Hung, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As expected, no real surprises in Munich. I'm just glad MOTD stuck around in the setlist. And we're taking credit at U2gigs for Bono's shout-out of "that would be the Internet" at the end of North Star when the audience sings along. :wink:

:lol: Congrats :wink:
I'd say you win an internet, but you are the whole thing now!

I love that at the start of Mercy, he's "we've only played this once, so you can't know it!" Oh, but Bono, we do. How we do.

Bono knows about the Internet? He's more tech-savvy than I thought :happy:

He clearly doesn't know enough about it if he thinks that they can play a new song live and keep it new for more than two shows. Not to mention imagining that people don't know about songs that leaked... how long ago? Five or six years?

Oh my god, Charlotte, why didn't I think of doing an E. V. B. Sampson avatar! :lmao:

It is very disturbing. :yikes:

By the way ... Melbourne Uni tops nation's rankings

Yes, this is just a :tongue: in Alison's general direction.

/pointless-uni-rivalry

If all you UniMelb lot can do is fap about your la-di-da university and highfalutin rankings and whatnot, you've clearly missed out on a full, broad education that ...blah blah... life experience and ...something impressive... self-obsession and petty one-up-manship ...etc. etc.... more than a number, and in any case ...I don't actually have a point... twenty-three aardvarks! So there. :tsk:

If Melbourne had had any sort of vertebrate palaeontology on offer (or if Pat had been there instead of Monash), I would have gone there. But they didn't, so I didn't, and I'm glad. Glad glad glad glad glad! :wink:

I doubt I'll be doing much sleeping tonight. Someone made an analogy between the Toys from Toy Story and the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who. The toys freeze when a human looks at them. The Angels freeze when anything looks at them. You can't kill a stone. You can't kill a toy when it's in toy mode. When you hold a toy from your childhood, you feel nostalgic and metaphorically transported back in time. One touch from a Weeping Angel transports you literally back in time to live out the rest of your life. Angels are the only psychopaths in the universe to kill you kindly. Anyway. I'll not be sleeping tonight.

:lol: Congrats :wink:
I'd say you win an internet, but you are the whole thing now!

He clearly doesn't know enough about it if he thinks that they can play a new song live and keep it new for more than two shows. Not to mention imagining that people don't know about songs that leaked... how long ago? Five or six years?

It is very disturbing. :yikes:

If all you UniMelb lot can do is fap about your la-di-da university and highfalutin rankings and whatnot, you've clearly missed out on a full, broad education that ...blah blah... life experience and ...something impressive... self-obsession and petty one-up-manship ...etc. etc.... more than a number, and in any case ...I don't actually have a point... twenty-three aardvarks! So there. :tsk:

If Melbourne had had any sort of vertebrate palaeontology on offer (or if Pat had been there instead of Monash), I would have gone there. But they didn't, so I didn't, and I'm glad. Glad glad glad glad glad! :wink:
No no. The three phrases that automatically win any argument are: "I don't know, why are you so adopted?" ; "Yeah? Well, I hope you get squirrel AIDS." ; and "Two camels in a tiny car, bitch!"

Killed the thread with geekness. Yaaaaaay! [::kermitflail::]

I doubt I'll be doing much sleeping tonight. Someone made an analogy between the Toys from Toy Story and the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who. The toys freeze when a human looks at them. The Angels freeze when anything looks at them. You can't kill a stone. You can't kill a toy when it's in toy mode. When you hold a toy from your childhood, you feel nostalgic and metaphorically transported back in time. One touch from a Weeping Angel transports you literally back in time to live out the rest of your life. Angels are the only psychopaths in the universe to kill you kindly. Anyway. I'll not be sleeping tonight.

Yeah, but the toys don't look all freaky when they get close to you...

:lmao:

I can tell that Monash education really gave you an advantage over the rest of us with critical reasoning and logical deduction and aardvark references. :wink:

Anyway, I've got to get back to work for Snobbery 501.

I'm trying to decide where to stay in Brisbane for Crowdies... looks like there are a few options close to the venue, but I read somewhere it's not the nicest part of town, and I'm wondering how likely I am to be mugged while walking 600m between the Convention Centre and a hotel/motel/serviced apartment/B&B after a gig. :uhoh:

:lmao:

I can tell that Monash education really gave you an advantage over the rest of us with critical reasoning and logical deduction and aardvark references. :wink:

Anyway, I've got to get back to work for Snobbery 501.

Ah yes, unit 12: Tawny Port-swilling for Pompous Bastards. :wink:

Ah yes, unit 12: Tawny Port-swilling for Pompous Bastards. :wink:

Got to practise decanting methods, after all!

I'm trying to decide where to stay in Brisbane for Crowdies... looks like there are a few options close to the venue, but I read somewhere it's not the nicest part of town, and I'm wondering how likely I am to be mugged while walking 600m between the Convention Centre and a hotel/motel/serviced apartment/B&B after a gig. :uhoh:

Nah, the Southbank area is meant to be a tourism/cultural hub. Think you'll be fine. Not sure what Charlotte and I are doing - we'd like to stay at the swanky nice place we stayed for PT, but it's not within walking distance of the Convention Centre.

Dea ... kin? :wink:

some joke of a uni

i didn't look at the setlist today... but i think it's pretty fucking hilarious that the band are bemused that some portion of the crowd recognised Mercy and North Star. on one hand it makes me a little sad and is a bit scary, but on the other, much bigger hand, it's hilarious. if only Bono could see how angry lazarus is that certain parts of Mercy are gone.

I just ate dinosaur spaghetti on toast for lunch. I am now full of happiness and rainbows! :cute:

That must be one of the best lunches in existence. :up:

Nah, the Southbank area is meant to be a tourism/cultural hub. Think you'll be fine. Not sure what Charlotte and I are doing - we'd like to stay at the swanky nice place we stayed for PT, but it's not within walking distance of the Convention Centre.

Yeah, there are apparently any number of art galleries and trendy cafés in the area... and a major road and a large bridge with a hotel right under it. *L*

The places I've been looking at are from $95 to about $140 a night for a double room. I thought you guys were staying with family in Birs?

Nah, if we stayed with my family, we'd have to go down to the Gold Coast, which would mean an hour-plus train trip after the gig.

And by god, the Brisbane trains talk to you way too much. I think we just about went mad doing the trip in February. "The next station is Loganlea. This is a Gold Coast train, running express from Loganlea to Beenleigh, then stopping all stations to Varsity Lakes." WE KNOW. YOU TOLD US FIFTY TIMES BEFORE.

some joke of a uni

i didn't look at the setlist today... but i think it's pretty fucking hilarious that the band are bemused that some portion of the crowd recognised Mercy and North Star. on one hand it makes me a little sad and is a bit scary, but on the other, much bigger hand, it's hilarious. if only Bono could see how angry lazarus is that certain parts of Mercy are gone.

Ah Lazarus, is there something he doesn't have a little kiddy tantrum about?

I'll be going to either Adelaide Uni or Uni of SA, probably.

I hear lots of bands are touring Birs this year. Popular spot! :wink:

God dammit. :lol: I can't even blame the phone for that one!

Nah, if we stayed with my family, we'd have to go down to the Gold Coast, which would mean an hour-plus train trip after the gig.

Ah right, dunno where I got the idea that you had people to stay with in Brisbane (or lovely Birs). Should I expand my accommodation searches to three people, then...?

Ah right, dunno where I got the idea that you had people to stay with in Brisbane (or lovely Birs). Should I expand my accommodation searches to three people, then...?

Probably fend for yourself. This is where we're planning on splurging out in Brisbane, finances permitting: Emporium Hotel Brisbane | Luxury accommodation in Brisbane

It was positively fantastic for PT (especially since it was in walking distance of the Tivoli), and their air conditioning saved us from the dire Queensland summer outside.

Yikes, everywhere in Brisbane seems inordinately expensive in early November. Much pricier than February this year.

Family First's Steve Fielding loses Senate seat

Hooray? I'm less happy about this than I thought I would be, because it seems we've just gone and replaced one far right nutter (Fielding) with another (the DLP guy). The article says 97% of people voted above the line ... jesus, and I bet most of them had no idea where their preferences were going. See, this is why we manage to elect crazies via preferences: people just don't pay attention.

I hope yours doesn't cut out every ten minutes like mine does. :slant:

My laptop works fine on any and every wi-fi on the planet ... except my own bloody modem. Tinkered with the config a bit and still can't figure out the reason it drops out so consistently. Luckily I don't normally need to unplug the ethernet cable.

i'm actually a member of UniSA. my italian course is done through them.

But hey, they liven up Melbourne streets with gaudy ad trams!

(I think I'm still seeing spots from the last Deakin tram I saw.)

there's a good chance you'd get killed in one of the Burwood parking lots, because the Asians drive around them at 30 - 40ks without looking.

Back
Top Bottom