Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PAIR #1:
Order Date Order # Amount
01/09/06 37-28103/WES US $111.60
Event
U2
Aloha Stadium
Honolulu, HI
04/08/06 - 07:30 PM

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description
GA1 W-FAN US $49.50 US $6.30
Seats:1 to 2 | seating chart

PAIR #2
01/09/06 37-28145/WES US $111.60
Event
U2
Aloha Stadium
Honolulu, HI

PAIR #3 (ORDERED BY FRIEND):
01/09/06 37-28265/WES US $111.60
Event
U2
Aloha Stadium
Honolulu, HI

Making anyone nervous about their tix?

:eyebrow:

Well, what do you know, I also have those same seats!!!111

01/09/06 37-noneofyourbusiness/WES US $111.60
Event
U2
Aloha Stadium
Honolulu, HI

Miroslava said:
Aw.

Well, I only had one extra, but it now has Catlady's name written all over it. :D

My partners in crime have extras to cover me should a trade 4/8 for 4/9 situation arise :shifty:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'll be sure to pack my piece, I'll load it with soapy water.

kf62o2.jpg

I took that for the take a pic with your camera phone thread in LS just a few mins ago :lol:

I am diversifying in my postwhoring today

I'll have Kevin nearby. If you sniff his breath for a few seconds, you get a pretty good Rum buzz, no need to pack actual booze.

by the way :shifty: - what does ETA stand for in this thread? I always thought it was 'Estimated Time of Arrival'.

And if you need some soap, I found this last night...

MofoSoap.jpg

:lol:

Someone else asked me the same thing

Edited
To
Add

ETA: Watch Kevin try to make this comment out to be something about ooooooh how I had to be close to his breath to know about the Rum Buzz. No fucker, your breath is just that rum-ey.

:sexywink:

Last edited:
Ticketmaster has added a few things to there site. Now on the U2 event screen they have a bio you can click on and music influences.

"Big concert announcement monday, we told you U2 was gonna blow your pants off, this will too :blahblah:

Tickets still available :blahblah:

There migth be a second show added :blahblah:

Keep it right here :blahblah:"

Miroslava said:
"Big concert announcement monday, we told you U2 was gonna blow your pants off, this will too :blahblah:

Tickets still available :blahblah:

There migth be a second show added :blahblah:

Keep it right here :blahblah:"

Those first words make it sound like it would be an announcement for the Stones, instead of announcing a second U2 show.

When were announcements for additional shows made on the earlier legs of this tour? Seems like for some shows the announcement was made and the tickets started selling as soon as the first show was a sell out (or close to it). Any other similar situation where an announcement came well after the show was essentially a sell out (i.e., only singles left)? Sorry if this has been asked and answered before in an earlier thread.

tryan101 said:

Stones rumored for April 22. Big month for Honolulu!

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour06a.htm

makes sense given similar AUS/NZ/Japan tour

I'm a big fan of both bands.

Next month will be my 4th time of seeing U2 and the Stones in the same week, with the Stones in Rio on 2/18 and U2 in Sao Paulo on 2/20-21.

Previously I saw the Stones in Los Angeles on 11/9-10/97 and U2 in Miami on 11/14/97,

U2 in Osaka on 3/11/98 and the Stones in Tokyo on 3/12/98, and

U2 in LA on 11/1-2/05 and the Stones in Anaheim on 11/4/05 and LA on 11/6,8/05.

well then... more time to party and enjoy Hawaii. Don't be so sad my friends :hug:

I know 2 shows are better than 1, but still, it's U2 and it's Hawaii
relax.gif

Miroslava said:
They were pretty damn immediate as I seem to recall... :sad:

They sure were, I remember additional shows being listed before my eyes on the TM site as I was trying for tickets!

This is annoying not hearing about a 2nd show. Each day that passes I feel sadder and sadder that it's not gonna happen.

I don't wanna hear about the Stones. I wanna see U2 Apr 8 & 9! :rant:

redsoxfan said:
When were announcements for additional shows made on the earlier legs of this tour? Seems like for some shows the announcement was made and the tickets started selling as soon as the first show was a sell out (or close to it). Any other similar situation where an announcement came well after the show was essentially a sell out (i.e., only singles left)? Sorry if this has been asked and answered before in an earlier thread.

They were all immediate in the arenas. I believe the only 2005 stadium show that took some time to add was the third nigh in Dublin, but that was due to getting the proper permission to stage it.

It's not unprecedented though, for U2 to add shows several weeks after a first show sells out. In January 2001, it took about 5-6 hours for the Elevation tour opener in Sunrise, FL to fully sell out. We all knew they had intended to play 2 shows there, but they took 3 weeks for officially announcing the second night and putting it on sale.

:shrug:

I am perfectly ok with just one date, but of course two would be better

*oinks*

If not, I guess it is one more day of sun and fun with friends (with beach included since the second should would also include sun, fun and friends)...

I hate to think negatively, but a 2nd show seems less likely. given the pace of the ticket sales, I think they'd be nervous about a 2nd show perhaps not selling out, making the finale less climactic. sticking to one show would help ensure they go out with a bigger bang, so to speak. maybe it's still on or at least up in the air and I'm completely off base. hope so.

That's exactly what I have been fearing too. :slant:

Oh well, it should still be a kick ass time.

And really, two days of stadium GA is too much.

Yeah, I am only saying that to make it seem like we reaaaaally dont need 2 shows :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom