Hung, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, hang on, this is our last year with sixteen teams, isn't it? Southport Sharks Gold Coast Suns are in as of next season, right, or is that not until 2012?

Yes, GC arrive next year. If they weren't what would the point of signing uncontracted players from all over the league be? :wink:

Oh my god. This is a trainwreck. What happened, Geelong?

(No idea if we're live or not. Guessing not? Papers had suggested we might get it live. At quarter time here, anyway.)

I for one hope Wezza Danny is still alive.

And on another note, I just went onto your profile page and what was with that 4st7lb guy? Obviously he's a banned user returning (and banned again), d'you know who he might be?

Oh man, Wezza Danny must've had a heart attack by about halfway through the first quarter. I can't believe how much the Pies are just totally shutting down Geelong.

I think that guy's just somebody I pissed off with my rankings in those album rating threads in EYKIW. Took my dislike of One too personally or something? :lol:

Well, we're at half-time ... I can't believe what's just happened. I was worried the Pies would dominate, but not this thoroughly. Fucking hell!

Oh man, Wezza Danny must've had a heart attack by about halfway through the first quarter. I can't believe how much the Pies are just totally shutting down Geelong.

I think that guy's just somebody I pissed off with my rankings in those album rating threads in EYKIW. Took my dislike of One too personally or something? :lol:

Any ideas on who it could be? :D

Well, we're at half-time ... I can't believe what's just happened. I was worried the Pies would dominate, but not this thoroughly. Fucking hell!

I turned off after 5 minutes. Seriously, how does Collingwood, with a comparatively average forward line still manage to be so good?

Our only hope is St. Kilda.

You aren't even watching any more? I can't stop, it's like witnessing a car crash. The Pies are just absolutely clinical.

I wonder if Geelong can even make the margin look respectable in the end. They've done this to so many teams over the last few years; it's surreal to see it happening to them.

You aren't even watching any more? I can't stop, it's like witnessing a car crash. The Pies are just absolutely clinical.

I wonder if Geelong can even make the margin look respectable in the end. They've done this to so many teams over the last few years; it's surreal to see it happening to them.

Nope. It's like watching a cat being run over. :(

I've been thinking and I am really starting to think that this may be the end of the Cats dominance. It's likely that Ablett will go off to the GC and much of the team are ageing and will probably retire within the next few years. It's scary but they got 2 cups out of it.

Oh yeah, this game it's quite obvious - Pies are in the ascendancy while the Cats are dropping off. I can't help but feel that if we'd gone to the finals in about June, the Cats would've got there, but now? They're aging, they're fading, and all their experience can't fight a clinical machine that knows their strategies, their players, and how to shut them down completely.

It's a shame, but it's a cycle of footy.

At least it's not the English Premier League.

I just want Essendon to hurry up, bottom out, rise, and return to being one of the stronger sides in the league!

What's the betting at least one Cat announces their retirement after this game?

I just want Essendon to hurry up, bottom out, rise, and return to being one of the stronger sides in the league!

What's the betting at least one Cat announces their retirement after this game?

It'll happen during the week.

I haven't seen Ax's profile lately, but that troll guy spammed a lot of forums and profiles before getting re-banned. It's in the Banned Members thread if you're curious, can't remember his previous handle without checking it myself.

I deleted his comment from my profile.

And yeah, holy shit, I feel sorry for Geelong. Two of my ex-housemates will be most unhappy.

I can only hope the Pies spent the whole year learning how to stop Geelong, and the Saints (or Doggies) may be able to surprise them...

You know, Geelong managed to make the final margin look almost respectable, 41 points. Could've been eighty. Christ on a bike.

End of an era, that's for sure. Looked like Ablett was going to cry there.

I was bored so I decided to write a song. :happy:

Hello Monday
Are you to accumulate me a fine?
Slicing through my shaking hand
And dragging me to the scene of a crime

Blame it on the Sunday
I reflected on my shattered mind
Too lazy to change today
It's the story of my life
I was eager and well meaning
But I can't stop the precipitation in my eyes

Happiness is foreign
A concept I can't explain
My maker told the world
To isolate me with my pain

In a hospital by Wednesday
I'm not in any word right
Not religious but my delusion satisfies
You wouldn't believe me
But I was attacked by knives on Tuesday night

Happiness is foreign
My maker told the world
To isolate me with my pain

Thursday and I'm gained up on by uncertainty
Friday I'm in a daze
Saturday I'm a soul living inside of a valuable vase

Happiness is foreign

I like it when I write down things when they're still fresh in my mind.

Where is everyone? :fist: How dare you all get lives!

:wink:

More specifically, where's Alison when I need her?

Any ideas on who it could be? :D

I turned off after 5 minutes. Seriously, how does Collingwood, with a comparatively average forward line still manage to be so good?

Our only hope is St. Kilda.

One would argue the same about Adelaide, oh wait...where did they end up this September :wink:

I haven't seen Ax's profile lately, but that troll guy spammed a lot of forums and profiles before getting re-banned. It's in the Banned Members thread if you're curious, can't remember his previous handle without checking it myself.

I deleted his comment from my profile.

And yeah, holy shit, I feel sorry for Geelong. Two of my ex-housemates will be most unhappy.

I can only hope the Pies spent the whole year learning how to stop Geelong, and the Saints (or Doggies) may be able to surprise them...

Sorry to burst the bubble Ali, but the we used to be the cats, saints and dogs bitches until this year, and the pies have beaten them all at least once this year. (which means didally sqwat come next week) but just saying :wink:

It's okay. Although there were more factors than the bad start to the year, admittedly.

Back
Top Bottom