help sula catch up with the U2 news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
hey all,

sula in switzerland here. I am up in the Alps and have very limited time online, so I have fallen way wayyyy behind on all the news, so I was hoping you would all be so kind as to reply to this thread and give me whatever you know of that has happened since August. I have heard the new song...but it was a very poor copy off the radio. I am liking it. A lot. So that is from someone who has been totally isolated from the net and radio. lol.

annnnnnnnnnyways. people are waiting for me to get offline, so i must close for now. I shall check this thread periodically as i know you will all be helpful.

I miss you all!!! mwah!

sula

p.s. Dutch interferencers...we need to coordinate. I think I am coming in a few weeks. woooohooo!

Carrie works really hard on the U2News forum.. you should read that forum. Everything you need to know is there.

Great To See You, Sula!!!!!

All you need to know is that Larry is dripping wet in the new video. :D

Nate Dogg said:
You missed about 600 threads concerning Pop.:eyebrow:

lol. gee, nothing new there, eh?

ummm, thanks for the help. i guess. :huh: the reason i was asking is because i don't have more than say five minutes at a time to browse so opening fifty different news threads on a slow computer is rather beyond my capabilities. but no matter. i shall remain ignorant and blissful.

ttfn. there is snow on the mountains. brrr.

and thank you, hotpepper, regarding the paper. lemme know what you think of the conclusion.

sula

For Sula...

Here are the biggest bits of U2 news in the past few weeks (or at least this is what I can remember at the moment):

1) The new single (Electrical Storm) was released to radio a bit earlier than planned since Bono's birthday gift of a non-final version of ES to a BBC dj turned out not to be the smartest move. She played it. A few days later, radio stations started playing the real version. Then we all found out there was ANOTHER version and some people made some fake versions and we were all confused as hell for a few days. My head exploded about 12 times. But now we have it all sorted out. The versions are:

1. BBC radio version. This is the so-called 'demo' version.
  2. Single version. This one is being played widely on the radio and will be released on single. It will also be on the b-sides disc of the best of.
  3. William Orbit mix. This one will be on the actual Best of Disc. I *think* it will also be on a different version of the single, but I'm not sure about that.
    [/list=1]

Not to long after the whole ES excitement, u2.com announced the official tracklisting for the Best of 1990-2000. Here it is:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways
    Beautiful Day
    Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix) (new song)
    One
    Miss Sarajevo
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    Gone (new mix)
    Until The End Of The World
    The Hands That Built America (new song)
    Discoth?que (new mix)
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    Staring At The Sun (new mix)
    Numb (new mix)
    The First Time
    The Fly

Aaaand the b-sides:

Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
    Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)
    Electrical Storm
    Summer Rain
    North & South Of The River
    Your Blue Room
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun (The Gun Mix)
    Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
    Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
    Numb (Give Me Some More Dignity Mix)
    Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
    If God Will Send His Angels - (Big Yam Mix)
    Lemon (Jeep Mix)
    Discoth?que (Hexidecimal Mix)

Technically the Fly is not *officially* on the best of. But it was on there when they first announced the tracklist before they hastily removed it from the list. Now many people have surmised that it's going to be a hidden track.

Along with the Best of, U2 is releasing a Best of DVD, with videos from all the songs on the best of, as well as from a fair number that aren't. Here's the info:

Finally, a Best of 1990 ? 2000 DVD will be released on December 3 and will feature promo videos of tracks from the A-sides CD, complete with commentary by the directors, who include Wim Wenders, Kevin Godley, Stephane Sednaoui, Anton Corbijn and Jonas Akerlund. Six bonus tracks are included on the DVD ? ?Please,? ? If God Will Send His Angels,? ?Wild Horses,? ?Lemon,? ?Last Night On Earth? and ?MoFo.? In addition, many of the tracks feature alternative versions of the clips made for different countries, as early cuts or to accompany different mixes. Further exclusive content includes a mini documentary, The Road To Sarajevo, filmed in the Bosnian capital in the run up to U2?s historic 1997 concert and complete with performance footage.

Let's see...anything else? Well, Bono was on Oprah to talk about third world debt. He was intelligent and charming as always, so that was pretty cool. Then there was the ES video, which others have mentioned. Sorry if I'm repeating anything anyone else said, or if I'm saying stuff you already know sula, but it sounded like you wanted us to write all the news here so you didn't have to search around and read 50 threads to find everything out. Although I do recommend looking at the news forum if you have a chance. HelloAngel does a great job keeping it detailed and up to date.

Hope you're having a great time, girl! Miss you!! :wave:

_______
    :cool: This new smiley kicks ass.

Last edited:
thaaaaank you, hhsc!!!! that was sooo helpful. :D cannot wait for the new disc. droooool.

:heart:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
This is Gina, btw...not sure if you remembered that...:)

yeppers. how could i forget breakfast at the downstairs bar in chicago?? :D btw, did i hear a rumour about you or someone else with your name meeting bono??? what up?

Back
Top Bottom