she tried the left and had no problem. My right hand was black and blue for quite a long time.:|

oh yeah

here, let's play charades

newyear_icon.gif

dp-birthday.gif

yumpop.jpg

^^ Good morning! :wave:

... and goodnight :yawn: - I'm going to bed now! :D

Have to get up early tomorrow so I can be in the cathedral in time to hear Bishop Tutu! :hyper:

Merc said:

Let's play what??? :confused: :reject:

charades (used with a sing. or pl. verb) A game in which words or phrases are represented in pantomime, sometimes syllable by syllable, until they are guessed by the other players.

actually what I did was more like Pictionary, but it works

Just got home from the cathedral! :hyper: And...

...I've shaken hands with Desmond Tutu himself!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Wauh - That man is really amazing!!! :bow: If going to church was like tat every sunday, I'd certainly be there more often...

He turned us all into joyful South Africans instead of shy Danes and made us all :applaud: and :laugh: - and he made a wonderful sermon about Gods dream, that we are all brothers and sisters and about how to spend our money! :bow:

... it's gonna be a while before I wash my hand! :wink:

Last edited:
that's awesome

...ok, I'll admit I just got really confused by your post, though. It's 8am, I was wondering what kind of early church did you go to, to be back by now? Oooh, Denmark, riiight...

I have a professor that does his field work in Denmark. All his examples for everything involve Danes.

Kristie said:
I have a professor that does his field work in Denmark. All his examples for everything involve Danes.

Is that good or bad?! :shifty:

Really Random Question:

Has anyone ever used the word flau? As in "I feel flau."

My mom always used it when I was growing up and now I'm trying to figure out what language it actually is (and what a good English translation is for it) for a paper in my Sociolinguistics class - I thought it was Dutch, since she's Dutch, but now I think maybe it's German? Or it could be Swedish, Norwegian or Danish (any Scandinavians in here I'm looking at you :wink: )
Or it could be Germanically based and then all of the Germanic languages just picked it up too. I think I've confused myself.

Merc, you're Danish? I don't think I knew that. Where are you from? People (I don't know how far back, but I don't think far enough to be called ancestors) on my Dad's side were from Tønder (which you may have never heard of, I don't remember how big the city is). :wave:

Ultraviolet Light said:
Really Random Question:

Has anyone ever used the word flau? As in "I feel flau."

My mom always used it when I was growing up and now I'm trying to figure out what language it actually is (and what a good English translation is for it) for a paper in my Sociolinguistics class - I thought it was Dutch, since she's Dutch, but now I think maybe it's German? Or it could be Swedish, Norwegian or Danish (any Scandinavians in here I'm looking at you :wink: )
Or it could be Germanically based and then all of the Germanic languages just picked it up too. I think I've confused myself.

You're looking at me?! Then, :wave: !!! :D

I think you're right when you say it's German. I don't know any Dutch, but I know that "flau" has a meaning in German:

"Flau" is German for "embarrassed"

In Danish we spell flau/embarrassed: "Flov". I'm not quite sure how they spell it in Sweden and Norway... :hmm:

Ultraviolet Light said:
Merc, you're Danish? I don't think I knew that. Where are you from? People (I don't know how far back, but I don't think far enough to be called ancestors) on my Dad's side were from Tønder (which you may have never heard of, I don't remember how big the city is). :wave:

Yep! :D I'm from Copenhagen...

I know where Tønder is (It's in southern Jylland) - for the ones interested I've marked it with red in the map below (Copenhagen is the green square - I marked it, 'cause it wasn't marked on the map):

33%3B8233523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C%3B%3C%3B%3C944ot1lsi

Tønder is a very small city, but it's somewhat famous because a part of the royal family lives nearby... :)

If you need any more help, you just ask! :up:

:wave:

Last edited:
Merc said:
"Flau" is German for "embarrassed"

Hmm, I think I may be thinking of Dutch then, although it's spelled the same. I would say I feel flau if I felt sort of...unspecifically not well, but not terrible enough to go to a doctor or anything.
I used some internet dictionaries (not usually a good source of solid info, but better than nothing!) and they said that flau in Norwegian would be embarrassed, in Swedish would be dull or sheepish (these may be wrong, but at least I can hopefully rule them out as source languages then), and in Dutch would be "weak, thin, stupid, insipid, idle, flat, faint, dull, dim." Insipid ("devoid of qualities that make for spirit and character") seems to be the closest, although I don't know if there's a direct translation in English - that would probably explain why we're still using the word around here.

Hopefully if I'm wrong my professor won't know it either. :shifty:

Merc said:
I'm from Copenhagen...

:drool: I loved Copenhagen when I was there. When a pile of money drops into my lap, it's back to Scandinavia I go! :D

Thanks for your help, Merc! :wave:

*edited because typing and spelling at the same time is evidently not my forte. :reject:

Last edited:
Ultraviolet Light said:
:drool: I loved Copenhagen when I was there. When a pile of money drops into my lap, it's back to Scandinavia I go! :D

Let me know when you're comming over! :wink:

Ultraviolet Light said:
Thanks for your help, Merc! :wave:

You're welcome - anytime! :D:up:

kellyahern said:
woo hoo! I'm back with full power I've missed you high speed internet

Missed you Kelly... :hug: ...and all your pics! :wink: I'm glad you're back! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom