How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unless coldplay beats u2 to it!!! oh wait they already did and will do it again!!!!!!!!!!

u2 needs to change their sound to get away from all the coldplays/ keane and what not mellow/sappy bands that are out in full force right now!!

u2 are not my fave band anymore thanks to (atyclb and htdaab) so i could care less what they do now!!

shaun vox said:
unless coldplay beats u2 to it!!! oh wait they already did and will do it again!!!!!!!!!!

u2 needs to change their sound to get away from all the coldplays/ keane and what not mellow/sappy bands that are out in full force right now!!

u2 are not my fave band anymore thanks to (atyclb and htdaab) so i could care less what they do now!!
Well go and bother another site and leave us fans alone to enjoy the music:|

shaun vox: u2 needs to change their sound to get away from all the coldplays/ keane and what not mellow/sappy bands that are out in full force right now!! u2 are not my fave band anymore thanks to (atyclb and htdaab) so i could care less what they do now!!
i 2nd this! U2 became lame ducks. since 1999 they make music without balls... (except LAPOE). that is so sad:sad:

boystupidboy said:
I'd settle for more of the same on the next album....more please lads:drool:

:up:

We win on all sides:

We get an album of great songs.

The final album of the trilogy.

The "chasing away" of many from this site.

Awesome.

:no:

Just look at a shaun. No one will be chased away...it will just be even more fun to stay here :wink:

Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

MrBrau1 said:

We win on all sides:

We get an album of great songs.

The final album of the trilogy.

The "chasing away" of many from this site.

Awesome.

Why do you want people to be chased away? Does a U2 fan have to love what U2 are doing now to be a good U2 fan? Does one saying that x record is better than Bomb automatically means that one is living in the past? Is it too much of an annoyance for you to have people who happen to think any number of other U2 albums are better than Bomb?

Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

namkcuR said:

Why do you want people to be chased away? Does a U2 fan have to love what U2 are doing now to be a good U2 fan? Does one saying that x record is better than Bomb automatically means that one is living in the past? Is it too much of an annoyance for you to have people who happen to think any number of other U2 albums are better than Bomb?

That's fair enough, but ex-fans who get their kicks from always criticising the band are surely complete wankers. Do you disagree? :wink:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

namkcuR said:

I've hated the crap Radiohead have been shitting out since Kid A. Yet you won't find me on a RH board ragging on them.

Many here have hated U2 for the past 5 years, and will surely hate the new record as well, making it 3 straight, and 7 or 8 years of dislike.

Yet they still post here. :scratch:

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

MrBrau1 said:

I've hated the crap Radiohead have been shitting out since Kid A. Yet you won't find me on a RH board ragging on them.

Many here have hated U2 for the past 5 years, and will surely hate the new record as well, making it 3 straight, and 7 or 8 years of dislike.

Yet they still post here. :scratch:

Now see, we disagree about Radiohead too. I think Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail To The Thief are all brilliant.

There's no sense in you and I getting into an arguement. We have fundementally different musical tastes - You would rather a band figure out what they're good at, and then keep doing it, while I like bands that experiment.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

namkcuR said:

Now see, we disagree about Radiohead too. I think Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail To The Thief are all brilliant.

There's no sense in you and I getting into an arguement. We have fundementally different musical tastes - You would rather a band figure out what they're good at, and then keep doing it, while I like bands that experiment.

You originally asked "Why do you want people to be chased away? "

I think your questions were adequately answered by both MrBrau1 and myself. Why are you deliberately changing the subject?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

roy said:

You originally asked "Why do you want people to be chased away? "

I think your questions were adequately answered by both MrBrau1 and myself. Why are you deliberately changing the subject?

I didn't change any subject. I chose to put out an argeument before it started. There's no point.

And I don't find his answer satisfactory. I see no reason why a person shouldn't post on any given band's forum if he/she likes any of the band's music, even if he/she doesn't like the band's most recent work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

namkcuR said:

I didn't change any subject. I chose to put out an argeument before it started. There's no point.

And I don't find his answer satisfactory. I see no reason why a person shouldn't post on any given band's forum if he/she likes any of the band's music, even if he/she doesn't like the band's most recent work.

Yes.....but.....yet again I'll ask the same question......What if it reaches that stage where he/she is posting purely for the sheer enjoyment of criticism.

DEAR GOD....IS THAT ACCEPTABLE IN YOUR OPINION?????

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

roy said:

Yes.....but.....yet again I'll ask the same question......What if it reaches that stage where he/she is posting purely for the sheer enjoyment of criticism.

DEAR GOD....IS THAT ACCEPTABLE IN YOUR OPINION?????

No, those people are called trolls and they are not acceptable. But it's also not fair when people who aren't trolls get treated like trolls simply because of their opinion about a certain record.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

namkcuR said:

No, those people are called trolls and they are not acceptable. But it's also not fair when people who aren't trolls get treated like trolls simply because of their opinion about a certain record.

I dunno who you guys hate ATYCLB and HTDAAB so much. I prefer them over Pop and Zooropa so much it's not even funny.

How can you compare songs like Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, Miracle Drug, Vertigo, All Because of You, COBL, and all the other songs to songs like Numb, Lemon, Staring at the Sun, Discotheque?

I dunno I guess I just have different taste than everyone :reject:

IrishDawg said:
I dunno who you guys hate ATYCLB and HTDAAB so much. I prefer them over Pop and Zooropa so much it's not even funny.

How can you compare songs like Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, Miracle Drug, Vertigo, All Because of You, COBL, and all the other songs to songs like Numb, Lemon, Staring at the Sun, Discotheque?

I dunno I guess I just have different taste than everyone :reject:

Taste is really all it boils down to. Unfortunately, some people here think that liking ATYCLB and HTDAAB more than Pop and Zooropa means you have poor taste. While I personally feel Pop and Zooropa blow ATYCLB out the water (not so with HTDAAB), I don't see the point in ridiculing someone because he/she disagrees.

I must ask, though - why did you pick those songs from Pop and Zooropa to compare to the hits from ATYCLB and HTDAAB? At first I thought that maybe you were just comparing singles, but Miracle Drug and Kite weren't singles. If you're going to list the best songs from ATYCLB and HTDAAB, I think it would be fair to compare the better songs from Pop and Zooropa. Something like this, perhaps: Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, Miracle Drug, Vertigo, All Because Of You, and COBL to Zooropa, Stay, Lemon, Mofo, Please, Last Night On Earth, and Gone.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

namkcuR said:

U2Man's right. He wasn't talking about you shaun cos you ARE a troll.

:lmao:

:wave:

:wink:

I'm all for interesting discussion between the various viewpoints..personally I don't subscribe to either of the two "camps" that dominate this forum, as I like all the 90s and 2000 -2004 work, and the futile ranting that goes on between the two entrenched sides is just mind-numbing at times..however, what does annoy me are the people who relentlessly spew negativity and contribute nothing else..these people are hopelessly one-sided and definitely drag the forum down at times.

Back
Top Bottom