How did the Kanye Feedback go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im 14 and i like rap muisc and all the rest of it but unless ur in GA u will not be ammused. I was in B-reserve and i think he looked up once at us.

i didnt even know he was on stage i thought everyone was cheering over the beach ball that was tosed into the crowd off the stage

i was told by tickertek (sp?) that he would play for an hour he played for half on hour then buggered off, i think coz ppl lost intrest in him and i could tell he felt it

I purposely missed him - I had no choice on Night one in Sydney and found him to be very loud and distorted. Night 2 - missed him and night 3 I purposely missed him. I really thought U2 could have found someone else - but that's just my 2 cents :)

I thought he was brilliant. Really fab. I'm surprised so many people didnt enjoy him. I didnt know any of his songs and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Its a shame that so many people wagged his set. How are you going to know if you like his music if you don't listen to it?

Hi all. My first post after being registered since 2001!

This lad better not cock-up my first U2 experience.

I've waited 20 years for this Saturday (Melbourne 18/11), will have waited for probably 6 hours or more in the GA queue, so if he doesn't come up with the goods I will not be a happy little camper...

I'm not a rap or hip-hop fan but I'll give him a chance... It will be a looooong hour or so if he's a dud.

Last edited:
it was too loud friday night, i was in the back and the sound was shocking

saturday i was in the ellipse it sounded a lot better, and where i was the crowd really got into it, he got the crowd going

monday was also a good night for kayne as well

that was very good of kayne to come to OZ, when he thought he would be here in march, im sure he would have had some plans, but it was good of him to come back to our shores. he could hav pulled the plug, but decided to come back.

i found it a bit unusual for a rapper to be the warm up for a rock and roll band, but hey something different, i did buy kayne album in march, so i know some of his songs, so i could sing along too

but it was a good warm up to the best concert ever!

AussieU2fanman said:

Nice logic, if you don't like something, you have a closed mind.

Not everything is automatically brilliant if you 'open your mind.' I've listened to his music and it sucks, and my mind is very open :) (I like 2pac to Sigur ross to My morning jacket to New Order)
And I think the crowd reaction certainly backs me up on my assesment of Kayne West, so obviously my sentiment resonates with them too.

What are you talking about? Where did I say "if you don't like it, you have a closed mind"?

You said:

Who couldn't see the virtually unanimous disapproval coming for a hip hop artist at a rock concert?

An open mind would prove that these two genres aren't automatically exclusive, that's all I said. It had nothing to do with liking Kanye or not.

But nice logic on your side.:|

I was in the stands Friday and Monday nights and he sounded like background music. I wasn't even aware there was anyone on stage until he was pointed out to me.

The only people who seemed to appreciate him, let alone notice anyone was there, were the people who had been lining up overnight, or all day outside.

yeh he played touch the sky, gold digger, jesus walks, he was only on for under an hour, his not as popular in australia

It is mind-boggling to me how narrow a lot of U2 fans' musical tastes are. I know we tend to be an overly white crowd, but damn, are we THAT white? That we don't appreciate Kanye West, one of the most talented acts around today?!

It always makes me cringe to think of how open-minded and outward-looking U2 is, and how when they embrace exciting trends in pop music (electronica, hip-hop), so many of their fans don't "get" it.

This is KANYE WEST!!!! He is AWESOME!!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom