Hung, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably fend for yourself. This is where we're planning on splurging out in Brisbane, finances permitting: Emporium Hotel Brisbane | Luxury accommodation in Brisbane

I love the phallic symbols on the website. :up:

I has mah own laptop and wi-fi.

Hooray! :jealous:

Who knew WiFi took three fricking hours to set up? :grumpy:

Oh bugger. Well, it's been three weeks since I've had my own internet, what's another three hours, if I can get the wireless card working again?

I had to laugh... I looked up a Sydney hotel's website (The Hughenden, if you're curious), and it had been hacked by Muslim hackers. :lol:

*reminisces fondly of when u2.com got pwned*

I hope yours doesn't cut out every ten minutes like mine does. :slant:

My laptop works fine on any and every wi-fi on the planet ... except my own bloody modem. Tinkered with the config a bit and still can't figure out the reason it drops out so consistently. Luckily I don't normally need to unplug the ethernet cable.

Works beautifully. Having far too much fun with my new 'puter. Had to download everything all over again, :lol: Java, Flash, iTunes. Getting used to the trackpad. Might get a wireless mouse.

Authorizing my new computer with my iTunes account. Bleh. I hate doing that.

there's a good chance you'd get killed in one of the Burwood parking lots, because the Asians drive around them at 30 - 40ks without looking.

See, I feel sorry for anybody trying to drive around Melbourne's Parkville campus - everybody's just strolling all over the roads and if your car doesn't have a plow, you're not going to get past a crawl.

I had to laugh... I looked up a Sydney hotel's website (The Hughenden, if you're curious), and it had been hacked by Muslim hackers. :lol:

*reminisces fondly of when u2.com got pwned*

:lol:

Good memories.

Psst, just swung you an e-mail.

Works beautifully. Having far too much fun with my new 'puter. Had to download everything all over again, :lol: Java, Flash, iTunes. Getting used to the trackpad. Might get a wireless mouse.

Good stuff. What sort of computer have you got anyway?

I used to use a wireless mouse rather than the touchpad, but after travelling enough without the mouse, I've got used to the touchpad and the mouse is now on loan to my old-and-otherwise-mouseless PC. Never thought I'd use a touchpad if I could avoid it, but there you go. Only took about one and a half years!

There really is nothing like a good pizza to cheer you up.

See, I feel sorry for anybody trying to drive around Melbourne's Parkville campus - everybody's just strolling all over the roads and if your car doesn't have a plow, you're not going to get past a crawl.

Monash's Clayton campus is all traffic lights and pedestrian crossings and speed bumps. And over-zealous parking cops... :grumpy:

Manners fail today. Hi also Ax and Charlotte :wave:

I generally operate on the principle that hellos and waves are a given whenever anyone comes in... :reject:

I have tickets of some sort waiting for me at the post office... hoping I can combine picking them up with certifying the docs I'm going to send with the UK application.

Good stuff. What sort of computer have you got anyway?

I used to use a wireless mouse rather than the touchpad, but after travelling enough without the mouse, I've got used to the touchpad and the mouse is now on loan to my old-and-otherwise-mouseless PC. Never thought I'd use a touchpad if I could avoid it, but there you go. Only took about one and a half years!
Compaq CQ62. Poor man's HP.

I'm getting used to it. It's kind of annoying that there's no scrolly-wheel, but I'll get over it. Must learn not to press CAPS LOCK when i really only mean to type an "a". :giggle:

Monash's Clayton campus is all traffic lights and pedestrian crossings and speed bumps. And over-zealous parking cops... :grumpy:

Parkville is just lots of buildings with pathways between them, some of which are meant to handle vehicular traffic.

Apparently we used to have a lake!

we have traffic lights and a speed bump at Burwood. people are shocked when i just keep driving even though the light is red. there's not fucking need for the light, it's a 3m pedestrian crossing, so i just run it. and then laugh. cunts.

fuck i hate uni.

damn everyone who said "it's the most awesome years of your life!" damn American Pie.

I thought you were out at Waurn Ponds or something, not Burwood?

What you need is a uni that has random free lunchtime gigs on Tuesdays to liven things up. Not that I've been to any this year. Hell, I don't even know who's meant to be playing. That was good times over the last couple of years too, I don't know why I've got out of the habit. Now I just sit at home and research and write and am generally boring.

Charlotte and I are off out for a bit, see you folks later! :wave:

Parkville is just lots of buildings with pathways between them, some of which are meant to handle vehicular traffic.

Apparently we used to have a lake!

Monash has a lake! Or it did when I was there. It's possible it's filled up with smelly toxic sludge by now, and in the next few million years, the unhealthy fish, frogs and birds that used to frequent it will be fossilised in all their grotty glory. Not to mention any number of empty beer bottles and other student-related detritus. And the odd biology student who went in looking for interesting algae and never came out.

Any ideas on what you might want to do? UniSA has certainly become a great uni, overtaken Flinders I think. Which is still good, but seems to have slipped in recent years (the location is lovely, though).

I want to become an architect. So I'm still not sold on which one of those two I will want to go.

Monash has a lake! Or it did when I was there. It's possible it's filled up with smelly toxic sludge by now, and in the next few million years, the unhealthy fish, frogs and birds that used to frequent it will be fossilised in all their grotty glory. Not to mention any number of empty beer bottles and other student-related detritus. And the odd biology student who went in looking for interesting algae and never came out.

:lol:

We had a nice lake where we now have a big building. And where the huge Baillieu library is, there used to be a row of old houses for the professors, back in the day when they lived on campus. Only one of them is left ... it's now the snob club for faculty and PhD students. They do good hot chocolate.

Compaq CQ62. Poor man's HP.

I'm getting used to it. It's kind of annoying that there's no scrolly-wheel, but I'll get over it. Must learn not to press CAPS LOCK when i really only mean to type an "a". :giggle:
I've been using laptops for over three years and I STILL do that. I don't think you outgrow that.

Woah, it's Serena! :wave:

And I can scroll with the touchpad, so I don't miss my mouse's scrolly wheel all that much. I get very confused when I sit down at somebody else's laptop and try to scroll with the touchpad and nothing happens.

Footy tonight. :drool:

International rugby's done, though. Soon as the AFL's done next week, I'm going to be craving the start of the cricket season.

Hi Axver, Hi Alison! :wave:

I hope all is well with you both. I am headed to bed though, actually. I'll try to stop in again soon.

I was OK with how fast this year was going ... then suddenly June became mid-September. What the hell? Can't believe that in eight days, the footy season'll be done for another year.

Hi Axver, Hi Alison! :wave:

I hope all is well with you both. I am headed to bed though, actually. I'll try to stop in again soon.

You better at least stop by after PT's RCMH gig. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom